“Great customer service!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Pismo Beach, California
“Great customer service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Started our trip from Columbus, GA in pouring down rain. At times we had to pull off the road and de-stress. Needless to say by the time we got to the hotel we were frazzled. The employee at the front desk Patrick was a saint, he not only checked us in quickly and found us a fabulous suite! His customer service makes us want to return to this location next year! BTW, our suite is gorgeous, clean, well kept and roomy for all 3 of us. Definitely book here! Olive garden, Logan's Steakhouse and Publix are all nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bythebeachgal
tps_savta_gm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Hi Bythebeachgal

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. From your comments sounds like your trip was quite the adventure. I was glad to hear Patrick was awaiting your arrival and could bring some sunshine to a rainy day. We look forward to having you as a loyal guest and will see you on your next trip to the area.

Angela Small

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Phenix City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

In Savannah for business last week and spent one night. Was very worried with a packed pool area and parking lot but once I entered my room, the world disappeared. Very relaxing and comfortable bed and furniture. Fridge and kitchenette was not used but nice to have for a longer stay. Hardline internet connection so that wasn't great but overall it is a definite positive recommendation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hi Billy M.

Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful comments about our hotel. I know how important it is for travelers to be able to relax and unwind after a long day. One of the benefits of staying in an all suite hotel is having the many comforts of home. Thanks for choosing to stay as our guest and allowing us to take care of your travel needs. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family and I loved this location on our road trip down the coast this summer. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and loved it. It was a great space for two couples. It is about 15 minutes outside of Savannah, which was perfect for us because we like to stay out of the epicenter most of the time. However, there are plenty of shopping centers and grocery stores are near by. This is great since the rooms have a full kitchen in them! It's a great way to save some $$$ during your stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jbailey0525
tps_savta_gm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hi Jodi B.

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. It was great to hear that you liked the location and the many comforts that our hotel has to offer. The team looks forward to seeing you soon on your next trip to Savannah.

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and it was a simple hotel, nothing fancy or thrilling about it.

However, the front desk staff was VERY nice.

It is 8 miles away from the sites, but with red lights and traffic takes about 25 minutes to to the sites.I stayed here due to the costs and since I had my car. If I had to do it over I may have stayed more central in the river front area so I could walk to sites...but it was hard to beat the price. If I had no car, I would had NOT stayed here.

Free parking at hotel and within walking distance are several main name brand restaurants.

My bed was comfortable...ask for more towels up front would be my advice to anyone staying here.

The only downside was around midnight I could hear some noise from outside and the hallways...loud neighbors going in and out of their room all the time with slamming their door and the noise outside my room was a motorcycle gunning its engine for hours...it was not in the hotel parking lot it was the adjacent property.

Hi Simpleohio,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. I will be sure and share your wonderful comments you mentioned about the front desk as well. There are many advantages of staying at Towneplace Suites Savannah Midtown. We are an all suite hotel, moderately priced, free parking and a short drive to local attractions. I will make sure the team is making periodic walk arounds to ensure noise is being controlled so other guest are not disturbed.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback.

CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Solid choice if you need a 2 room suite at a good price. Clean, staff was good, not great but not bad either. Free continental breakfast from 6am-9am. Considerably cheaper than other 2 bedrooms suites. Kitchenette was great as well. Small outdoor pool was OK but a few families and it was too busy. We visited for July 4th and the location has lots around it. About 20 minutes from Riverfront and 30 minutes from Tybee Island beach. Overall, nothing to complain about at all for the price.

Hi Garena_12

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. In your review you mentioned you stayed in a Two Bedroom Suite. The Two Bedroom Suite are very spacious and great for families. They are also reasonably priced with the many comforts of home. The hotel is in an excellent location with a short drive to downtown and Tybee Island. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Savannah.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. This was my first time staying at a Towneplace Suites. Let me say that the staff is phenomenal. Very accommodating. Everyone was friendly and really tried to make sure you enjoyed your stay. The room was clean and spacious. I loved the kitchenette. It was equipped with pots and pans, plates, cups, and a coffee pot.

Although I thought the room was a great value, I didn't like that the rooms were not cleaned every day. When vacationing, I enjoy coming to a clean room with clean towels and wash cloths after a day out. We had to request clean towels every day. It was a bit of a hassle. The maid did come around every morning to see if you needed anything, but I have never stayed anywhere where the rooms weren't cleaned every day without asking.

My only other complaint is the fitness room, if you want to call it that. There was one elliptical (which wasn't plugged in) and one treadmill (which wasn't working properly). I ended up pulling up a video on youtube using my laptop and working out in my room. Not comfortable. Plus, I didn't bring a set of weights. I always make sure the hotel I'm staying in has a fitness center, so I was upset this hotel advertised a fitness center, yet it wasn't functional. The room wasn't clean and was very hot. I don't know what was going on, but it was a HUGE disappointment. This is an issue that I wouldn't expect from a Marriott hotel. If these few issues can be resolved, this would be a great hotel to stay in, especially for those that are cost conscious.

Hi Treble 102

Thank you so much for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. In your review you mentioned this was your first time staying at a Towneplace Suites. Thanks for allowing us to take care of your travel needs while on vacation. Our hotel does offer daily housekeeping services. I will be looking into why your room wasn't serviced daily. The fitness room has been renovated and we were for the new exercise equipment to arrive. The new equipment has arrived we have added a new elliptical machine,bike, weights and a workout bench.The fitness room should be kept clean and cool daily at all times. I have increased the cleaning schedule to ensure it's cleaned more frequently.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The staff is outstanding and friendly. The room, although remodeled, was not clean. The fitness room consisted of 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical, and empty water bottles and an apple core on the floor. The water dispenser was not working in the fitness room either. I wish I could have given it a better rating based on the staff, but it was not up to Marriott standards.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paula D
tps_savta_gm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hi Paula D.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize that the items you mentioned weren't addressed prior. The fitness room should be kept clean at all times. I have increased the cleaning schedule to ensure this is done more frequently. The fitness room has been renovated we are adding an additional elliptical machine, weghts and a work out bench which will arrive this week. Our Chief Engineer has repaired the water dispenser. In your review you were very complimentary of our staff. I have shared all of your comments with the team.

Thank you again for giving us feedback and allowing us to take this opportunity to improve.