“Great Experience”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah
Ranked #65 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had been in Savannah already a few days and had checked out of our hotel and decided at the last minute and I had not stayed at a RRbefore, travel mate had and had good luck at them. Well I must say it all was a great stay. The room was clean, staff check in and out were great! I did not get the clerk on duty at check in, and white male with dark hair. I have a small poodle and when we checked out, he was the center of attention, this I love. I must say I have a wonderful quiet little fella. He meets no stranger and everyone has to pet him. He eats it up too. I will stay again when in the area and recomment to other travelers.I was reading a post about pets, and I agree if I can't take my fella with me, I don't go. He went all over Savannah with us. I say this, I would rather see pets than bad kids any day. I have past on free cruise because my fella couldnt go. I had two and lost one about 2 years ago. My fella name is Groucho (after the comedia Grouch Marks, big eye brows) He is a comic too so named well, he is not a grouchy pup. Thanks the check in clerk, sorry cant remember name. Out was Eva and Tiffany.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bryan d
Eva_Bumpers, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest and Groucho,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We appreciate all your kind words.

We are pleased to know you have found your new home away from home! Keep in mind all Red Roof's are pet friendly, so where ever you go Groucho is sure to be able to follow.

We look forward to serving you again.

Thanks,
Eva and The Team at Red Roof Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed overnight at this Red Roof Inn while we were traveling out of state. The employees were extremely helpful and friendly. They always checked on us and even made a call to the room to see if everything was alright. The room was very comfortable and quiet. We liked it so much that we booked the same hotel on our return trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Terri U
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Good Afternoon:

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

The Team at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Over the past five or so years, my partner and I have traveled all over the US and have stayed mostly with Red Roof Inn (when available). I also travel with my furbaby, Shelby. If he cant stay, neither do we. I guarantee he's better behaved than any bratty kid. We have endured many challenging rooms along the way. This Inn BY FAR has been the nicest and best. Tiffany (New GSA) checked us is and was very sweet and professional. Matt was also very sweet and cute as a button. Eve also made the stay most enjoyable. We HIGHLY recommend this location when in the Savannah area. You wont be sorry.

Room Tip: we were on the third floor and were very comfortable.!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael M
Eva_Bumpers, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review about your stay with us at Red Roof Inn & Suites.

You guys were a pleasure to serve and Shelby put a smile on everyone's face.

Thank you for noticing all of our Team's hard work. We strive hard to leave a good impression on all of our guest.

We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks and Kindest Regards,
Eva Bumpers and the Team at Red Roof

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stopped here on the way to florida and back--great location for a driving break right off 95. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location to drive Savannah or Tybee Island. We will stay here again. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fleri

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are happy you choose to stay with us here at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway.

It's nice you were able to visit our Historic Down Town and our lovely Tybee Island during you visit to Savannah.

We look forward to serving you again real soon.

Best Regards,
Eva Bumpers and the Team at Red Roof

Reviewed October 29, 2013

For the fourth time this year we enjoyed, along with our well-behaved Redbone Hound "Jebidiah", the Red Roof Inn Savannah, GA. Nice location near Ruby Tuesdays and other eateries, good clean room and nice breakfast buffet plus superb staff who are serious about good service and Southern Hospitality.

Room Tip: We like top (third) floor towards end of building/away from front desk/entry location. Quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank FLORIDAFRANK868
Eva_Bumpers, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway. We appreciate your returning business. It's always a pleasure seeing we can make a home away from home for our guest.

Jebidiah is always a pleasure!

Thank you for making our Inn your place to be!

Kindest Regards,
Eva Bumpers

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place is a 3 at best. I give it 3 for the comfortable beds and nice desk person. The rooms were recently redone-painted and new faux hardwood floors. Seems like it was going to be ok. There were shady characters everywhere, which I know isn't the hotels fault... But! Based on the security cameras in the halls I'd day this is a regular occurrence. The walls are thin and there were doors slamming all night. I could hear the TV across the hall in my room. The breakfast was pretty pitiful. At 8 on a Saturday the best they had was some raisin bran. The biscuits were sitting out, no gravy on the table (empty) and a long line at the waffles. For the price I assumed there might be yogurt and fruit... Maybe some eggs? I won't stop here again. Good proximity to a few eating choices. I'll stop a little further along next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn & Suites for your lodging needs. Thank you also for noticing all the updates we have worked so hard on. We are pleased you were able to get fulfillment from our hard work.

Your review is greatly appreciated. We are excited when we hear the feedback from our guest, good or bad it is a powerful tool many travelers use when choosing a lodging destination. We will improve our breakfast menu to better satisfy and serve you.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
The Team At Red Roof Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is the 3rd time we stayed at this in and it is consistantly outstanding. Clean rooms, friendly staff and good ameneties. Highly recommend to anyone. Oh yes, they are very pet friendly at no charge.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you also for your loyalty in returning to our property. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,