“Rip off!”

Standard Bay Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Fish or explore the pristine coast of Savannah, Georgia. We offer inshore/coastal fishing, eco tours, dolphin watching, historical tours, sunset cruises and shuttle service to South Carolina islands. Design your private charter to suit your interests. Family friendly.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Capt Jay knew the conditions were not favorable for inland fishing on a freezing cold day in January yet he took the boat out anyway and my family froze to death on the water. There wasn't a fish to be seen and he even explained why! Charged $400 up front, always a red flag to my mind, and they came back early. He should have called the day before as an experienced seaman to cancel, intend of charging the full rate for a useless trip. I asked for a discounted rate after the fiasco and he refused. Disgusted!

2  Thank Isobel2010
Captain J, Owner at Standard Bay Charters, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

We tried to contact the party twice by leaving word on their house phone and cel phone prior to the booking to see if they wanted to change the date due to weather. They returned neither call and expressed their interest in going when they came to the dock for their charter. Our policy is to collect for the trip prior to leaving the dock so they were treated no differently than any other. Please note the writer's comments about Savannah, 66% were negative. We work very, very hard to please everyone but sometimes, we all know, that is not possible.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

My family and I had a great great time. Saw dolphins, captain helped kids catch fish, my wife was very comfortable on the boat. I highly recommend them!!

1  Thank ADRtheCPA