Comfort Inn Midtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,004 results
All reviewsglass elevatorhistoric districtsitting areacontinental breakfastan older hotelboiled eggsyogurtrooms are largeshort drivestay there againcharming hoteltybee islandsouthern charmfridge and microwaveshopping and restaurantsthe breakfast areawaffle maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Found this hotel on the internet and booked based on other's reviews. Very happy I did. It was a pleasant surprise and a great value for the money. I booked the two room suite as I was traveling with my adult son who sometimes likes to stay up later than I do and I wanted to be able to sleep at night without a TV keeping me awake as I had to do all the driving - we live in PA and were on our way to FL for a funeral. I found the bed to be extremely comfortable and even my son had a great night's sleep on the sofa sleeper. Our only issues with the room was the toilet, which did not always flush properly and we could not log into the wireless service. Not sure if the wireless issue was the location of the room or something else, but it wasn't a big deal as we were there for only one night. Overall, the hotel was great and the price I paid for a two room suite was phenomenal. The staff was very friendly and offered great advice when we asked about area restaurants for dinner. I would definitely stay here again if I found myself in Savannah. The only thing that keeps me from giving it 5 stars is its location - it was in an area that seemed a bit commercial to me - there were strip malls everywhere.

Room Tip: Two room suites have a TV in both the bedrom and living area as well as separate air conditioners.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place looks great on the internet, and it also did when we first pulled up and walked in. It took a few minutes for the eyes to adjust and the other senses to begin noticing all of the flaws, which there are many. It's a shame because this must have been a real nice place at one time, and still could be. The obvious culprits here is that there's no on-site management, or owner's that either don't care or don't have the money to take it to the next level.
Flaws-
Lobby smells damp & dank -mildew?
Staff appear to be lazy, reception staff on phone outside.
Various stains and 'missed' dirt throughout hotel.
Dirty windows, door sills, paint chips, etc.
First room had rust stained walls and smelled of mold, second room had stained spread on bed, holes in sheets, stains on pillow cases... GROSS! Carpets, which looked recent has stains. Toilet bowl rim stained. Proof that staff is lazy, uncareful, and there's a lack of management.
It's a shame, because architecturally, the place has great potential.
Do not stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cigbar1
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located a bit off the beaten path, and apparently hasn't been renovated or redecorated since the 1980's. I stayed in room 306, which featured mildew and peeling paint in the bathroom, a questionable stain on the bathroom cabinet (blood?), and rust on the desk lamp. The refrigerator works, but has a broken shelf. Yes, these are mostly aesthetic problems, but the mildew and peeling paint should not be ignored. The breakfast is served in the atrium and is basically just carbs: cereals, bread and bananas. The front desk staff are friendly, but some of the others are not. Overall, if you are on a budget and want big rooms this place works. As long as you don't think about how clean things are or have allergies to mildew.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I have agreed that the Oglethorpe is the best hotel we've stayed in since we've been married! What a wonderful stay we just completed yesterday September 13. The Inn is centrally located which made it convenient for us to visit all of Savannah not just the Historic District. The Inn offerered a fantastic rate of $155 for two nights. And did we get our money's worth! At check-in we were greeted by Maggie who welcomed us and gave us a one-page information sheet that told us everything about the hotel services. Neither of us have ever received an information sheet like this in all the years we have traveled. Every other place provides a book with hours and services that you can't read until you get into your room. Maggie also provided us with a coupon to a Seafood diner nearby. We also enjoyed excellent breakfasts while we stayed at the Inn. Kuwana managed the breakfasts very well. The room was spacious and very clean. It looked more like an apartment than a hotel room. The swimming pool and workout room were also well maintained. Another feature that the Inn offered that we haven't seen elsewhwere is the presence of computers on eash floor of the hotel not just the first floor. We also want to thank Josiah on the front desk and the General Manager Glenn Anderson who ensured that we had an enjoyable stay. We will defintely stay at the Oglethorpe again. If all hotels had a staff like Maggie, Kuwana, Glenn and Josiah, they would be the best as well. Thanks so much.

Room Tip: All the roome appeared to be excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel is very nice. Have stayed here several times. The rooms are always very clean. Very comfortable bed. Convient to everything Savannah has to offer. Lots of places to eat in the vacinity. Close to shopping. Staff was very nice and helpful. Very affordably priced. Large rooms and comfortable beds with most of the conveniences of home. Look forward to visiting again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business