“Fun place to dine and hang”
Review of Foxy Loxy Cafe

Foxy Loxy Cafe
Ranked #77 of 871 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Foxy Loxy Cafe is equal parts coffee shop, bakery and Tex-Mex cantina. Stop in to satiate those caffeine cravings, fill up on our hand-crafted tacos or unwind with a glass of wine. With indoor and outdoor seating you're bound to find just the right spot so come on and nestle in. Enjoy live music every Tuesday night from 7-10pm and fire pits in the courtyard every Saturday 7-11pm. Sunday Brunch is served from 11am-3pm.
Savannah, Georgia
“Fun place to dine and hang”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had light lunch of tacos. Innovative combination of spices and ingredients that worked together well. Fun, hip atmosphere. Great outdoor seating for when weather cools. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2012

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Coffee Shop overwhelmed by hipsters”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great local spot for coffee but the surplus of hipsters and students that find their way in is kind of a turn off

Visited January 2012
2 Thank ccrawf32
Savannah, Georgia
“Gem near SCAD and library”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Excellent soups and desserts. Friendly staff. Music on Tuesdays. Wish they would add fruit salad.

• Visited December 2011
Savannah, Georgia
“Delightful local coffee and food”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The cafe takes over the main floor of an old victorian home. Couches and wooden tables and chairs fill the front rooms. The courtyard is AMAZING and framed by vine-covered brick walls.

The SCAD students have quickly adopted this new place which sits where a former Pizzaria operated. Now they serve coffee and some international and mexican-inspired food items. I love to Colaches - which are supposed to be a Czech specialty. Cream cheese colache and bacon and cheese colaches are awesome!

It's more of a coffeeshop than a restaurant if you ask me, but I highly recommend it to anyone visiting or living in Savannah.

• Visited February 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Many things to like, but...”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My husband and I went to Foxy Loxy on Bull Street for lunch today. There were lots of things to like, but a couple of things just kept me from giving it a higher rating. There were many items on the menu that seemed very appealing and it was hard to make a choice. We ordered a bowl of the soup of the day to share and two tacos at the counter. We were given a number and told to wait at a table for the order to be brought out. Here's the problem: The server soon brought out our two tacos each wrapped in an odd little aluminum foil wrapper basically shaped like a boat. Both were served in the same plastic basket. After determining which taco belonged to who, I started to unwrap the foil to see how best to begin eating. Well! The soft shelled taco was sitting in a "lovely" pool of orange colored grease with the bottom of the tortilla fairly saturated in the grease. (Did I mention that we were seated at an outdoor table with an open mesh top? I could just imagine the grease dripping onto the legs of my pants!) I considered taking it back inside to ask for another, but decided to blot it on some paper napkins and move on. Oh, I failed to mention that she forgot our soup and seemed a bit displeased when I let her know she forgot it. It was brought out promptly and I must say it was absolutely delicious! It was a creamy potato soup with lovely chunks of bacon and shredded cheddar generously sprinkled over the top. Ahhhh, yes! Now, back to that taco! Putting aside it's greasy start, the darned thing actually had a VERY good flavor. My husband decided to go back inside to order himself a second taco to try the combination I chose. His also had the same problem with the grease, but at least he was halfway expecting it and had extra napkins ready. Why, oh why would they not drain the meat before placing it on the tortilla???

Foxy Loxy had many desserts to choose from and I finally decided on the Foxy Brownie. It was most likely the best brownie I've ever eaten. It contained espresso and cinnamon and had a wonderful consistency and fantastic flavor.

I will say that overall it was a good lunch and now that I know what to expect, I'm sure I'll have a happy experience next time I decide to return.

• Visited February 2012