“Spacious rooms and a an interior courtyard ambiance. Great value.”

Comfort Inn Midtown
Ranked #42 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Pine Beach, New Jersey
“Spacious rooms and a an interior courtyard ambiance. Great value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Oglethorpe appears to be an older hotel that was tastefully renovated. It has a certain Savannah charm. Our room was a king standard and it was very large and comfortable with a separate sitting/TV area with a desk. Water pressure and temperature were very good. Bed was very comfortable. Yes, as somebody mentioned before, the ac unit is loud and since it goes on and off it is hard to become accustomed to it. But that is the only thing I can say that is remotely negative. The Oglethorpe is located in the mid-town area, only a short 15 minute drive to the Historic District. In season, the Trolley Tour car stops right by the hotel a couple of times each day. Breakfast is in the downstairs courtyard with its wrought iron railings and lovely plants and fountain. The quaint charm puts this hotel just above a typical Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn. And the price is a quarter to half what you would pay at most of the major hotels in the Historic District itself. Several restaurants nearby within short driving distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com for around $80 per night and we stayed here for 4 nights. The location was very convenient and has many shopping areas around it. Only takes 10 minutes to get to downtown. The only down side to this place is that it is on a landing path for some airport. So at certain times you could here planes coming in close for a landing! But it was not enough to dampen our stay! The room was very nice and bed very comfortable!

• Stayed March 2013
Evans, Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here only one night in Feburary. It was on Wednesday night, so the hotel was very quite. I had heard one of the maids make a comment in the morning that there had only been 31 rooms rented the night before, and that would explained how quite and uncrowded the breakfast bar was in the morning. We had a room right across from the elevator, which I do not like usually, but for that night it was fine. Our room had a seperate living area and bedroom, but there was not a door seperating the two. The living area was nice and large with a couch, chair, and desk. Had free WI FI. We found it the room clean, and bedding comfortable. The tv was in a very strange location, it was sat between the bedroom and living room, but it was fixed to the desk and you could not turn it toward the couch and therefore it could not be watched from the living area, only the bedroom. The towels were clean but not soft, and it took over 5 minutes for the water to get hot in the shower. The breakfast was adequate and plently of fresh coffee. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was OK, easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
graSavannah, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I want to thank our guest for sharing their comments with us. Our goal is 100% satisfaction and we strive to make every guest stay enjoyable in EVERY aspect. I am sorry that we missed the mark this time. I will work to ensure the issues that were described do not occur again and know that we take full responsibility for any missteps!!

As General Manager of Oglethorpe Inn & Suites, I assure you that I take all guest feedback very seriously. I am sincerely sorry that we failed in providing our guest with an exceptional experience. While we earnestly strive to meet every guest expectation, we have, unfortunately, fallen short of our goal during their visit.

Please be assured that I review each guest concerns, this week we are in process of ongoing training procedures with all staff and we are working on “Attention to Detail”.

It is my sincere hope that we will be given an occasion to serve the guest again in the future, so that we may have an opportunity to correct our mistake and provide them with an unmatched Savannah experience
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is very attractive and convenient. It fits the architecture of Savannah. It is not in the "historic" district, but close to it. A good value with excellent rooms and facilities. Our room had two rooms, with a sitting room, bathroom and bedroom with a comfortable king sized bed.

Room Tip: Our room was a two room suite, but I think most of them are.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

An older property that has been freshened. Very nice staff. Continental breakfast was fine. The room was very large and a good value. On the downside, the whole place good use a really good cleaning. The location was convenient to downtown and to restaurants in the area. A bit of a drive to the historic area, but really not too bad.

Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We recently spent two nights at this inn. Because I didn't book the room, I was just expecting a typical hotel. But I was immediately & pleasantly surprised by the greenery, fountain and glass dome as I entered the lobby.

Another surprise was the simple and modern decor. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of our suite prior to us spreading our luggage everywhere. But our suite had lovely white bedding, not the polyester quilts with huge floral patterns seen on the pictures posted.

The staff was very friendly and our suite was a great size. The 32" tv was easily viewed in both the sitting area and the bedroom. There's plenty of lighting and outlets for charging gadgets. There's also ample counter space by the bathroom sink and in the area where the coffee maker, microwave and fridge are kept. We stayed on the third floor and could occasionally hear voices rising from the lobby if they spoke loudly, but it really wasn't that bad.

My only complaint about our room was the appearance of the bathroom. I like to see shiny chrome and tiles in the shower. The bath mat and heavy duty plastic shower curtain looked dingy and old.

If in Savannah, I would love to stay here again. I enjoyed the simple uniqueness of the inn and its proximity to shopping areas and restaurants.

Mandeville, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been staying at this small inn for many years and have not written reviews for fear others would find out about this place and room availability would become scarce when I want to visit Savannah. This is a quaint little hotel located in a convenient but quiet area of "South-side" Savannah, near Hunter Army Air Field, and only a 10 minute drive to downtown via the Truman Parkway. I only rated "location" a 4 because, although I like the location, I know many people would not think a "south-side," suburban, location is ideal when compared to the downtown Historic District.

The cost/value is unbeatable anywhere in Savannah. All rooms are suites with separate living room and sleeping areas. It is not a new hotel, but the rooms are clean, well-maintained, and comfortable. I was surprised on my recent visit that the bedding had been upgraded, including new mattresses, making for a very comfortable night's sleep. The free breakfast is more than just cinnamon buns, muffins and juice---there's fresh fruit, boiled eggs, sausage biscuits, fresh waffles, cereals, etc., and fresh coffee 24/7. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Check-in/Check-out is quick and efficient. The free WI-fi is a plus. Several large shopping centers with national chain and locally-owned stores are only a few blocks away. Restaurants of all varieties abound in the area.

I have stayed in several of the more upscale downtown Savannah hotels. They are very nice and well-located, but the inconvenience of valet parking, the sky-high room prices, and overall comparative value of those establishments keep me coming back to the Oglethorpe Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family