All reviews courtyard marriott valet parking historic district front desk visitor center is within walking distance the river per day breakfast buffet trolley tours public garage nice lobby valet service would stay here again corner room southern hospitality tybee island
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We booked a room several months ahead of time and got to the hotel and there was a problem (overbooking apparently caused by a computer system problem). We had no room. After discussion (somewhat heated at times), we were sent to another hotel in the Historic District for the duration of our stay. My complaint at the time was that the situation may have been unavoidable, but that Courtyard really dropped the ball in how it was handled. I was much more upset because of that than because of the original problem, since they eventually resolved the problem of us not having a place to stay. After talking with Chris (the general manager), I am satisfied that everything possible has been done to keep this problem from happening again. As proof that in any bad situation, someone usually can be found who performs in an exemplary manner, I would like to give positive shout-outs to three individuals. The first of these is Jaran from Valet Parking. Jaran is a rock star in my book. He knew we had a bad situation and really went out of his way to help us in ways that only someone in his position could help. The next person I’d like to commend is Naturcia (I hope I’m close with the spelling of the name). She is in the Marriott call center and was a compassionate listener who really went the extra mile to see that our situation was resolved in the best manner possible. Finally, Chris, the general manager of the local property, was notable for being straightforward about this situation and for listening and answering my concerns honestly. Without these three individuals’ contributions to the situation, I doubt I would stay at a Marriott property again. Because of them, I’m sure we’ll be back at some point.
Side note to hotel managers: the people at your hotel who have the most direct dealings with the public are your front desk personnel and your valet parking attendants. You need to make sure they are the brightest, best-trained people on your property. They create probably 90% of a customer’s impression of your hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JamesB5294
ChristopherS5286, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks, JamesB5294, for your understanding and your update. Communication in our business, as with many others, is paramount to our being able to treat the guests the experience they have come to expect when they stay at any Marriott property. I appreciated you taking the time to share your experience with me and we will certainly work hard to ensure an experience such as yours isn't duplicated, Thank you, sir, for your loyalty to the Marriott brand and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Savannah.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Our room was clean. We didn’t have any problems checking in and the entire staff was very kind and helpful. The location was within walking distance to everything we were interested in and when we booked our room we got an option for a trolley tour to be included. We’re so glad we booked the trolley too. It was great! If you can, don’t miss out on the Old Savannah Trolley Tour.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skinner1wsu
Reviewed September 2, 2018

We arrived by motorcycle and after a few minutes with the valet, the directed us to their underground garage where we parked. We had a 35 minute delay on checking into the hotel upon arrival late afternoon. There were 10 other guests ahead of us waiting in the lobby with their suitcases for check-in. The front office manager was working between her note pad, print outs from the system, and occasionally using the computer. She was the only one at the front desk and had an assistant with her. She was polite but made it clear that we needed to move away from the front desk and wait until our name was called. At one point, a traveler arrived saying he had checked in online and just needed his room key. His name was taken and he was also told to wait. After 35 minutes we were called and received our room keys. We found the room to be clean but dated. The bathroom was clean to a point but there was evidence of previous guests who had used this room. Bar was nice and we enjoyed having a drink prior to our evening out for dinner. We used the restaurant for breakfast and found it to be good. When we went to use the laundry, the hotel was out of laundry detergent but a visiting manager from the "corporate" owner (Remington) asked to have a couple of minutes and he would find some - 5 mins later it was provided. We went to use the laundry room and found it to be filthy! There were clothes piled up from those who had abandoned them, the floor was not clean and the machines were old.

We stayed in this hotel in 2010 and 2014 and found it to be excellent. We will not stay at this hotel ever again and will not recommend it because it is clearly not up to Courtyard Marriott standards.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank ChuckDickens
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel on the Marriott app trusting that ‘Courtyard by Marriott’ was the experience I would receive... not so. The person at the front desk was very nice and that’s the only thing that I can say was ok. The lobby had a stale food odor. On entering the elevator, it was dirty and dingy. Got to my room and most everything there was dated.. very old mattresses.. many tiles on the the bathroom floor broken .. shower surround was heavily stained and looked dirty.. This hotel is managed by a very good company based in Dallas and I’m amazed that they allow it to be this way, and that Marriott allows them to fly a Courtyard flag. Oh yes, there is only valet parking .. $30/night. I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum so I have feeling they selected a ‘better’ room for me... hate to think what others receive. I will stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Rajan B
Christopher S, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Thank you, Rajan B for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your recent experience and thank you for your Marriott loyalty. Your experience was not indicative of a normal stay at our hotel, and for that we certainly apologize. While our bathroom project is underway, we apologize that the room you were assigned was not yet completed. Thank you very much for your kind words for the staff you encountered, it has been relayed to the team and they are very appreciative. Thank you again for your Marriott loyalty and for choosing our Courtyard and we certainly hope you will stay with us during your next visit to our beautiful city.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

not far from river front Easy walk !! Hotel is very nice, clean and staff are very friendly. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. Breakfast is very good You do have to pay for parking but once you get there you will not need your car until you leave.

Stayed: September 2017