“Ok stay”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Savannah GA
Ranked #94 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpfull. The rooms looked old but well kept. No elevators to the second floor and hard to axcess for handicap. Nice pool. The hotel was full being the reason we were on the send floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Savannah GA, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

We would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and the friendliness of the staff. I apologize you had to be on the second floor and that we do not have an elevator.
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel, and we look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Nice for the price! I normally do not stay at hotels with outside access doors. But this one I felt safe and secure!

Dear Valued Guest:

Comfort, Quality and Price, have to be three of the most important things when traveling and THANK YOU for noticing we provide them all. It is so great to hear when a guest is happy and enjoyed the stay. I will share your comments with the team and we hope if you are in the area we will visit us again. Thank you for sharing.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Hotel is clean and check in was easy - the staff was pleasant. The bed was pretty hard and the sheets and bedspread were thin and did not feel inviting. The breakfast was very very limited- just cereal, muffins, biscuits and gravy, coffee and juices. There were no fruits or even bagels offered. We returned through Savannah on our way back but chose to bypass this hotel- just not comfortable enough for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Howard Johnson Brand. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our breakfast selection. You will be happy to know we are in the process of improving our selection on our breakfast menu. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I booked this hotel as a quick overnight place to sleep with very low expectation, you get what you pay for and I was completely okay with that. This turned out to be the worst experience I've ever had. Around 2am my husband and I heard some very noisy neighbors but chose to ignore it hoping they would fall asleep soon. This went on until 5am. The point that I called the front desk was when I heard screaming and arguing. Now I fully understand you cannot control who visits your hotel but you can control the way you respond to the situation. I called the front desk and explained the situation. The attendant did not once apologize and said she could do nothing for me because I didn't know what room it was coming from. She never apologized or offered a solution.she just went silent even after I asked if anyone else had said anything hoping to locate where it came from. I became incredibly afraid after I heard screams and loud thuds from above and I called the desk once again at 4am asking if I could be moved. Again no apology, just the response that the hotel is full and they can't move me.
I said I was worried about what was going on and she chose to ignore it and once again hung up. I admit I was wrong in not calling 911 but I was tired and disoriented from long travels and desperately wanted a night of sleep. This hotel did nothing and responded horribly to a situation where even a simple "I'm sorry il check on that for you" would have sufficed and made me feel better.

1  Thank Sek1804

Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to assure this issue does not re-occur in the future.

The Management team has been notified regarding this matter and are in the process of training the front desk staff the proper procedures to handle such situations moving forward.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Kind Regards,