Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Midtown
Ranked #69 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and myself stayed at this hotel three weeks ago, and was very impressed
with the rooms and hotel itself.
The staff were very informative about everything , especially Phyllis, who helped us enormously.
Even though it is not in the historic district, you can get a public bus easily downtown.
The breakfast was really good ,and complimentary. A very good stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager50, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear carolpavlova,

Thank you for submitting a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know how we did! We will be sure to pass this review along to our staff and commend Ms. Phyllis on her good works! We hope to see you again soon.

Country Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a wonderful experience staying at this hotel. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the staff was extremely nice! I would recommend this hotel to everyone! This hotel was close to all the local attractions...i.e. shopping, historic downtown, the beaches. We were thrilled with the whole experience. We will come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jennifer T,

Thank you so much for submitting a review in regards to your recent stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and our city! We hope to see you again when you head back to Savannah, Georgia and we will be sure to share your review with our staff!

Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Savannah

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a real nice hotel, very clean and the staff were very friendly. Could use a little paint here and there but overall good. It was close to historic center about 5 miles away plus a straight shot from hotel. One of the best breakfast menus we have had traveling, fresh and hot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David S
GeneralManager50, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear David S,

We thank you kindly for taking some of your time to write a review based upon your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Be Our Guest breakfast, as well as the rest of our hotel. We will have our maintenance team check into the paint issues so we can resolve that issue for you. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Savannah!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a great place to stay while our children were in a wedding downtown. Great rates and convenient to shopping. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the service was great. It's not where you want to stay if you want like a romantic weekend with a view of downtown and the river... but we needed a cost effective place to stay for 2 nights while we were at the rehearsal, dinners, and the wedding. It was not a bad drive to downtown, either! Phyllis was spectacular as well as the other staff. Breakfast was great, I can't say enough positives about the hotel....I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Linda T,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us! We strive to make you happy and we are delighted to see that we have done so. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Phyllis and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Savannah!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had two nights in this inn while on vacation with a friend. For no more then I would expect to pay for an ordinary motel room we were given a two-room suite on the second floor. The suite was next to the elevator and thus rather noisy. I spoke to the manager and we were at once moved to another suite, the manager even insisting on carrying our bags.
The suite was well appointed, the beds were comfortable and the free breakfast excellent. The inn is close to the army airfield and some aircraft noise can be heard but not so much as to be disturbing. Housekeeping left a little to be desired: the holders for toilet paper were broken and the rolls sat on the cistern and it was not until the first morning that I noticed the absence of a shower curtain - but a 'phone call brought a new curtain within minutes. The suite was cleaned after the first night but I wished the cleaning had included the coffee-maker and replenishment of the coffee, and that I had not found one of my pillows on the floor beside the bed. All in all, though, a good place for a couiple of nights and I would return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManager50, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Maus59,

Thank you so much for your response in regards to your recent stay with us. We apologize for the issues that you encountered and I will be addressing this with all housekeeping staff members. Despite your unfortunate encounters, you still have very positive things to say about your experience here and we thank you for that. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when your travels bring you to the area!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed in room 214. Six foot stain on ceiling, walls had crumbling plaster, corner by soft chair had some type of tape put over it, painted and then it looked as if the entire wall had shifted. Bathroom door scratched like some wild animals had been living in it. Extremely sloppy painting and many many scratches and places where paint missing. Also there were either nails or screws sticking out of the wall as you enter the room and also over bed headboard. Used pool and found the floors to disgustingly dirty. If you look through the windows in the pool area, all I could see was trash bags, siding off the building, cans and bottles. As if all this wasn't bad enough, during the time right after we went to bed, I had to get up and go out of our room to shut the door to the laundry so we did not have to listen to what sounded like rocks rattling around inside the dryer. Then at approx 3 a.m. We were awakened by cooking smells coming from the breakfast area which was below our room. Also, there was trash in the hallways which stayed on the floors for the entire two days we were there. No cleaning of hallways.

Would not stay there again. Staff was nice but not good enough to get our business again

• Stayed: September 2012
GeneralManager50, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear IraNan,

We would first like to thank you for submitting a response in regards to your recent stay with us. A business can thrive from listening to their customer's feedback. After your departure, we had already began work on room 214. Based upon you original feedback at the hotel, we were able to pass this information to our engineering department and have them assess each noted issue. If you would like, we can provide you with those updates.

As for the housekeeping issues, we have met with our housekeeping team and instructed them as to how things could be improved. We are deeply apologetic towards your concerns and we would like to welcome you back to the hotel to show you how important you are to us. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I spend 75% of my year staying in hotels and B&B's all around the world from great areas to very bad. This was my first try at a Country Inn and Suites, if I am paying the bill I prefer Hilton chains. However, it turned out to be the best service I have had at any hotel ever! I have stayed at 5 star hotels in Dubai, which of course offer more services but not better service. I was there to attend a class at Rescue Training Inc and needed hotel close to the school and withing walking distance of the mall for my wife, who would spend the week shopping. I did not have reservations and the clerk actually helped me call other hotels in the area to compare prices! They gave me the best deal. I had a slight problem with the internet and mentioned it on checkout. The owner was there and she gave me money back on the room. The room was clean, well stocked and maid service was great. The breakfast is ok for the facilities (no restaurant) they have and I could not expect better for this type of hotel. The location is as safe as it can be for the area. The Abercorn St side is ok for walking, but I would stay clear of nearby areas around the Military base if you are walking. Its not within walking distance of the historic district but Sav. has good public transportation. Its a 5 min drive to river street. If you need a full kitchen in your room, this is not the hotel for you. However, if you only need a refrigerator and microwave or less, this is a great hotel for the price. I am amazed how attentive the staff was to the guest needs. They are working hard to keep it a great place and the owners are on site. The only reason I did not rate 5 was the lack of a full kitchen in the room and restaurant on site. The only negative is access from Abercorn St north bound is difficult. Great job.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager50, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear PalmettoDiver,

We would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a sweet response in regards to your recent stay with us! You have listed such a descriptive review and I think that really helps viewers determine what kind of hotel we are and how we operate. I am going to share this with the rest of my staff and commend them for a job well done! We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to the area.

Yours in travel,