“Julia'sbirthday”

Ranked #41 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Forest Hill, Maryland
“Julia'sbirthday”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great location; across the street from visitors ctr & all the tours. Everyone friendly & helpful. I told them it was my wife's 60th birthday & they had a beautiful cake in the room when we came back from sightseeing. Walking distance to riverfront, historic homes & churches, & to the market area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernie R
DerrickGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Bernie R,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey.
We are honored that you chose our hotel for your wife's 60th birthday. I know our Front Office Manager was excited to get a cake for her.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Derrick Pair

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Just checked in and told no parking except on the street which was full. Only other option $15 for valet. Talk about a nice welcome. Try another hotel in the area if u can. The rooms seem nice but for $150 a night I would expect free parking.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Gringohaus
DerrickGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Gringohaus,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our hotel. We appreciate the feedback we get from our guests.
I see that you have a concern in regards to the parking fee. We do charge for parking but there are some street options available in the area for free. Unfortunately, they are owned by the city and it is first come first serve. This can be a challenge as there is limited free parking available in Savannah. There is a parking garage across the street that you can park at as well but there is a fee. We, along with all other hotels here in the area, charge for parking. To my knowledge, there are no hotels that offer free parking.
I am happy that the room was nice and that the cleanliness was rated a 5. We do strive to give great service and clean rooms. We are glad to have had you as our guest.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

912-790-8287
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I love the Marriott brand. We shared a room with 2 beds plus pull out couch and it was more than adequate for 3 adult women to share. I love the smart design of separating the shower area from the toilet area and the use of doors that hug the wall. The small living area with pull out couch allowed us to entertain a few extra friends for happy hour. The following morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast buffet. Will definitely stay here again. Close to River and historic district. We ate dinner at an awesome Italian restaurant, Corleone's Trattoria,at night which was within walking distance.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a view but was on a upper floor river side. It was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PerlTravel
Dear PerlTravel,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
I am very happy to hear the room design worked well for you and your guests. I enjoy our breakfast as well but I am a little partial! Glad to know you enjoyed it as well!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here for a business trip recently. The hotel is clean and staff is friendly. Rooms are comfortable and a few places to eat within walking distance. Parking is valet only or street parking and there is a public lot about 1/2 mile away. Close to river and historic sites... Would stay here again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear jbbreier,
Thank you for taking time out to fill out a review.
I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and the location.
Thank you and I hope you will visit us again soon!

St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed at his hotel several times in the last year. It has a great location for strolling beautiful Savannah. Also, the staff is friendly and accommodating. They have gone out of their way many, many times to accommodate my needs and those of my family. It has a recently renovated lobby with a lobby bar, big TV, computers (with printers that actually work and have consistent internet signals), cozy seating and coffee all the time. There is also a pretty, private patio, pool area and a gym. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious with linens that are especially nice. The restaurant serves breakfast every day in a gracious setting with lots of windows and a nicely varied menu. But lots of hotels have nice "stuff", what sets this one apart is how helpful and genuinely kind the staff is - ALL THE TIME!!

Room Tip: The corner rooms have two windows but all the rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kathleen W,
Thank you for such a kind review!
Thank you for your comments about our staff. They work very hard and genuinely care about our guests. I am very proud of them. As I do with all of our guest comments and reviews, I will read this one in our daily meeting. They will be happy to hear your comments.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Frequently stay in downtown Savannah and this was my first time at this accommodation. I made a last minute reservation for the rock n roll marathon weekend and was surprised by the great price (around $120 with tax compared to other hotels in the area for 300+). I have not stayed at a courtyard in some time but it seemed more upscale than I remember, the staff was super friendly, the room was clean, spacious, quiet and the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for a place based on location Its about a 10minute walk to the heart of city market but closer to the civic center and SCAD buildings. Overall I really enjoyed the stay, would consider staying here again. I usually stay closer to the night life but this is an excellent option for those who want to be downtown but not to close to the noises of bars and drunk people outside.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
DerrickGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear TG55667788,
Thank you for the review!
I am glad you were able to stay with us during Rock n Roll! It is a great location and we enjoy having everyone here.
Thank you for the kind remarks about the staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Killingworth, Connecticut
Reviewed November 7, 2013

From the people to the accommodations, this is a great hotel. The people are soooooo nice and helpful. The room was most spacious. The location in the historic district is great. Very close to some excellent restaurants and a reasonable walk to others and attractions. If you go there, you have made a great choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gitdog,
It was great to see your review on TA! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay.

I hope we see you again soon!