“Fair room at a fair price”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah
Ranked #70 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
“Fair room at a fair price”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a flyer to receive a discounted rate for our room and were able to book it at the last minute as a walkup at the discount rate. I was very dissappointed that the desk clerk could not set up my rewards account at the desk. The flyer in the room said to sign up and get credit for that stay, but the Clerk only knew how to give me a card to fill out and mail in.

Room Tip: I was very dissappointed that the desk clerk could not set up my rewards account at the desk. The f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GM0541, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to offer your feedback to us regarding your stay with us at Red Roof Inn and Suites these are an invaluable sources for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our guests. I have taken your concerns and forwarded them to the appropriate department for review of guest satisfactory. Again thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Eva J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We were only here for one night and the hotel accepted a coupon, which made the price very competitive indeed. There was also no surcharge for it being a Friday, which the other hotels on this hotel strip had. The receptionist was very helpful and cordial, which is always a bonus. The room was large, clean and airy with good AC. We had the small pool to ourselves, which was a relaxing way to end a day off visiting downtown Savannah.

Breakfast was functional, but acceptable and all things considered, with restaurants within walking distance, we would stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM0541, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

I wish to thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with the service provided. We do thank you for sharing your feedback, these are an invaluable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our guests.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Red Roof Inn, in the near future.
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here a second time on a trip up north and despite the rooms being a little dated, the convenience of a Jacuzzi in the room... almost next to the bed.. is amazing. Its fun to get in the tub and relax with some bath salts or bubble bath and watch tv.
The place is secure, quiet and efficient. Also real close to I95.

Room Tip: If you wan to relax in the Jacuzzi room, book it and arrive early to enjoy the tub.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
GM0541, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, August 25, 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here even after seeing the review about the fleas. Even though we are not pet owners. I have always had a good expierence when staying with Red Roof so I decided to go for it. The staff was amazing making us feel at home. The room was nice with a cozy bed. The breakfast was a good touch so all and all I had a nice stay. I wiould recomend this hotel to anyone. It has some bad reviews but some people are just looking for something for free. I would have paid more than the low rate we were given.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is the most digusting hotel I have ever seen! The owner Mick Sheth deserves to have this hotel taken from him! We checked in 8.12.12 at 1:15AM and went up to our room (my wife, her sister, my mother, father and our bulldog) as we were resting our heads for a few hours while we traveled from Maryland to Florida. We were not in our room for 25 seconds before three of us noticed our legs had about 25-35 fleas on them. We ran to the bathroom immediately to wipe them off to come back and find our dog covered with about 200+- fleas!!! We were out of our room in less then 2 minutes and we could not get them off of us. We were offered another room in the hotel after that before I almost lost my mind and demanded our money back! My wife and mother went to a local Walmart while my father and I sat in the lobby picking each individual flea off of my puppy. It was mortifying seeing our dog covered in fleas as he laid there helplessly. We begged for a clean bathroom as we had to bathe our dog as soon as possible with flea shampoo, spray, powder and while using a comb. We ended up leaving the hotel at 3:30AM. The second worst part of this whole story is there was a huge pothole that was unavoidable on the way back from Walmart and our SUV suffered a sidewall flat tire meaning it had to be towed and it sits currently at a tow lot while my mother, wife and sister-in-law are paying for a hotel in Savannah to wait till the dealership can fix it on Monday. My father, my dog and I have had to continue me and my wife's move to Naples, Florida because of storage issues as well as our rental truck. This hotel is digusting and I beg you never to stay there!!! We have asked to be reimbursed $30 for all of the flea medicines, the cost of the surrounding hotel that my wife and company are sitting in right now, as well as our new tire cost because had we been given a room not infested with fleas none of this would have happened!!! The only thing we have heard from the owner Mick Sheth is that he was not happy that we dirtied up a bathroom and his cleaning crew had to clean it up the next day. I am still waiting for the coward to give me a call!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Valued Guest

We are in receipt of your complaint and would like to respond with sincerity. Red Roof Inn and Suites takes pride in our property with customer service ranked our number one priority.

We regret your experience was not suitable. We adhere to stringent customer service guidelines with emphasis on amenities, cleanliness and safety. Hosting a very large percent of repeat corporate and leisure clientele our reputation is one of quality, integrity and value.

I would like to address your concerns as best as I can. First, I would like to apologize for the flea issue you had while visiting our hotel. Our hotel is flea free. Although, upon your complaint we acted right away to treat the room that you were in. The rooms did not have any signs of fleas. We are truly sorry and did our best to accommodate you upon being informed of this situation. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We take your unfortunate situation seriously and we regret your dissatisfaction. We have taken your comments to heart and would like to take this time again to apologize sincerely. We would like the opportunity to accommodate you in the future and for you to experience a pleasurable stay with us.

Regards
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We cancelled our beloved Sleep Inn to stay here. My goodness, it is not in a good area, and beds were hard.

Site boasted that it was a NEW hotel, but we came to a hotel that was PARTIALLY renovated. We should have checked the reviews for this one. But, the website was so enticing with a happy hour and other free amenities.

We have learned our lesson, we will never stay ANYWHERE except hotels that rate well on Trip Advisor. Had we checked this site first, we would have realized we are worth more than two stars.

Beds were small, and room seemed tilted. I guess the floor wasn't leveled.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I do apologize you were not happy regarding your recent stay. I am the new general manager at the hotel and have been here just a few months. We as a team are making the changes the property needs for guest satisfaction. I hope you will consider us again if your are in Savannah Area.

Edgewater, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We paid for an updated room. I slept in my clothes on top of the bed. The beds were only knee high (I'm 5'2") and lumpy. The floor was bubbling vinyl. The air didn't work. The room was moldy.We tried putting on the heat to get rid of the odo rand were rewarded with smoke and a noxious smell that permeated the room. The tub had no stopper to take a bath. Only 2 thin towels. The breakfast ran out of most things within 45 minutes and were not replenished. People were allowed to walk in the dining area barefooted. It was disgusting!!!! When we went to check out, only one person spoke English and she was working the breakfast area. This was a horrible experience and when I contacted the corporate office, they offered no refund.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear you had some issues with your stay. It is our goal to make each guest's stay enjoyable and comfortable. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention for immediate correction. We take all our reviews seriously and hope you will still consider us for accommodations in the future. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely