“Perfect for us!”

Ranked #42 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
South Point, OH
“Perfect for us!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2006

We stayed here the weekend of 11/11/2006. It was perfect for us! We visited historic downtown, Tybee Island, and Bass Pro Shops. This hotel was in a perfect location. Nice area. Very clean. Has a French Quarter look and feel. Staff was very friendly and accomodating to our needs. The wireless internet was very good as well.

• Liked — Clean, nice area, central location.
  • Disliked — Need bigger TV.
  • Tips/Secrets — Get your day started early, there is lots to see here!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank bub97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2006

My family and I stayed for 2 nights starting on the 23rd. The clerk was very pleasant when we checked in and we were given a nice room. Everything was very clean and the room was spacious. The clerks on all shifts while we were there, were very helpful with general questions and directions. I needed an extra pillow and blanket during our stay and it was delivered within a few minutes of me leaving the desk. The pool and the atrium was kept very clean and for those who have complained about the continental breakfast, it was free. There were enough choices for everyone. If you want a more extensive breakfast, go out to eat. Simple as that. We paid a little under a $100 a night with AAA, most other places were a lot more expensive. The rate was very good considering it is season and you are somewhat in a tourist town. My family had a great experience and are already planning our trip in the fall to stay there.

3 Thank coltsmom
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2006

My family and I stayed here while on a trip. The rooms are VERY outdated and floors are nasty. We always kept our shoes on even in the shower. Bathroom could use a thorough cleaning! The shower is horrible. It took forever to rinse off. The staff rarely spoke when exiting and entering the building which was not very welcoming. The free breakfast was nothing special. We only ate it once and ate out the rest of the time. This was our first and last time at this particular place. I was disappointed! For $100 a night, I was expecting a little better than this.

3 Thank awnday
Barnesville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2006

I have seen the reviews here that say that the hotel was not clean... but those reviews are old. I took a group and had 10 rooms and we were all satisfied with the cleanliness. Yes, the decor in the rooms is a little dated, but the hotel itself had atmosphere! All interior access rooms with a common area that is open from the bottom floor to the ceiling. I brought a group of teens, and I could step outside my room on the third floor and see who was walking around in the lobby or any other floor. The lobby/breakfast/coffee area was very nice (all open, no rooms), with gardens, patio-style furniture, etc. The price was right, too. We enjoyed this place.

2 Thank fbcpraise .
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2005

Not the best place to stay but it was okay. Rooms are dated but decent.

Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank mitchmurr
Florence, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2004

Stayed at this place last year (july 2003) for one night while visting Savannah with my family. Stayed there cuz of the price, will not do so again. We had to get three rooms before we found one that was acceptable. When I say acceptable, I mean barely acceptable. This place is dirty and dated. It's a shame because the inside courtyard is quite pretty, but the rooms were awful. Couches has so many stains on them, that I wouldn't let my daughter sit on them. Stay Away, you've been warned.

• Stayed July 2003
7 Thank jblust
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2004

rented rooms through Expedia for sturday night april 17. arrived saturday morning and was told that yes, they had our reservation, but checkout time was at 11:00am, and could not check in until 3:00 Pm. Returned at 3:00 PM, was told that rooms were still not cleaned, and that to get something to eat and should be ready when we returned. got something to eat, returned, and was again told that roomes were not ready, would be several more minutes. we questioned how long the rooms were held, and, since they had already been paid for (about a month) were guaranteed for all night. We went to Tybee Island, returned and surprise of surprises, was told that they only had one room, with one bed. there was 4 of us there, not too easy to sleep 4 in one bed. the lady clerk, named sheryl jean, was nasty and terribly rude, when we questioned her about this. She refused to accept any blame, saying it was the other clerk, that he had overbooked. I questioned did they rent rooms after we had came and attempted to get our rooms, and was told yes, but, the rooms reserved for us had a lady staying in one, and, when they checked on it, found that she had reserved her room for 2 nights. (shoddy record keeping). They rented rooms to other people even after finding this out, one room which should have gone to us, before being rented to someone else. She informed us that it was not the motel's problem, that the rooms had been rented through Expedia (rooms had been rented a month), and that the motel would not accept any bklame for this snafu, that to take it up with Expedia. Expoedia tried to talk to this woman, but it was useless. Finally, expedia refunded the money to our card and told us we were on our own. We finally found roolms in Pembrook, Ga at the Inns of Pembrook. What do I think of Masters Inn Suites, Savannah, Georgia. I cannot in all good conscience, recommend anyone to stay there, and am probably going to sue this Motel chain for the misstreatment we received there. I cannot also recommend using Expedia's service either. Masters Inn Suites shoddy treatment will be told to all people I can tell it to, and the people working in Savannah should be fired and the Inn closed, if this is the way they treat people. I give it a minus 10. Thank you for giving me this minute.

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member