“Those earlier glowing reviews seem a bit misleading.”

TownePlace Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #67 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
East Coast
“Those earlier glowing reviews seem a bit misleading.”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The lobby/reception area is nicer than the rental office at a typical apartment complex, but the room we were in was exactly the same like the apartment I rented when I was in graduate school over a decade ago which I promptly moved out of after getting a full-time job. Furniture was worn. The bath tub had a very large stain covering most of its bottom and that was a permanent condition. Refrigerator is noisy. Given that TownePlace is priced a notch below Residence Inn, I did expect it to be more basic but I was disappointed nonetheless. Will stick with Residence Inn next time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sleepy999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I only stayed here a night while touring Armstrong Atlantic University. The room was VERY clean and bright. I thought this hotel was new, but the manager told me it was 10 years old. The staff was very nice and helpful. It is a very well maintained property, and if my daughter decide on Armstrong, it will be my place to stay. The kitchenette, bathroom and property in general were impeccably kept. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The ONLY issue I had with this hotel - and this is being picky - was their breakfast. They had very few items to choose from, and you really have to bring it to your room to eat (no common dining area to talk and watch the news). However, they were great about taking all you want. The staff was outstanding and the room was fantastic (with a small, but complete, kitchen). Location was excellent. I will stay in the hotel again next time I'm in Savannah.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Union, Kentucky
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Towneplace Suites is the bargain extended stay hotel/suites hotel in the Marriott chain. With this in mind, I was pleased with our 2-bedroom unit. It was $149/night (that includes tax). The biggest complaint I have is for the complimentary breakfast which consisted of prepackaged muffins/danishes, a bowl of apples/bananas, and coffee/tea. It was not what I have seen at other Towneplace Suites. This is probably just a cost-cutting measure by Marriott.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed a couple nights at the TownePlace Suites Savannah Midtown and it was great. The rooms were extremely clean, the staff was extremely friendly and the location was central to the different sites. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I was excited to stay at this hotel and booked 2 nights but unfortunately I was very disapointed. The hotel loby was nicely decorated unlike the rooms which were dated. I liked that there was a full kitchen I did not like that the smoking area/ashtrays were right in front of the doors, my children and I had to walk threw smoke to get inside to get to our rooms. Also the room smelled of moldy/musty air conditioner . The noise was horrible at night I kept waking up from the noise. I called to complain 3 times but nothing was done. The next day after I complained the manager offered to move us to another room, which was nice unfortunately it smelled horrible, so bad it made us all sick to our stomachs. We had to go back to the orginal room. The manager was nice and refunded our money for 1 night. Because of the smells I would not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank wifeymac
Midland, GA
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I booked this hotel based on the reviews in tripadvisors and they were right. The rooms were clean the hotel staff friendly and very helpful. It is in driving distance to the historic downtown Savannah area and Tybee Island. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Savannah or Tybee Island.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family