“great value--super friendly staff”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah
Ranked #66 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stopped here on the way to florida and back--great location for a driving break right off 95. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location to drive Savannah or Tybee Island. We will stay here again. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fleri
Eva_Bumpers, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are happy you choose to stay with us here at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway.

It's nice you were able to visit our Historic Down Town and our lovely Tybee Island during you visit to Savannah.

We look forward to serving you again real soon.

Best Regards,
Eva Bumpers and the Team at Red Roof

Reviewed October 29, 2013

For the fourth time this year we enjoyed, along with our well-behaved Redbone Hound "Jebidiah", the Red Roof Inn Savannah, GA. Nice location near Ruby Tuesdays and other eateries, good clean room and nice breakfast buffet plus superb staff who are serious about good service and Southern Hospitality.

Room Tip: We like top (third) floor towards end of building/away from front desk/entry location. Quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank FLORIDAFRANK868
Eva_Bumpers, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway. We appreciate your returning business. It's always a pleasure seeing we can make a home away from home for our guest.

Jebidiah is always a pleasure!

Thank you for making our Inn your place to be!

Kindest Regards,
Eva Bumpers

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place is a 3 at best. I give it 3 for the comfortable beds and nice desk person. The rooms were recently redone-painted and new faux hardwood floors. Seems like it was going to be ok. There were shady characters everywhere, which I know isn't the hotels fault... But! Based on the security cameras in the halls I'd day this is a regular occurrence. The walls are thin and there were doors slamming all night. I could hear the TV across the hall in my room. The breakfast was pretty pitiful. At 8 on a Saturday the best they had was some raisin bran. The biscuits were sitting out, no gravy on the table (empty) and a long line at the waffles. For the price I assumed there might be yogurt and fruit... Maybe some eggs? I won't stop here again. Good proximity to a few eating choices. I'll stop a little further along next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn & Suites for your lodging needs. Thank you also for noticing all the updates we have worked so hard on. We are pleased you were able to get fulfillment from our hard work.

Your review is greatly appreciated. We are excited when we hear the feedback from our guest, good or bad it is a powerful tool many travelers use when choosing a lodging destination. We will improve our breakfast menu to better satisfy and serve you.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
The Team At Red Roof Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is the 3rd time we stayed at this in and it is consistantly outstanding. Clean rooms, friendly staff and good ameneties. Highly recommend to anyone. Oh yes, they are very pet friendly at no charge.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you also for your loyalty in returning to our property. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I prepaid for a king hot tub room 6 weeks in advance of my trip. I wanted to surprise my husband with the jacuzzi on our road trip. When I checked in and went down to the room, no hot tub. No problem I thought. They just made a mistake, no big deal. So I went back to the desk and told the front desk clerk that I had reserved a king hot tub suite. And he said to me "No you didn't." I was taken aback that he would basically accuse me of making things up. I would have preferred a response like "Really? Let me check the computer again." Luckily I had my confirmation email. No apology. Just here are the keys to the right room. I don't like it when I spend my money for something and then am told that I didn't and have to fight for what I paid for. The room itself was large and the hot tub was even better than I expected. Breakfast the next morning was pretty limited. Cereal, waffles, biscuits and gravy, toast and muffins. But it was good and the breakfast area was nice. The general manager, Eve was on duty when we checked out and she was really nice. Wish she had been the one to check us in.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nan555
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your check in process and our breakfast bar. I will personally take car of the issue you mentioned upon your check in process. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your loyalty and comments.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My brother has stayed here many times, & we have stayed here a few times together. The staff are always polite with smiles. The rooms are always clean & comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel. Good people, good rooms, continental breakfast, & conveniently located. We always sleep very well here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeannette W

Dear Valued Guest:

We love repeat guests !!!! Thank you for the great words about the hotel. When a guest comes back by choice we know we are doing it right. There are so many options today it really is about comfort and how you are treated. Our team is great and they enjoy what they do, that makes it easier.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Perfectly adequate hotel. Friendly staff, good breakfast, comfortable room. There was a street light in the parking lot that shined directly into our window at night and the staff waited several days before putting our postcards in the mail for us, but fine other than that. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay especially not getting your post cards in the mail sooner. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

The Team at the Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway