“Best Breakfast in Savannah”
Review of Henry's

Henry's
Ranked #37 of 887 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: They open at 6:30am-3:00pm, they serve breakfast and lunch, also has a breakfast buffet and a soup and salad bar for lunch. Phone number is 912-232-6628
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A colleague found this hidden gem (you would have to know what you're looking for to find it from the street) and I now make it a part of every trip for breakfast.

I've had great eggs, I've had great bacon/sausage and great pancakes as well - but for me, the star of the show at Henry's is the GRITS. Henry's eggs, pancakes, etc. are great, but when you've had grits from Henry's, you WILL be back.

Service has always been very good to excellent (albeit a little short-staffed when I was there last weekend) and there is plenty of street parking nearby.

I keep telling myself I will try their lunch (I have it on good authority that their Po Boys are as good as their grits), but I just can't bring myself NOT to order breakfast.

When you combine great food with great prices and great service, you have a winner. I highly recommend visiting Henry's whenever you're in Savannah.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love this place! They have such a delicious breakfast and a wonderful price. They are very family friendly. They always have high chairs and the staff are so nice to the children. They are quick to refill your drinks. The location is great and parking is easy. There is a garage and plenty of street parking right there. I highly recommend their ham and cheese omelette or the waffles!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott and refused to pay the steep price at the hotel for breakfast. Henry's was the perfect place. Good food at a fair price. We will go back if we ever go back to Savannah.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had breakfast here. It was quick and filling. The food was typical diner breakfast fare and we enjoyed it. Service was good. We both ate for under $20. It was VERY clean.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is where a lot of the people in the historic district eat. If the locals are eating there, you know it's good. There is nothing flashy, just good food with great service. The breakfasts are a cut above plain vanilla and the lunch options are just as good. A great place for a quick bite in the heart of the district.