“What hip pain?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Milan Day Spa on Broughton

Milan Day Spa on Broughton
Ranked #1 of 31 Spas & Wellness in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Savannah's hidden jewel in the heart of the Historic District.
Des Moines
“What hip pain?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had been seeing a Chiropraticor for two wks prior to my trip to savannah. Hauling luggage, uncomfortable conference seating and an unfamiliar bed turned my twinging hip into a screaming Mimi. I opted for Milan based on the ability to schedule online and the ability to stack both facial and massage services into one long appt.

First the facial: Holly Thielke did an excellent job. I still like her after the extractions! I get a facial about once every three months, so I have a fair amount of experience. Holly did everything right. Talked to me about my current products, my concerns. Once I was on the table, she briefly explained each product she used. Once I couldn't see, she would touch my forehead or cheek before applying a product. You have no idea how comforting that is until you get a service provider that doesn't do it. She walked me through the extractions with humor and was very knowledgable about her products and skin.

Erica Gordon did my 90 minute massage. If you live in savannah and haven't had a massage from Erica, drop what you're doing and go now. Don't let the damn tourists like me steal her time! It's two hours after my massage wrapped up. That screaming Mimi hip pain? Gone. Along with the back and shoulder pain that was kicking in from babying my hip. She. Worked. It. A little Swedish, a little deep tissue, some hot stones thrown in to help loosen things up.

The patron saint of tourists smiled on me today, because I stumbled on these ladies by accident. The sign on the door calls the spa a hidden gem. Yep.

Visited October 2012

Richmond Hill, Georgia, United States
“Best Massage Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Erica Gordon, one of the massage therapists, is extremely gifted! I've had lots of massages from many other therapists, but none as good as Erica's! Erica is knowledgeable about the whole body and has studied physical therapy, which she applies to massages when applicable. I like deep tissue massages and know I can count on Erica to use just the right amount of pressure for me. I am always satisfied, as well as relaxed after a session with Erica.

Visited June 2012
“Relaxing and wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Love the atmosphere, staff and massages. Eric Gordan have me a wonder massage! So relaxing and she was very knowledgable about her profession. I have also been in on 3 separate occasions for a great spray tan!

Thanks Erica love ya

Tybee Island
“First Class experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had been meaning to get a massage for quite a while and wanted to try Milan Day Spa since they are convenient to my office. I was having numbness in my fingers from a pinched nerve. Got in with Erica right away for a Swedish massage and got immediate relief from the numbness! Next time I won't wait so long.
The staff is very professional and always friendly. The salon is 1st Class all the way.

Visited September 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This spa was recommended by my hotel concierge. After a long drive and several days walking the historic district, I wanted a relaxing manicure and pedicure. Initially I booked the express manicure ($25) and pedicure ($35) they offered. I changed my mind upon my arrival because the spa was so nice, clean and relaxing. The spa does not offer combo mani/pedi packages, which I think is unfortunate. I ended up booking the Signature Mani and Pedi with a Shellac for my manicure. Holly was the technician and she requested to do my manicure first. Even though I have always had my pedicure first so my toes are dry and ready to walk I obliged to her request and it ended up being a bad decision! I had to walk back to my hotel and my toes got smudged. My shellac manicure was wavy and one of my nails peeled with 5 days. Unfortunately, I am not from Savannah, so I could not go back for a fix of my toes or the shellac. Holly was super nice and friendly but I think her experience is limited. The spa was very relaxing and the pedicure chairs were top quality! Unfortunately, the results of my services were poor. I don't mind paying for good service, but the price was too high for what I got. $95 for shellac mani and pedicure that didn't last nearly as long as prior services I have had at other places for half the price.

Visited October 2012