“Great value”

Ranked #86 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
McDonough GA
“Great value”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

What more do you need in a hotel but a nice clean place and friendly people? When you get that at a great price, it's unbeatable. I stayed there January 10, 2014 with 12 high school students. The hotel had everything we needed, and the night manager Asia could not possibly have been more friendly or accommodating. JB.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear burns41,

Comfort, cleanliness, and customer service have to be the three most important things when traveling and we'd like to thank you for noticing we provide them all. It is so wonderful to hear when a guest is happy and have enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are visiting the area.

The management team at,
Travelodge, Savannah GA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I have to highly recommend this hotel as I have been more than pleased with my stay here. I visit Savannah, GA quite often, and usually stay at higher end hotels, most often in the downtown area, but with recent weather conditions, my departure back to Chicago has been delayed and opted to stay close to the airport. In an effort to save money, I chose this Travelodge and am very happy I did. The staff is beyond professional and courteous, so much that they have beat out the majority of my experiences at much more expensive and affluent hotels. The room was extremely clean, as well as the rest of the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was very nice, all the food was fresh, the room very clean and organized, and everything I needed was in ample supply. I highly recommend this hotel not only for the amazing price, but mostly for the exceptional level of service and amenities offered.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alyssa B
Dear Alyssa B,

Thank you for taking the time review your recent stay here with us. I will share your kind words to our staff and your response will serve as encouragement to us all as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. Each of our employees truly love their job and will go that extra mile to make your stay feel like you are at a 5 star hotel, but paying for a 3 star hotel. As comfort, cleanliness, and customer service have to be the three most important things when traveling, I'm pleased to hear our team has gone above and beyond to make this stay stand out for you.

Again I would like to thank you for the kind words and we all hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

The management team at
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the Travelodge on our way down to Florida on 12/21/13. Due to bad traffic, we weren't able to check in until 10:00 p.m. The manager was immediately available to check us in upon our arrival. He was very friendly and even gave my daughters' stuffed animals which really put a smile on their faces after a long day. The room was in very good shape. It was clean which is always my main concern. We were very pleased with the hotel and the staff. We were so pleased in fact, that we decided to stay there again on the way back home on 12/28/13. We would stay there again. EH

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elisa_Hoff
Dear Elisa_Hoff,

We love repeat guests! Thank you for the great words about the hotel. When a guest comes back by choice we know we are doing something right. There are so many options today it really is all about the customer service. Our team offers great customer service and they truly enjoy what they do.

We look forward to serving you again soon!

At your service,
The Team at
Williamson, New York
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel has been taken over by Travelodge and they have made it one of the best. The rooms are large and very clean. Great for those who want a suite where you can close off the bedroom if you get up early. The staff are some of the friendliest I have had the pleasure to meet. The really care about your stay. I do have to single out one person (Aja) who goes beyond normal expectations. She goes out of her way to make sure you are happy - like making sure I had fresh coffee at 4am each day of my 5 day stay.
Everything at this hotel is very good - not one complaint!!!
Wayne D . 1/3/14

Room Tip: Be specific I what you want right from the start
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Wayne D,

Comfort, Cleanliness, and customer service have to be the three most important things when traveling and we'd like to thank you for noticing we provide them all. It's great to hear that all of our staff, especially Aja, was able to make your week long stay enjoyable, as sometimes those long ones can drag on. It is so wonderful to hear when a guest is happy and have enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are visiting the area.

The management team at,
Virginia Beach
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The room was very clean, the staff was awesome. They really went out of their way to make me feel at home and helped me to really enjoy my stay. The girl at the front desk(Asia) was very happy and always smiling. Whenever I decide to go back to Savannah, I will stay in your hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dear Maria P,

As comfort, cleanliness, and customer service have to be the three most important things when traveling and we'd like to thank you for noticing we provide them all. It is so wonderful to hear when a guest is happy and have enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are visiting the area.

The management team at
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

First let me start by saying whenyou look at reviews they are mostly bad or 5 yrs old but when I called to reserve my room the clerk that I spoke with Dan i think was his name was very profesional . Once we got there our rooms were ready and the staff was very promt with check in and offered great tips on where eat . Our room was very clean and stayed that way the entire visit i will most defintely stay again ..thank you staff at travelodge savannah ga..

• Stayed December 2013
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear mzyolandapalmer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel with such positive feedback, as we appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. I have shared your comments with the staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,