“not so bad”

Ranked #95 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Roanoke
“not so bad”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

first room,bed not made,sheets piled on top of bed,just a mistake.Second room ,a nice room.
Tryed to stay a second time on my return trip,for same rate ,showed reciept.No way!This is a good location and i may try it again.Many choices for motels and resturants.

Room Tip: good exit,lots of choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
little river, sc
Reviewed July 31, 2012

First room was still nasty..cockroaches crawling around..bathroom wouldn't even use for any reason. Had mold and omg earwigs crawling around in it...Changed rooms and gave us a suite and charged more.....second rooms holes burnt all over the place ...bed all I could feel was springs and let's not even start on3 the phone I had to personally disconnect and take down stairs after calling down telling them it wasn't allowing incoming calls..well of course not when you picked it up and the insides rattled. 2 Towels and 3 people..figure that one out..only coded our key for one day not 2 ..that was a hassle finding out when you have your arms full.

Outside patrons in the parking lot was scary and the maintenance there is a laugh even my 15 yr old daughter knew things needed bad repairs or was repaired wrong. The elevator didn't even has a last inspection posted in it and you could hear the cables. Third floor is no fun with stairs. Paid $50 a night and could have went on priceline and got waterfront for 85....people save the headache and pay the few extra bucks..it's well worth it for safety and sanitary reasons.

Room Tip: avoid all of them go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gizmical
Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Like everyone else is saying I walked into the room and it had a horrible odor. I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to figure out where the smell was coming from and settled with the idea that maybe it was in the carpet. After spending that long searching for the smell, I just sprayed the room with Febreze to mask the odor which only helped for a couple hours and the smell came back. The room needed a GOOD cleaning. It looked like no one had dusted or vacuumed the room in a while which was disappointing since going on a trip you are expecting the place to be at least clean when you walk into the room. Also the jacuzzi and pool looked like it needed to be clean at least once a day because I was swimming and found hair and other debris in the pool. However with the customer service, the ladies at the front desk were quite nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ridgeville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Pitiful and depressing! Filthy! Should have turned right around after entering the room, but gave the benefit of the doubt. The room had a horrible odor...when your four year old says this room sticks, we need spray and the only thing close enough to spray in my possession was hair spray -didn't work!!! We left for dinner and upon entering the room, roaches were crawling on the mirrors behind the beds. No mirrors on the ceiling and definitely no pink champaigne on ice!! Decided to pull the bed covers back...not good and will leave it at that. Sheets had not been changed...use your imagination!! Very run down place - my husband said "no can do" - packed up and took the 2 hour drive home. I will say the manager who was not working on the day we checked in called and apologized and reversed our charge. The staff that we were dealing with lacks!!! This place needs a complete make-over!! But there is the old saying "you get what you pay for" - however, if I paid $10 for the room, it should have been clean...it is a public facility. Health department needs to shut it down!

Room Tip: don't choose a room - keep on truckin'!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rharley883
Walterboro, South Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The customer service is very poor. The staff is rude...very low life. I'm not sure what's going on, but I didn't understand the $20 tax on a $99 room. I did not get an answer...just rudeness. Beware.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BobbJ1999
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here for ten nights now. Wonderful people, great rate for room and have made us feel at home here. Housekeepers are very nice and do great job. Thank You to all that have made us feel comfortable here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tamra c
East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel the staff was wonderful and helpful.Renee helped us with a medical emergency by obtaining phone numbers and providing directions.She was always professional and pleasant .Elaine was sweet and D'Anthony always had breakfast ready for some early risers and offering the USA paper to read.
Our room was clean, the bathroom was large and cleaned everyday The cleanning staff was always willing to be of assistance .Our linens were changed daily .The pool and hot tub was a wonderful experience after traveling all day.
I would travel to this hotel again and tell my friends of my experience,

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family