“Great, clean room! Very friendly staff!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah
Ranked #73 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great, clean room! Very friendly staff!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Great room....clean....friendly staff....nice breakfast with waffles and biscuits and gravy, plus more.

• Stayed July 2012
GM0541, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

I wish to thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with the service provided. We do thank you for sharing your feedback, these are an invaluable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our guests.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Red Roof Inn, in the near future.
Best regards,
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This has to be one of the worse places I've ever stayed at. The air conditioning was poor, there were no plates at the complimentary breakfast, weak coffee- think they reused grounds, sour orange juice, no forks or spoons. When we ask the desk manager to help - she made a small effort to find some plates- finally handed us some coffee filters and told us to use these as plates! Played with the coffee maker and went back to the desk to read her book. We finally gave up and went out to breakfast. I will never stay in another Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your TripAdvisor review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. I’m very sorry that you had an uncomfortable temperature in your guest room and can assure you we’re rectifying this with our maintenance staff. The service you received at breakfast is definitely not typical and has been addressed with all front desk staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Manager

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Germantown
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We were on the way to FL and after being on the road for 10+ hours, and driving in bad weather conditions for several hours, we just needed to rest and find a bed to sleep in for a few hours. Hotel is a bit off the road but once we got inside, I was greeted with a warm smile, a friendly hello for it being almost 11:30 pm. We found our room to be decent, large king bed, not to comfortable of bed or pillows for my liking, but for just a few hours and a hot shower in the morning-well worth it. If we travel to FL again, I think we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words, sharing your experience with fellow Tripadvisor travelers. I'm happy we were able to meet all your expectations, and hope to welcome you at the Red Roof Inn and Suites again soon.

Warm regards,

Hotel Manager
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This place is Terrible. The box spring looked look they were pulled out of the dumpster. There were long black hairs in the bathroom floor. The handle in the shower had rust and scum build up. The carpet was sticky. My husband wouldn't take his shoes off. The transition strip between the sticky carpet and the hairy hardwood flooring was loose. There was a small dead bug in the bathroom floor. We got to this room about 11 pm after driving down 3 different exits trying to find a room. All hotels in the area were booked up due to a major golf event near by. There were only a few rooms left, so we took it ( not knowing the condition of the room)! Even after I booked the room there were more people coming in asking for rooms. I didn't say anything to the front desk clerk. There was no point. They weren't going to have house cleaning to come up and clean at midnight. We left as soon as we got enough sleep to keep driving to FL. I was able to get a free night certificate for complaining through the Website, but that's it. It's been two weeks since I have heard anything from the general manager. I think this point I am being ingored!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank zls04lcs01
GM0541, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you stay was less than satisfactory. I also apologize that you did not receive a response back from me. I would like to address your concerns that you mentioned. We are renovating the Inn replacing the mattress, box springs & bedding. We are projected to be complete with the renovations by Sept. We have a contracted pest control company that we have called and they have served the Inn. I have also spoken with my staff about the cleanliness of the room and will make sure we perform regular training and inspection going forward.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and if you are every in our area, please call me directly at 912-920-3535 and ask for the AGM.

Montreal
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Staff at reception was dedicated to good service.
Room was clean and bed was o.k.
Clerk recommended a good restaurant within walking distance
Breakfast was good

Room Tip: Any rooms are o.k.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MrTimothyMeansRRIFOD, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your positive comments with my front desk GSR's. Also, I will check into the condition of the bed and if it needs to be replaced we will do that ASAP.

I was happy to hear you like the restaurant down the street (I believe it was Houlihans) and it’s nice that you can walk to the restaurant too. We were excited that you liked the breakfast. We have worked very hard to make sure it’s what our guests enjoy.

Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again soon at our RRI.

Timothy & Amanda
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have an actual list of things that were horrible about this place. Unhelpful staff. Room was never cleaned when we checked in, or the second day. Bed sheets had small hairs everywhere. No towels in the room. There was a half-used bottle of shampoo on the toilet. Dead fruit flies in the tub.

Room Tip: Don't do it
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vacationer4Evers
GM0541, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I wish to thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn. I would like to apologize you were not satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We do thank you for sharing your feedback, these are an invaluable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our guests. I have taken your concerns and forwarded them to the appropriate department for review of guest satisfactory. Again thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Eva J
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I agree with the other reviewers about the cleanliness of this hotel. It was not good. When we walked into our room we were hit with the smell of animal, and the sheets felt greasy. The breakfast was awful, stale cereal and old tiny muffins. This hotel was cheap, and thats what we got. I would NOT recommend this hotel and will be paying extra to go somewhere else (plenty of choices at this exit).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family