“Wonderful, Authentic Mexican Food”
Review of La Xalapena - CLOSED

La Xalapena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 15, 2011

"Off the beaten path," you say? I noticed a very wide, beaten path here--the one created by Mexican food foodies. What wonderful food!

Everything our party of four had here for lunch was delicious and authentic. I had the tamales. I personally think La Xalapena should be shipping their tamales all over the country. I'm guessing someone's grandma was in that kitchen making those tamales. YUM! Our group also enjoyed the enchiladas, tacos, carne asada and the fajitas. I look forward to trying some of their soups and fish dishes.

I don't know what La Xalapena is like at dinner, but at lunch this restaurant was very casual; a TV (yes, in Spanish) was on for the benefit of people who were taking a quick solo lunch break from work.

Service was excellent and everyone was extremely friendly. I look forward to going back soon.

1  Thank Ways2go