“Nice Room but problem with desk clerk”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah
Ranked #69 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I prepaid for a king hot tub room 6 weeks in advance of my trip. I wanted to surprise my husband with the jacuzzi on our road trip. When I checked in and went down to the room, no hot tub. No problem I thought. They just made a mistake, no big deal. So I went back to the desk and told the front desk clerk that I had reserved a king hot tub suite. And he said to me "No you didn't." I was taken aback that he would basically accuse me of making things up. I would have preferred a response like "Really? Let me check the computer again." Luckily I had my confirmation email. No apology. Just here are the keys to the right room. I don't like it when I spend my money for something and then am told that I didn't and have to fight for what I paid for. The room itself was large and the hot tub was even better than I expected. Breakfast the next morning was pretty limited. Cereal, waffles, biscuits and gravy, toast and muffins. But it was good and the breakfast area was nice. The general manager, Eve was on duty when we checked out and she was really nice. Wish she had been the one to check us in.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nan555
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your check in process and our breakfast bar. I will personally take car of the issue you mentioned upon your check in process. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your loyalty and comments.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My brother has stayed here many times, & we have stayed here a few times together. The staff are always polite with smiles. The rooms are always clean & comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel. Good people, good rooms, continental breakfast, & conveniently located. We always sleep very well here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeannette W

Dear Valued Guest:

We love repeat guests !!!! Thank you for the great words about the hotel. When a guest comes back by choice we know we are doing it right. There are so many options today it really is about comfort and how you are treated. Our team is great and they enjoy what they do, that makes it easier.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Perfectly adequate hotel. Friendly staff, good breakfast, comfortable room. There was a street light in the parking lot that shined directly into our window at night and the staff waited several days before putting our postcards in the mail for us, but fine other than that. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay especially not getting your post cards in the mail sooner. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

The Team at the Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed in Savannah over Labor Day weekend and found this Red Roof Inn to be very satisfactory. We love the updates that Red Roof has been doing, with the light colored hardwood floors - so much nicer than dark carpeting like most hotels have. We had a king bed room, and with it came the couch and the desk & work space. We like that the work area is roomy with the "L" shaped work desk. The room was large, clean and quiet. The front desk staff are very friendly and accommodating. This property has a pool, and although it is a small pool - it was still very refreshing after a hot day of sightseeing. The only down side was the breakfast. It's the typical hotel continental breakfast, but seemed to be lacking in that department. But there are plenty of places to eat around the hotel. This hotel is right off the interstate, and although it is not close to downtown Savannah, we took the interstates and it was only about a 20 minute drive. There is also an outlet mall at this exit. We will definitely stay here on any return trips to Savannah, or overnight stops when traveling.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dragonflymomma
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! You will be happy to know that we are in the process of improving our breakfast menu. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

The Team at The Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway

Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was a friend get away for Labor Day Holiday, I booked the room 2 weeks in advance. Upon walking in the door I was greeted with happy smiling faces. The staff was great an Kerrie was a doll. The breakfast was just enough to get you started and the area was clean and quite. I will tell all my friends and family to stay here on there visit to Savannah.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Angela K
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. I am glad we were a Good Part of your Labor Day Weekend. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Tiffany and Kevin,Dimple
They were outstanding help to me and my husband. We had problem with a walker and they went
Out of there way to help. Tiffany at the front desk told me if I have any problem to just ask for her
They help me tie a walker to roof of my car.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy you Tiffany, Kevin and Dimple were able to assist you with your walker. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

Kind Regards:
The Team at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah

Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was approaching midnight on a summer Friday night. We came from South Florida and we had been driving for about 8 hours. A nice woman named Dimple answered my phonecall from the expressway and advised she had rooms available at her RED ROOF INN. (I found the phone number on the Garmin-Nuvi GPS.)

Two (2) adults and two (2) children comprised our "Posse of Four" and we drove to the prescirbed GPS coordinates.

We arrived a short time later and Dimple, herself, checked us in and gave us room keys. Then a pair of tired kids and a pair of tired adults took a portion of the luggage from the car - just some overnight gear - to our 2nd floor room.

We made the most of the sleeping quarters - which were two very big beds and a small couch.

This overnight stay worked out just fine for us. We weren't going to stay beyond Noon the next day as we were on a schedule to get to our next stopping point in North Carolina - and we wanted to get there ahead of dinner time.

This RED ROOF INN had a CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST in the morning, but that title was somewhat misleading as there was not much to offer: 4 kinds of cereal and some muffins. If one wanted to take the extra time and effort, he or she could have made some waffles - but none of us opted for this. I guess some eggs and sausage would have been nice, but then this amenity would have made the stay less affordable than it was, I suppose.

There was cable TV in the room and the kids watched Spongebob Squarepants while they were waking up on Saturday morning.

We were advised the night before that checkout time was 11 AM, but Dimple assured us we could have until Noon to check out. Thanks. :)

This worked out well. We were a bit slow in getting on the road again.

Tiffany checked us out in the morning.

The two adults of the posse shared the cost of the $72 bill (after taxes, and after mililtary discount.)

Both Dimple and Tiffany were very pleasant and gave us good customer service.

I used the Free Internet downstairs (a single terminal that no one else was using) in the morning to send off an email to our party who was waiting to receive us in North Carolina.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

The Team at Red Roof Inn Savannah Gateway