East Bay Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Planters Inn(Savannah)
1,390 results
All reviewshigh ceilingsgreat locationbasement restaurantthe riverexposed brickwine and cheeseresident ghostfoot ceilingscotton warehousehistoric districtturn down servicewithin walking distancesouthern hospitalityon site parkingeach eveningbeautiful roombiscuits and gravy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I surprised my husband by taking him to this lovely bed and breakfast for his birthday. We live just outside of Savannah but far enough to enjoy a night downtown Savannah! The location of this Inn is perfect for anywhere you want to go downtown whether it be Bay St, River St, or Broughton St and it is very close to all kinds of good restaurants and bars! The front desk staff are very friendly and personable. They will accommodate you in anyway possible which they let me check in 2 hours early to set up my birthday decorations. Our room was a lot more than what I expected it to be. It was very large, clean, and inviting! We had two comfy chairs and a couch and our bed in our room and had plenty of room to walk around. The brick wall in our room was a great touch to the historic feel. The AC worked very well! They offer complementary bottles of water at the front desk and also complementary breakfast! The breakfast was good and offered cereals, muffins, toast, hot biscuits and gravy, hot eggs, ham, etc. Overall our experience staying here was above and beyond and we would definitely recommend East Bay Inn to anyone staying in Savannah!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed 4 days and it was the most amazing experience!! The staff was incredible and accommidating!! The staff take care of all of your needs. I am a runner and when I would return they would meet me at the desk with 2 bottles of cold water, that is anticipating a guests needs. I stayed in Room 322 it was an incredible room. Obviously on the 3rd floor, not obvious it was a corner room and had 4 huge windows, it was the brightest and most comfortable room I have experienced from home in a very long time. The staff was always very friendly and willing to do what ever it took to make my stay the best possible! You would be making a big mistake if you were to stay anywhere else. Location was great very easy walk to anywhere you could want to visit.

Room Tip: get a corner room on the 3rd floor. I had a view of the river and could see ships passing. The 4 huge windows flooded the room with light all day.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Treacy Y
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My 9 year old daughter stayed here with our 8 month old goldendoodle and it was the perfect spot to have your dog and be downtown. Nice historical place hut plan to eat breakfast out, free food was just fair. Lots of placesvto eat whin in walking distance. We will start there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ROMAN S
Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you want to experience Old Savannah, you must stay at the East Bay Inn ! We stayed three nights (July -20-23, 2013) and thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this historic city. Julie, our inn keeper for all four days we were there, is the BEST. She recommended sights to see and places to eat. Our rooms were like stepping back in time, were quite spacious and comfortable. This was a family reunion vacation for us and we occupied four of their rooms and our service couldn't have been better. We enjoyed the wine & appetizer reception every evening before walking to dinner .. nice ! And, the full hot breakfast in the hotel's Skyler Restaurant downstairs was definitely a plus ! All the literature said "continental breakfast, but they've recently upgraded. Biscuits and gravy anyone ? Grits ? yum !

The East Bay Inn was the perfect place as its right in the middle of the historic district; within easy walking distance to the water front, great restaurants, public transportation, parks and all of the historic district. My husband and I definitely plan to come back ... we highly recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and uniquely decorated. Our second floor corner room in rear of building was large and very light with tall windows on two walls. Step stools under the beds for easier access to the high beds. We found it our last morning ! Good thing we are both tall ! lol ! The rooms on the street level were a bit noisier ... my brother mentioned you could hear people talking/laughing as they were walking past in early evening hours -- the sidewalk was directly outside their room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a great place to stay when visiting historic Savannah. Everything is within walking distance!
The Inn itself is very cool. the rooms are awesome and the beds are very comfortable.
The staff is friendly and accomodating.
There is a wine and cheese gathering each evening for the guests. Great way to meet new people from all over the world!
Food was above par.
Highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple