“You get What you Pay For”

Travelodge Savannah Gateway
Ranked #83 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed March 24, 2013

As said before, you get what you pay for. They've tried to refresh the rooms by painting them but have painted over the border and you can tell.It looks like some of the hotel has been redone but on a budget. There also was a very annoying humming sound in the rooms that could have ruined your nights rest. The air conditioner kind of dulled that sound. I must say on the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom looked nice even though after a shower, it took awhile for the water to drain away and the hair dryer quit half way. I wouldn't come back. Breakfast was minimal. They did have waffles though. No cream for the coffee. Just milk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just checked out after a three night stay and will have to say that this hotel is a great value and offered a wonderful stay in Savannah. My room had all the amenities I needed. Everything was very clean and the staff went out of their way to make my stay great.

Breakfast was basic but adequate and very good. Overall I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Williamh1960
Reviewed February 28, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

You can't beat the price, but you do get what you pay for. I'm guessing the hotel is understaffed, because I only saw the same two people the three nights we stayed. Our trash wasn't emptied once while we were there, our dirty towels were never taken out, but they did give us clean ones. The hot tub had too much chlorine, but was clean. The pool was cold. But we did go enjoy it every evening. Waffles were good, had a basic selection of breakfast items, but they were free, so can't complain..I did keep noticing a spot on the wall, and on the last day go to get a closer look, wish I hadn't because it looked like bm. So the walls all probably need a good cleaning.. It could be a good place, but needs some more staff, and a deep cleaning..

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed there for one day. I got lowest price from internet within that area. General Manager, Corey was very friendly and knowledgeable. Hotel room was very nice and big. Hotel bed, bed spread and blanket were all very cleaned. I can get WiFi very easily in my room and it is free. Bathroom was very clean too. There are microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker in the room and they all are working properly. Breakfast is OK for that price of the room. Over all I recommend everyone to stay in this hotel. If I have another trip, I will stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. Rooms were very clean and comfortable for the low price range. Staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was good. It was a stopping point on our way from Canada to Florida and location just off the highway was perfect. Large mall a 5 min drive down the street and many restaurant choices nearby.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family