“Horrible..Beyond Words”

Motel 6 Savannah - South
Ranked #100 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed July 31, 2012

First room was still nasty..cockroaches crawling around..bathroom wouldn't even use for any reason. Had mold and omg earwigs crawling around in it...Changed rooms and gave us a suite and charged more.....second rooms holes burnt all over the place ...bed all I could feel was springs and let's not even start on3 the phone I had to personally disconnect and take down stairs after calling down telling them it wasn't allowing incoming calls..well of course not when you picked it up and the insides rattled. 2 Towels and 3 people..figure that one out..only coded our key for one day not 2 ..that was a hassle finding out when you have your arms full.

Outside patrons in the parking lot was scary and the maintenance there is a laugh even my 15 yr old daughter knew things needed bad repairs or was repaired wrong. The elevator didn't even has a last inspection posted in it and you could hear the cables. Third floor is no fun with stairs. Paid $50 a night and could have went on priceline and got waterfront for 85....people save the headache and pay the few extra bucks..it's well worth it for safety and sanitary reasons.

Room Tip: avoid all of them go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gizmical

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Like everyone else is saying I walked into the room and it had a horrible odor. I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to figure out where the smell was coming from and settled with the idea that maybe it was in the carpet. After spending that long searching for the smell, I just sprayed the room with Febreze to mask the odor which only helped for a couple hours and the smell came back. The room needed a GOOD cleaning. It looked like no one had dusted or vacuumed the room in a while which was disappointing since going on a trip you are expecting the place to be at least clean when you walk into the room. Also the jacuzzi and pool looked like it needed to be clean at least once a day because I was swimming and found hair and other debris in the pool. However with the customer service, the ladies at the front desk were quite nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Pitiful and depressing! Filthy! Should have turned right around after entering the room, but gave the benefit of the doubt. The room had a horrible odor...when your four year old says this room sticks, we need spray and the only thing close enough to spray in my possession was hair spray -didn't work!!! We left for dinner and upon entering the room, roaches were crawling on the mirrors behind the beds. No mirrors on the ceiling and definitely no pink champaigne on ice!! Decided to pull the bed covers back...not good and will leave it at that. Sheets had not been changed...use your imagination!! Very run down place - my husband said "no can do" - packed up and took the 2 hour drive home. I will say the manager who was not working on the day we checked in called and apologized and reversed our charge. The staff that we were dealing with lacks!!! This place needs a complete make-over!! But there is the old saying "you get what you pay for" - however, if I paid $10 for the room, it should have been clean...it is a public facility. Health department needs to shut it down!

Room Tip: don't choose a room - keep on truckin'!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rharley883
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The customer service is very poor. The staff is rude...very low life. I'm not sure what's going on, but I didn't understand the $20 tax on a $99 room. I did not get an answer...just rudeness. Beware.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BobbJ1999
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here for ten nights now. Wonderful people, great rate for room and have made us feel at home here. Housekeepers are very nice and do great job. Thank You to all that have made us feel comfortable here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tamra c
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel the staff was wonderful and helpful.Renee helped us with a medical emergency by obtaining phone numbers and providing directions.She was always professional and pleasant .Elaine was sweet and D'Anthony always had breakfast ready for some early risers and offering the USA paper to read.
Our room was clean, the bathroom was large and cleaned everyday The cleanning staff was always willing to be of assistance .Our linens were changed daily .The pool and hot tub was a wonderful experience after traveling all day.
I would travel to this hotel again and tell my friends of my experience,

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank betty l
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Wheni arrived at the microtel i asked to see a one queen, and a queen suite... The first thing i noticed about the motel was the staffs attitude.. She quickly gave me a key to both rooms, didnt even point me in the direction... She was rude, i wanted to say something but im pretty sure we would have been arguing so i saved my breath. upon viewing the room there was this stink odor the air... Im thinking it will go away.. It smell like old body odor urine and smoke.. omg Horrible.. Anyway as i entered the room it looked very nice until i discovered hair all over the bathroom floor.. stains on sheet set Smelled mold.. i thought to myself maybe its just this room which was the queen suite...Do not stay here!!!!!!!!I Went to view the standard queen and all i can say is the room was worn out ghetto... anyway i ended up getting a double non smoking which wasnt better i only got the room was bc i traveled by myself for almost 17 from up north(no im not from the north) hours trying to iget back to florida.. I met Ray the BOSS.. Before he left and i would and can say this,The staff are so friendly when ray is around but when he leaves they are so rude!!! everyone of them...... i dont want to call any names but the older and younger females and male.. its like a rub off they feed off each others energy lol omg never again!!!Oh and the breakfast was slimy who eats hard bagels and the milk taste eww no wouldnt ever recommend this hotel tear it down you know what when i came to this hotel in 2010 there was a young lady by the name of Tiffany i would never forget her she was sooooo friendly and i can tell her hospitatlity was genuine i wasnt even from savannah i didnt stay at the hotel then i stayed at the laquinta, she was getting off of work and she help me out , she didnt even have too she was very nice she showed me where laquinta was she told me about downtown, she offered to send a cab at the hotel i was going to stay in,sheeven gave me the hotel number just in case i needed any additional info about the area. even tho i wasnt staying at that one you cant find to many people like that genuine and nice thats another main reason i went back bc I thought Tiffany would be there........The best thing about this hotel was the T.v in the lobby and oh yeah the smell lives there. Stacy 36,Fla

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if the hotel is independtly owned
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business