“Yucky, not handicap friendly, nasty, sullen staff, rude management.”

Motel 6 Savannah - South
Ranked #96 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Vidalia GA
“Yucky, not handicap friendly, nasty, sullen staff, rude management.”
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Staff was on cell phone the entire time I was trying to check in and get service. Charged for two beds as I am handicapped and all accessible rooms at at least two beds. Rate on the sign was not honored. No one told me there was handicapped parking on the opposite side of the building not visible from the front of the hotel, and at the end of a long hall from the room. No towels in bathroom at all; no remote control for TV. Continental breakfast was coffee, stale mini muffins and cereal. Will not stay here again. Had tried it several times but it just got worse. Management was rude and abrupt. Customer service is not practiced here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed February 9, 2010

On Dec. 2, 2009 my husband, my parents and I were travelling from Ohio to Florida in pouring rain and pulling a U-Haul trailer. After 14 hours of driving and following each other, I chose to pull of on an exit that said there was a Microtel Inn. The address of this hotel was 45 Fort Argyle Rd., Savannah, GA. We were all so exhausted and stressed out, we checked into 2 rooms. When we went into the side door to use the stairs (because no one informed us of an elevator), we immediately noticed a pungeunt odor of cheap air freshner. We each went into our rooms and I immediately noticed the odor or cat urine when the a/c was turned on in my parents room. Since my mother has a permanent trachea for life and a lung disease, I said are you sure you want to stay in this room? My parents are christians and don't like to complain, so they accepted it. When I went to my room, I did not notice the odor, but when my exhausted husband turned back the bed, there were long black hairs on the sheets!! I called the front desk and request new sheets but they said I would have to change rooms due to Housekeeping being off duty. So, we changed rooms. The bathroom was dirty, there was no clock/alarm (there was in the other rooms eventhough the front desk said they don't provide them). When i did turn on our a/c we got the same cat urine odor mixed with a sickening cheap air deodorizer! the next day my mother informed me when she moved the pillows in the window seat area before going to bed, there was BLACK MOLD running all the way down the wall!!!....just what someone needs with a lung disease. I wrote emails to headquarters about our rooms. Long story short, they offered me 50% refund and my parents $15 refund.....Figure that one out. I will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Sunbury, Ohio
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Do not stay here!!! The room was dirty, we questioned if the towels had been washed, We had asked for a recommended pizza place the girl at the desk was no help what so ever, so we ended up at a pizza shop that was more of a pool hall than a restaurant. We felt very uncomfortable in this neighborhood and hotel. It was late and we were tired otherwise we would not have stayed. We have stayed in other Microtel hotels that have been nice.We felt mislead when we found out it was independently owned. BEWARE!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SunburyTravelers
Tennessee
Reviewed May 8, 2008

This is the absolute worst motel I have ever stayed in! We were heading to Ft Lauderdale for a cruise and didn't book a room on the way down--it was late and this was only place with rooms! I see why! It was 1 am when we got there and too late to just leave--it was my husband and 2 girls in one room and my sister and her daughter and hubsand in the other. I had non smoking but it was horrible smoke smell. The bathroom was just plain gross! Brown and black grit and grime on sink and tub!! The sheets had black stains on them! The window seats were lined with cushions which had white stains on them--I slept in my clothes and on top the bedspread--I barely could rest and finally at 5:50 am I told my gang to get up let's get out of here--I couldn't stand it another second--I went to wake my sister up next door to tell her we had to leave and she was already ready and getting ready to come tell me the same. This was the worst of the worst. To beat it all it was $85 to stay here!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank mckensmom
Lower Slower Delaware
Reviewed April 15, 2007

The motel looks good on the outside but inside it was nasty. The room was nasty and somewhat wornout. There were hairs on the sheets of the bed. The clerk was not very friendly. I went down and asked for more towels and was told to go in the laundry room and get what I wanted. Had it not been so late we would have went to another motel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jsejme3
newport news va
Reviewed August 7, 2005

Stayed there because of location and price. Had heard that most of the hotels in this brand were supposed to be pretty good.
The hotel was just off I95. The hotel front desk clerk was very nice. Check in was quick.
The room was basic and clean. It had a seat by the window which was nice. The only strange thing was that one of the walls behind the bed was covered in mirrors. Kind of not needed in a hotel room. Other than that the location is good and the hotel is a good buy.
In the morning they had a cont. breakfast but the room is very small and they ran out of a lot of stuff early.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank lindabNewportNewsVa
Northampton,England
Reviewed January 28, 2005

Had a booking at the Days Inn I95 gateway but this had closed down so we stayed at the Microtel.
Ended up with a suite as this was all that was available. Room clean and comfortable. Reasonably good free breakfast. Enjoyed the indoor hot tub & swimming pool.
Convenient overnight stop on way to Florida.

1 Thank njknh