“wonderful people”

Motel 6 Savannah - South
Ranked #100 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here for ten nights now. Wonderful people, great rate for room and have made us feel at home here. Housekeepers are very nice and do great job. Thank You to all that have made us feel comfortable here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tamra c

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel the staff was wonderful and helpful.Renee helped us with a medical emergency by obtaining phone numbers and providing directions.She was always professional and pleasant .Elaine was sweet and D'Anthony always had breakfast ready for some early risers and offering the USA paper to read.
Our room was clean, the bathroom was large and cleaned everyday The cleanning staff was always willing to be of assistance .Our linens were changed daily .The pool and hot tub was a wonderful experience after traveling all day.
I would travel to this hotel again and tell my friends of my experience,

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank betty l
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Wheni arrived at the microtel i asked to see a one queen, and a queen suite... The first thing i noticed about the motel was the staffs attitude.. She quickly gave me a key to both rooms, didnt even point me in the direction... She was rude, i wanted to say something but im pretty sure we would have been arguing so i saved my breath. upon viewing the room there was this stink odor the air... Im thinking it will go away.. It smell like old body odor urine and smoke.. omg Horrible.. Anyway as i entered the room it looked very nice until i discovered hair all over the bathroom floor.. stains on sheet set Smelled mold.. i thought to myself maybe its just this room which was the queen suite...Do not stay here!!!!!!!!I Went to view the standard queen and all i can say is the room was worn out ghetto... anyway i ended up getting a double non smoking which wasnt better i only got the room was bc i traveled by myself for almost 17 from up north(no im not from the north) hours trying to iget back to florida.. I met Ray the BOSS.. Before he left and i would and can say this,The staff are so friendly when ray is around but when he leaves they are so rude!!! everyone of them...... i dont want to call any names but the older and younger females and male.. its like a rub off they feed off each others energy lol omg never again!!!Oh and the breakfast was slimy who eats hard bagels and the milk taste eww no wouldnt ever recommend this hotel tear it down you know what when i came to this hotel in 2010 there was a young lady by the name of Tiffany i would never forget her she was sooooo friendly and i can tell her hospitatlity was genuine i wasnt even from savannah i didnt stay at the hotel then i stayed at the laquinta, she was getting off of work and she help me out , she didnt even have too she was very nice she showed me where laquinta was she told me about downtown, she offered to send a cab at the hotel i was going to stay in,sheeven gave me the hotel number just in case i needed any additional info about the area. even tho i wasnt staying at that one you cant find to many people like that genuine and nice thats another main reason i went back bc I thought Tiffany would be there........The best thing about this hotel was the T.v in the lobby and oh yeah the smell lives there. Stacy 36,Fla

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if the hotel is independtly owned
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Stacy M
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Upon entering the lobby, the first thing we noticed was a strange smell. Didn't really smell like anything I recognized but wasn't pleasant at all. Within 15 minutes of being in our room, I spotted the first of several cockroaches in the restroom. The shower curtain wouldn't stay closed in the bathroom due to the curtain rod being hung crooked so that the hooks slid down from the end. The bathroom fixtures were rusty. The air coming from the AC unit had a strange smell to it. It do cool quite well though. That is probably the only positive thing I can say about this place. The indoor pool room was nice but extrememly hot and humid unless you opened all the doors and windows. There was no iron in the closet but I was told by the front desk that I could come down and get one if I wanted it. The garbage was not taken out of the room during our stay. They did make the beds though. All in all, I was very unhappy with the stay and would not recommend to anyone unless your primary concerns are good AC and someone to make your bed for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed there 5 nights with a tour from Rhode Island. I thought the motel was decent. The
rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels, etc. The hairdryer did not work spoke to the
desk clerk A.M. A new one was in the room that evening. The continental breakfast was very
good every day, good variety. Can't say enough nice things about Renee and how accommodating she was.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GinnySeekonk
Reviewed April 8, 2012

When I arrived the front clerk working was Renee. She was very nice and helpful to me. I told her I was traveling alone for the first time. She made me feel comfortable. My room was perfect. It had everything I needed. I also used the exercise room , which was nice. I asked Renee about shopping. Her directions were very accurate. Nice mall about ten minutes away. Also Walmart and Target down the street. And several restaurants. I went to see my daughter in Fort Gordon for a couple of days. On the way back to South Florida I got a late start. So I called the hotel and asked for a room. My good luck and Renee was working! She had a room for me! When I got there she gave me the same room I has a couple of nights before, so I would be famaliar with everything! I am a retail manager so when I see good customer service I have to tell someone. I would stay here again when traveling through Savannah.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank myputters
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I am enjoying my stay here at this microtel and I would recommend this hotel to my friends especially if they don't want to spend alot of money on a hotel room. The staff here is very nice and friendly to me. Towels are clean and you can smell the cleaniest of the rooms when they are done with them. The pool and spa area is a good way to unwind especially if you had hard day at work or just got done with a vigurious workout.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple