“Very nice hotel....”

Ranked #42 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Very nice hotel....”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in August 2013. We booked and pre-paid through Orbitz. The hotel was nice and clean. You do have to valet park ($15 per day) since there is no parking, but we considered that a good thing. They got our car every time we needed it very quickly. Parking is not always easy to find in Savannah. If you decide to walk to all of the squares from this hotel, it would probably take you a good 20-30 minutes . The staff was very nice and helpful! The only complaint we had was all of the holds on our credit card. It took a week for the holds to fall off (not such a good thing if you use a debt/visa card). For the price and location, we would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical Courtyard by Marriott. We stayed in the hotel for two nights. The hotel had a pool and fitness centre. The room was comfortable and quiet. There was a nice bar and breakfast was a reasonable price. Valet parking was average price (no self-parking). We had free WiFi. Very little complaints, except maybe a lack of space and umbrellas by the pool.

• Stayed August 2013
Cartersville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

we stayed at this courtyard 8/16-8/18/13. the location was good, not on river street so not quite so busy but it only took a few minutes to walk down to river street. the price was right in line, and a little cheaper than others. we used the vallet parking ($15/day) so that we could ditch the car and not worry about it all weekend, but there are free/cheap options close by. visitor center is adjacent to hotel and trolly tours across the street. give the distillery a try across the street for dinner or drinks, you won't be disappointed. we paid the extra $5/night for the hotel breakfast and it was well worth it, on weekends it ran until 11am which was great for us - we're not morning folks. food and service were both good. (and much cheaper to pay with room vs at time of dining.) hotel appears to have been updated and we loved the look. we had a standard king and it also had a sofa. it was perfect for the two of us. view was bleh from the 3rd floor overlooking pool, but we didn't care. pool looked ok, but we didn't use it. the only thing i saw that i could consider not so good was the bathroom tile and shower/tub weren't part of the upgrade? the grout looked not dirty but like it needed a good bucket of bleach and a scrub brush (stained) and there was a tiny patch of mold on the ceiling above the shower but neither enough to complain about. water pressure was great! bed was comfy, plenty of linens and pillows (loved the extra linens in the closet for snuggling on the couch). we were able to use our HDMI cable to plug in our tablet and watch netflix. we had a fabulous time in savannh and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa H
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I cannot tell you how much I loved this hotel and especially its staff. I was pre-booked and pre-charged for a different hotel through Hotwire, which I will never do again. However, upon pulling into the Visitors Center parking lot, after a long drive from South Florida, my tire went completely flat! I was traveling with my three children, without my husband. I was completely stranded! I walked accross the street to the trolly tours office; they were unable/unwilling to help me. I called the Firestone down the street; they were unwilling/unable to send someone down the block to help put on the spare. I spotted this Courtyard accross the street, but hesitated going there for help because I wasn't even a hotel guest. They greeted me warmly and asked how they could assist. The Front desk clerk Charles offered to change the tire. He walked accross the street, in 94 degree heat and put on my spare! What a blessing. He said he had sisters and would want someone to do it for them. He never lost his smile, his courtesy, or his spunk.
I promtly returned to the hotel and booked a room for the family. They gave me a great rate because of my hardship situation. They were so accomodating, so kind. Everyone asked how we were holding up throughout our stay. Breakfast was delicious and my kids ate their weight at the buffett! The staff there was also friendly and hard-working, constantly bustling around and refilling coffee, cleaning up, etc. The room was immaculate! Clean and fresh and extremely comfortable. We slept so well and were sad to have to check out. I commented to the Manager that I am in the service business and that I was very impressed with the level of service at the hotel. He was helping out at valet - which I thought was very impressive.
I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeni A
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I will come back too this beautiful city with lots of history very soon. I had a great time. Met a lot of nice people there, most of the cab drivers and trolley drivers are all natives to the area. What a great place to vacation.

Room Tip: Our room was near the pool and the breakfast area and it was very quit .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DerrickGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Diane A,
I am very happy to see that you will be coming back to our wonderful city soon! Thank you very much for writing a review for us and I am glad you enjoyed your time here.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Derrick Pair
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I loved this hotel. The modern decor was beautiful and the location was great. I loved the valet parking and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was beautiful. The fitness center, swimming pool, and hot tub were great. The inside bar/ lounge area was awesome and well kept. The price was also great. I would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for filling out a review and for your nice comments!

The lobby update earlier this year did wonders for the hotel. It really is beautiful! I am glad you enjoyed the fitness center, hot tub and the pool.

I am also pleased that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. We pride ourselves on having great service.

I hope we see you again in the near future,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The facility and the rooms were nicely appointed and very clean. The gym was nice--and very clean as well. The breakfast was quite good and not what you see in some hotels (e.g., rubber scrambled eggs I have seen elsewhere).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Elizabeth R,

Thank you for your time in filling out a review for our hotel! Thank you also for the recommendation! Our staff takes a lot of pride in being helpful and friendly. A great hotel with a touch of Southern Hospitality makes for a great stay here in Savannah.

I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy our gym and our breakfast.

We hope to see you again in the future!