“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #42 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Milan, Tennessee
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our group of 43 stayed here two nights. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The requested "special needs" were met. The staff was very friendly, courteous and attentive. The breakfast was wonderful. There was nothing else one could want on a breakfast menu. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Overall, this was a good visit. The hotel staff were solid: friendly, helpful, and engaging. The location is on the edges of the historic district, but still within walking distance of the river and *very* close to two of the Dot stops (free historic district bus). The room was, basic, but clean. The bed seemed older, but was comfortable. The couch in the room was a bit hard. The biggest downside is that the hotel only has one elevator and it's used for both guests and as the service elevator. This isn't a problem, but it does mean that at some points during the day it can be slow (and it's already a slow elevator). Even so, this is a quibble, and I have no major complaints about my stay.

BONUS: the hotel is across the street from The Distillery, an amazing brewpub!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from MLK.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kayakid
Pamiruru
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel during Christmas 2012 and it was a nice experience for us since it was close enough to walk around town and not have to drive. Breakfast was included. We were given a corner room which had windows in two directions. The bed was comfortable, nice TV and sitting area. The room was good not luxurious but clean and adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is rated a category "5", but having extensive Marriott experience it is NOT a 5, more like a 3, but is ideally located across from the civic center, walking distance to most attactions, very clean and comfortable and yes, we'd stay again. The "5" rating is obviously because of its proximity to the civic center, which is across the street. Parking was $14.00 a day valet with no self parking option. No free breakfast (Courtyards do not usually offer one). But a nice hotel with great folks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We purchased our stay with the Marriott Courtyard with Priceline. Beforehand I called Marrott to request two queens beds since I have two children. The first lady that I talked with at Marriott said she could not edit my request. My priceline receipt states for any special request to contact the hotel directly. I called Marriott back again and I talked to another lady and she said she would put that request in my file. When we arrived to check in I was informed that no queeen rooms were available and they said they would discuss with the manager about getting me two rollaway beds. Normally I would I have not had a problem with this but since I called beforehad my exceptions were let down. The first morning we ate breakfast at the hotel and I thought if the prices of the buffett was $9.95 that it would have to be good. Well I was very wrong. My family spent $40 for breakfast and the eggs and fruit was very low supply and the orange juice was very watery. The hotel also cut off our free wifi early and my husband had to go back to the front desk to reactivate it. Our family mostly stay at the hilton chains and will continue to do so in the future based upon this experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DerrickGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
First let me thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback.
I am very sorry for the issues that occurred. If we committed to a room with two queen beds, you should have followed through with our commitment. I am sorry that was not the case.

Your breakfast experience should have been much better as well.

Please contact me so we can further discuss and correct this.

Derrick Pair
912-790-8287
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of February. At the time, they were doing construction on the front lobby (it might be finished by now) and it was loud. I think it would have been nice to have been told that the hotel was undergoing construction when we booked, but nobody told us that.

The rooms are okay, but nothing to write home about. The beds were comfortable enough, but not great. I've stayed in much more comfortable hotel beds than these. The rooms are getting very dated and if you ask me, they should be spending their money on updating the rooms rather than the lobby - after all you just walk through the lobby. I feel as though there are much nicer places to stay in the area.

The cleanliness of the rooms was just ok. I am super picky about cleanliness, so for people who are not super picky, these rooms might be fine. I just really like to have super clean rooms when I'm away, so even just seeing a hair in the bottom of the shower bothers me. Maybe I just need to lighten up a bit. I have to say that the valet parking attendants are super nice and friendly. Although I didn't like how you must use the valet parking, you have no choice. Unless I misunderstood, you cannot just park your car yourself. So everytime you want to go out with your car, you have to call down and wait for them to pull your car around for you. I'd rather just park my own car and then just have easy access to it whenever I need it.

They do offer free coffee in the lobby, which was nice, but not worth having to listen to the sounds of construction.

I probably would not stay at this hotel again. We were there with another couple and we were only staying for two nights. If we were staying for longer than that, I would have probably suggested we switch to a nicer place. The area is beautiful and there were other hotels that looked much better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 5, 2013

On our way home from a trip to see my in-laws, my husband and I needed a hotel room to stay at. Being a northern girl I always wanted to see and stay in Savannah. This was perfect. We got there pretty late at night, but it was in a district where there were many other hotels right near where were staying.

Let me start with the bad, even though there weren't a whole lot:
1. Not a lot of parking, you either had to street park or use the valet, we opted to use the valet because it was late at night, but you did have to pay additional for that.
2. The area itself is not well lit at night so I did not feel real comfortable going outside, so even though we were close to everything, we decided to drive the next day.
3. The pool was outside, so we were not able to use it.

The positives
1. The staff was so very nice
2. They were prompt on delievering things to our room, like our bags, an extra towels.
3. The bed that we had was very large and extremely comfortable, and after spending all day driving, it was great to have a nice bed to lay down in.
4. Even though there was an event going on, the rooms seemed to be pretty good about keeping excess noise out
5. The internet worked great and was easy to connect to.
6. Close to lots of shopping, and great food!
7. Did not see any major issues with the room and the decor was nice to look at.

We found this hotel as part of a hotwire account so we did not pay full price for the room, but it was great quality for what we paid. If we were back in the area we woul stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple