“Great value, Great quality”

Comfort Inn Midtown
Ranked #44 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed December 17, 2010

The hotel is older but they do a wonderful job at keeping it nice and clean. My Hubby and I usually opt for a nice Holiday Inn; however, we had to accommodate for the rest of the family this time and the price was right. The rooms are very spacious and comfy. The breakfast was good and the hotel is located near Abercorn St in which you can take downtown.

Directly across from the hotel is a shopping center that includes TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's located in a very good place with a plethora of eateries.

Book online for a better discount. I booked 3 rooms. King: $59.99
Double:$ 69.99. King Deluxe $79.99.
I received an email confirmation for each room and check-in was a breeze. No problems.

If you want an affordable, clean, nice, family- oriented hotel, stay here. It's a really nice southern charm experience. My only regret is not meeting the manager/owner...seems to be very nice and care about the service they provide to their guests.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ldjamison

Reviewed December 15, 2010

Twice in the past year, multiple members of our extended family have gathered in Savannah due to the deaths of loved ones. Many of our family stayed at Oglethorpe Inn each time. It is comfortable, clean, convenient, and I can't say enough about the very accommodating staff. The manager, Mr. Anderson, is very interested in being sure his guests' needs are met. I love the interior courtyard, and the continental breakfast was plentiful. Thank you to Oglethorpe Inn & Suites management and staff for making a difficult time as easy as it could be. I can't wait to return for a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Great Value. A good location for activities at Hunter AFB, and a short drive to the historic district. Complimentary breakfast was good, very pleasant lobby, cleanliness was good. The suite was roomy and comfortable. All of the front desk personnel were friendly, professional, accommodating, and responsive. One was outstanding with over-the-top friendliness and helpfulness. The only real negative regarding the facility was the air conditioner blowing right onto one of the beds. Plenty of free parking. Trolley at the door for downtown historic area. Was really nice having access to the two computers in the lobby. If luxury accommodations is a traverlers goal, this is not the place, but we liked the place and the value. B. Smith, San Antonio

Reviewed November 3, 2010

We enjoy staying at the Oglethorpe Inn anytime we need to be in Savannah, for business or leisure. This inn is tucked into a good, quiet & safe location with free parking, which you do not get downtown. And we always have a good night's sleep in this location! The Suites are very big and are always very clean for the reasonable price. Some other important things to consider, are that there are many restaurants, supermarkets and attractions near by without being in the busy river scene. I would highly recommend this hotel/inn and you can not beat the beautiful atrium lobby! Thanks for the excellent service that we always receive!! See you soon!

Reviewed November 2, 2010

This is a fabulous mid range hotel- decor is old South and impecabble. Very airy and gentle atmosphere. Upkeep is tremendous.. Hotel has been around for a while but owners do their best to have modern amenities without clashing with the classic decor.

I would not stay anywhere else in Savannah, like it that much!!!!

Reviewed October 27, 2010

This place is great. Just walked in from dinner and at a table in the atrium area (breakfast area) a group of four at a table playing dominoes. Upstairs second level people are sitting on the landing in a lounge area overlooking the atrium and I am on one of the two computers. The suite is great, a living room and a bedroom. The staff is really helpful and kind. We got the package (which was cheaper) that came with a free trolly ride through the downtown of Savannah. It was great. My husband is up all comfy getting ready to watch the world series. I really can't say how much we have enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I was taking my northern in laws on an "old south tour".We started in Columbia SC then to Savannah.Based on what I read in this review I chose the Oglethorp. I could not have chosen better.The family loved it ,from the spanish moss, to the New Orleans styled interior.
There are more apt descriptions than mine,but i will say if they are good they are true.
About 2 in the morning the night we arived I was laid low by a horrendous bout with kidney stones.
The staff was as would be expected,very helpfull and diricted us to the nearby hospital.
I returned at daybreak and flying on Morphine and I think I must have eaten half the breakfast buffet.
The family loaded me into the car and we went home.
When I came out of my stupor I round out they had not charged us a dime fot the night.
Thank you Glenn and your entire staff for a class act all around. Burke Hicks.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family