“Highly Recommended for Downtown Savannah!”

Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #40 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Pros: Price in conjunction to location (River hotels are high in price, this one is affordable), Cleanliness, Friendly Staff, Great views, Amenities Galore! Within walking distance to River Street and Forsyth Park (couple minutes either way)

Cons: Paid Valet Parking only, Walking required (but Savannah is a walking city - Let me elaborate: You cannot just walk out of the front door and be in the hustle and bustle of Bull Street or River Street, you do have to take some scenic walks)

Review: We have stayed in this hotel twice. The first time we stayed, we stayed in a normal guest room. It was within our price point, and we did not want to spend the hundreds of dollars needed to stay at the one's on the river. We wanted convenience, but did not want to pay absurd prices. The MLK Boulevard is extremely busy at all times of the day, so that might be an issue; however, once in your room, you hear absolutely nothing from the ground floor. The hotel had an extremely spacious bathroom! We had the king sized bed room and it came with a nice addition of a sofa. I like hotel rooms that offer this, as I don't always want to "sit" on the bed. The windows do open a smidgen, so it offers good winter air if you want, but you will hear the traffic

The second time, we stayed in one of their suites. The suite is extremely large. We had a sofa, 2 chairs, wet bar, separate living area from the master bedroom which had standard kind bed with chaise lounge. This offered more freedom plus a balcony. It was higher in price, but we definitely got what we paid for. I don't think we could have received the same level of luxury staying at a hotel on the river. We like to sit outside and chat on the balcony at night, so this offered us a great outdoor get away with the conveniences of home.

There is a bar downstairs that operates at certain hours. There is also a great italian restaurant down the street. Within walking distance, there is endless possibilities. There is a great pool area. Everything is gated, and with valet, the lobby provides excellent security, we have never been accosted or seen any homeless. Parkers (Convenient/Gas store) is right around the corner for Beer or necessities.

The pool area is out in the back within a privacy fence/gate. There is also a courtyard that I have seen many a people sitting and enjoying the courtyard (I have never seen that happen at hotels). The Lounge area near the lobby is great too. They provide comfortable seats and a television. Again, I have seen more than one traveler enjoying this area. There is a basic gym, no frills. There is also an indoor jacuzzi, which is great, but echo's quite a bit!

There is a concierge available, but we have never used that service.

I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District

Reviewed July 7, 2009

We could not get a second night at the Westin Savannah, and most hotels were booked last minute, so we found Courtyard historic dist. My ratings are all based on the $110 rate we got. For the price, the hotel is in a great area, has comfortable beds and is clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet with cooked to order omlets @ $9.95 is a great deal. It is not a resort or fancy hotel, but for the money it is a great deal! We did not go to the pool, so I cannot comment on it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We're local but needed to stay in the historic district for late night partying after a wedding. The Courtyard was perfect for us. Great location on the edge of the historic district but not in the middle of the hustle & bustle, right across the street from a good late night bar/restaurant, trolleys and the visitor's center and Civic Center. Clean hotel, nice public area, pool, great price, upgraded room to a king suite, comfy bed and pillows. Parking was avail by valet, behind the hotel on the street or in the parking garage next door. The room/suite was very nice with a separate lounge area. We didn't use the restaurant facilities for breakfast but I saw many diners. I also noticed from another hotel guest that the concierge desk wasn't open often and the front desk had limited assistance - just telling the disabled guest that they needed to wait for when the concierge was around.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2009

The hotel wasn’t really close to any of the main attractions but for the price, it wasn’t a big deal. If you are about being close to River Street, this is not the hotel for you. For some people the walk back at night might make them uncomfortable, especially after a few drinks, but I didn’t see a problem.

The staff was nice and the rooms were clean, though there was a strange smell when you first walk into the room. I think it may have been due to the air-conditioning unit not being on for a while, but after it ran a while, it was fine. I am always disturbed when the sink is not in the bathroom, but that is a minor detail. The room was comfortable and quiet and I slept very well even though I am a light sleeper usually.

The pool is worth checking out, especially in the early evening when you need a break from walking around in the heat. Very relaxing and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2009

My brother goes to SCAD so on one of our recent visits we stayed here. The place is very clean, comfortable, and has good amenities for a Courtyard (restaurants w/breakfast, bar set up in the evenings in the sitting area off the lobby, gym, nice outdoor sitting area, concierge). The location is good, not as close to the river as some places so a little more of a walk. This is an expensive hotel for a Courtyard but that's just because it's Savannah. Overall, I thought this was a convenient, clean, and comfortable place to stay in Savannah w/o totally breaking the bank.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2009

This hotel is right on the edge of the historic district, a great 'home base' for touring Savannah. Walking distance to the entire downtown historic area. Make sure you check out the back patio near the pool...the Confederate Jasmine is lovely in the spring. There is no permanent restaurant, but a full breakfast buffet is available in the mornings at a reasonable price and there is a bar open in the evening (I didn't try it). The rooms are quiet...I could hear noise coming from other rooms when I was in the hallway, but inside the room was quiet...this is pleasantly surprising. One morning, we slept until 10:00a! The staff is very friendly and helpful. I do a lot of travel for business and have stayed in all kinds of places. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2009

This hotel experience was wonderful. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The room was very comfortable and clean. Great location, loved all aspects of this hotel!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends