This hotel is NOT ready for guests. Pictures are deceiving. The front desk told me that Travelodge had just acquired the property. Which is probably why it was hard to find, not signed well at all. We checked in early evening (around 7) and was given a dirty room. After much discussion and finger pointing, they moved us to a clean room; however, we continued to have to ask for basic items such as towels and pillows. They would give us two towels, and four of us were staying in a room, we had to ask for more every day. It would seem that they didn’t have enough towels because at one point we were given brand new towels that hadn’t been washed yet. We had to ask for an iron, but we never got it and by this time, we were just tired of asking. The beds are lumpy, bad backs beware! Then much to our dismay we found out that the swimming pool is not heated and the hot tub was broken. Breakfast was very very lacking our first day then very slowly got better through the visit. Saturday morning around 8:30am workers were coming in from the grocery store with the basic needs of breakfast. This is something that should have happened long before then, especially since you could hear the workers talk about how busy they were going to be just the day before. This hotel and the managers there need to learn the fine art of planning and organizing. I was very disappointed with my stay and even more disappointed that no one at the hotel cared that I was disappointed. I will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort and Southern Charm Awaits, with Pool, Free Breakfast and Free Wi-FiYour next adventure to the Hostess City of the South starts when you book a room at our Travelodge Savannah!Conveniently located off Interstate 95, our newly renovated hotel places you close to exciting Southern attractions, delicious restaurants and historic fun. City Market, the Savannah Riverfront and Old Fort Jackson are all just moments from our Savannah hotel.Fill yourself up in the morning with our free Bear Bites continental breakfast, and plan your day online with free Wi-Fi Internet access. Stay active in our hotel gym and heated indoor swimming pool. Or sit back and relax in our hotel's hot tub. Feel free to use our on-site laundry and dry cleaning services to get everything as fresh as the day you arrived. Our pet-friendly hotel in Savannah aims to be the perfect launch pad for your adventure. Check in with our concierge to learn what's happening in our neck of the woods.LOCAL ATTRACTIONS Spend time in the exquisite shops and restaurants of City Market - just 15 minutes from our Savannah hotel. Stroll amongst galleries, horse-drawn carriages and outdoor cafes at the Savannah Riverfront. Have dinner and tour of the city on an unforgettable Savannah Riverboat Cruise. To learn about life during the Civil War era, visit Old Fort Jackson.DINING OPTIONS Enjoy famed southern flavor at Paula Deen's Lady and Sons restaurant. Order the char-grilled oysters at Uncle Bubba's or try authentic Cajun Kingfish at Huey's. A relaxing meal on the Savannah River at Tubby's Tank House is the perfect, relaxing end to an exciting day of sight-seeing. BUSINESS AND EVENT FACILITIESOur Savannah hotel offers a meeting space perfect for small conferences, presentations or interviews. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Travelodge Savannah Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Savannah-Gateway Hotel Savannah
- Country Inn And Suites Savannah-Gateway
- Country Inn Savannah Gateway
- Savannah Country Inn