“Great, unexpected delight”

Cuisines: American, French, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My daughter lives in Savannah and took me to this cute, outstanding bistro. She has eaten there seveal times, this was my first, but won't be my last. They don't have an extensive menu, but what we had was delicious. My daughter had the steak sliders...excellent and tasty with a choice of sides. She selected a very yummy potato salad. I had a grilled chicken with quinoa which was done just right and very tasty. I wish I had ordered the steak, which got rave reveiwed from others, but I'll save that for another day. We had happy hour drinks until 7, a happy surprise, and they have a nice selection of signature drinks as well as beers and wines. Overall, a great meal, quaint surroundings, nice prices, and just a great little cafe to enjoy at the end of the day.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My elderly aunt and I had enjoyed lunch at the Blue Turtle several times. The food is good, not great, and it is pricey for lunch. But we liked the atmosphere and the service was good. Until the last time. The service was almost non-existent and we were served meals we had not ordered! The waiter could have cared less. As there was no one else in the place at 2:00 in the afternoon, his indifference was especially difficult to fathom. We will not return and have shared this with our friends who have also frequented the place.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stopped in earlier tonight for a quick dinner after a busy work week. Our server, Gabriel, was a gem! He knew all about the menu and was very informed about the preparation. He helped make suggestions and was very attentive. Our 18 month old got quite fussy during the meal and he quickly brought over some toys for him to play with. The food was delicious and the menu has greatly improved. I can't say enough about the great service this evening. One of the best servers I have ever had the pleasure of having at a restaurant. We will be back soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Met friends from out of state here. Going here was a last minute decision as we didn't quite like the look of our original choice a few streets over. Blue Turtle Bistro was a nice surprise. They have an eclectic selection, and plenty of choices for the vegetarians in the group. When we visited they also had some very affordable and tempting drink specials. The staff was accommodating to the 2 year old in our group, and they even have a small play area for children. Everything we tried was delicious, and I loved their bbq tofu sliders!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the Blue Turtle Bistro for the first time this past Monday at 1:30pm when it was more than half full of diners. It appeared that everyone had been or was being served while we waited well over 40 minutes for our dinners. The wait was worth it, considering the well prepared NY steaks with crunchy fresh mixed vegetables and fantastic roasted fingerling potatoes ( I could have had a plateful of just the potatoes and been satisfied). But, the wait was actually not acceptable ---most of the tables were empty by the time we received the food.
As for the atmosphere, it was trendy, almost upscale, but that was spoiled by the waiters and waitresses serving in blue jeans and "bum around shirts". Only one person showed up as if he belonged there -dressed all in black.
I would give them a second chance in hopes that there service/appearance will improve.