“Good room for a great price”

Comfort Inn Midtown
Ranked #41 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Waycross, Georgia, USA
“Good room for a great price”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

The room was clean and tidy upon arrival. About 5-7 minute drive to historic downtown. The tv set was weird and did not produce sound on some channels or would only play the background music instead of the characters voices. Safe area and very quiet.

The only complaint was the receptionist upon arrival was very rude. I checked in at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday May 22nd. It seemed as if I were inconveniencing her by checking in to my reserved hotel room. Asked if I was sure I could afford to put it all on my card. I had two friends with me and my boyfriend at check in (we drove for a wedding and met up w/ friends from Statesboro to all ride together to the wedding) and the receptionist rudely asked me if I was aware that I had only booked the room for two people and I had four with me. Rude! I am completely aware of the hotel booking for double occupancy and my friends were at the hotel a total of five minutes for me and my bf to put our stuff down and leave for the wedding so we could ride together.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We hadn't expected to stay at the Oglethorpe, but after expierencing problems at another hotel in the area, we stumbled upon it....and we are so glad we did!

As soon as we walked in the door, the beautiful Atrium got our attention. We were greeted by Josiah at the front desk. He couldn't have been more helpful. He made us feel as if we were coming home. He told us about all of the properties amenities, told us where our room was and said if we needed anything at all to call him.

Upon entering the room, I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious it was. You enter into a sitting area that had a couch, chair, desk, and a counter area that housed the microwave and fridge. Since I worked in the hotel industry in the past, I did a mini inspection of the room. It was very clean, and trust me, I checked everywhere! The Beds are a bit hard and I suspect that is because they are on a platform frame. There was a floor to ceiling window in the bedroom that allowed a ton of light in the room. The entrance to the bathroom area had double doors to the vanity and bathroom. I especially like that! It allowed plenty of room and privacy to get dressed.

Just as a warning....the Hotel does sit near an Army Base, so there are a number of Helicopters that fly over the area. Don't let that deter you! It bothered me at first, but you get used to it, and the other things in the Hotel outweigh that. BTW, as we were unpacking...Josiah from the front desk called to make sure everything was OK with our room!

Overall, the Oglethorpe has the potential to be a 4 or 5 star hotel at a price that won't break the bank. I look forward to returning someday in the future! Keep up the good work Oglethorpe!

Room Tip: There are rooms that overlook the pool!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Guinnygirl16
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed May 18, 2011

After a mishap at another hotel chain, we called Oglethorpe Inn & Suites, spoke with Josiah to see if there were any vacancies. After explaining the ordeal we had just gone through, he assured us they could take care of our travel needs. What a warm welcome from Josiah!!!!! We get to our suite and as we are checking things out, our phone rings and it was Josiah asking if our room was to our standards if there was anything at all that we needed. Incredible customer service!!! You are 5 miles from downtown Historical Savannah and if you don't need to be in the thick of it, this is the PERFECT place for you. We were able to utilize AAA discount and we had a 5 star stay at and incredible bargain price. Even if you don't have access to discount rates, this Inn is still a great deal at full price!! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TraveLisa15
Iowa
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We made the reservation understanding that it was a budget choice. The location was fine and the room was quite spacious. However, cleanliness was an issue, television reception was poor, and the in-room refrigerator had water puddled on the bottom. Pillows on the beds were lumpy and uncomfortable. We called the front desk about the television reception and the refrigerator and they said they would have maintenance look at them the next day, and would move us to a different room if the problems couldn't be resolved. While management was responsive to those concerns, we were still not comfortable with cleanliness of the room.

For the same rate, we were able to book the Holiday Inn Express - Midtown so we moved after one night. While the Holiday Inn Express was about 3 miles farther out from the historic district, it was worth it to us - new, clean hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank AbbyCat4
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Stayed three nights with this hotel 6-9 May 2011 on recommendation of allied event. Better than I remembered with suite room, wireless internet, pool, and great bed. Slept better than I did at home, and that is a reare comment for a property from me. Walking distance of shopping centre and good restaurant, Fiddler's. This property would be ideal for a business traveler or family vacation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank capitalistroader
Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2011

On our trip to Savannah we wanted a nice place but didn't feel the need to be in the pricey historic district. We found a treasure in the Oglethorpe Inn & Suites which is conveniently located, had a friendly staff, a beautiful atrium, good breakfast and a spacious suite with nice amenities and a comfy bed all at price that we thought was a good value. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others coming to Savannah for work or leisure. (bonus is the Toucan Cafe' that is a great restaurant less than a mile away)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ChispaFlorida
Grosseto, Italy
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Nice, clean, spacious rooms, excellent breakfast, excellent wi-fi internet connection, pool and small fitness center available. The location is ok, a few miles from the historic district, but the money you save compensate it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple