“Great hotel.”

Ranked #41 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Macomb, Michigan
“Great hotel.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Ultra modern hotel. Rooms very clean. Staff very helpful, especially helping me from out of town. Within the Historic District. Easily within walking distance to many sites and restaurants, and to the riverfront. I wish all Courtyards were like this one. This hotel even had free breakfast during my stay which is rare at Courtyards.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights while visiting Savannah. The hotel was fine, but where it's located was terrible. The hotel is located not far from a steel plant. And the smell that comes from that plant is horrible, especially on cloudy days. The smell was in the hallways, hotel lobby, etc. We had a room that had a balcony, and we couldn't even sit on it because of the horrible smell.

And the "view" from the balconies leave more to be desired. You can't tell from the hotel's pictures on their website, but the courtyard you overlook, actually over looks a vacant parking lot. This is where abandoned cars are parked, and also the hotel employees park there. So, just be prepared for that "view" if you request a balcony room.

Also, there was a group staying at the hotel (something Sons of the Revolution, I think) and they would crowd the hotel lobby constantly. My husband and I couldn't even walk through the lobby because they wouldn't move from standing in the front door of the lobby. I felt sorry for the hotel staff because this group of people were extremely loud, and desk personnel probably couldn't even hear their own thoughts, much less try to communicate with other hotel guests. It was chaos.

Pros:
*Bed was extremely comfortable
*Paul Mitchell hair products in bathroom
*Very clean
*Extremely nice hotel staff
*Concierge in hotel lobby to help with tour/travel/transportation arrangements
*Price was better than other hotels in the historic area, I researched prices for days before committing to this hotel
*Valet was $14 per day, but this is cheaper than many other hotels
*Bar across the street called "The Distillery" was awesome and very convenient for dinner and/or drinks

Cons:
*Location due to smell from steel plant, also not really located in the historic district. You must walk 7-8 blocks to get to the true historic district
*View from balcony is misrepresented by the hotel website
*No refrigerator
*Breakfast was $11.95 per person

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea T, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Savannah and for sharing your review. I will absolutely follow up on the few issues you encountered during your visit with us.

We were thrilled to read how you enjoyed our services and especially our staff. We will celebrate those with our Ambassadors as we do so enjoy when we go above and beyond our guests' expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
New York
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just returned from staying five nights at this hotel and I have nothing bad to say about it. The rooms were good sized, clean and fairly well appointed. The tub drained a little slow and there wasn't a lot lof space near the sink for toiletries but those were minor inconveniences to us. If I had to say one bad thing it's that the location isnt that great. It's not terrible but there are much closer hotels to the "downtown" shopping, eating areas so if that's important to you keep that in mind. Otherwise it was a good value and the last thing I have to say is that the staff, from the manager to the concierge and desk staff, housekeeping, etc were all very friendly, helpful and professional. So if you don't mind a little bit of a walk to most of the attractions this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SGill1125
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Great customer service is certainly an aspect of our hotel that we pride ourselves on and strive to perfect, daily. Thank you again for acknowledging our beautiful hotel and the high level of service that you received while staying with us. We look forward to your return soon!
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Typical Courtyard by Marriott, but the staff was friendlier and more responsive to special requests than other Courtyard locations where we have stayed. Full service breakfast buffet with good variety was included in the rate we paid. However, I am not sure this is typical, so best to ask when booking. Literally across the street from the site of the American Revolution Battle of Savannah site and the Coastal Heritage Society museums.

• Stayed October 2012
Andrea T, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and for your kind words about our hotel and especially team which we are extremely proud of. We so look forward to the pleasure of your stay very soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights.
-valet guy was unwilling to wheel our 5 bags to our room. My husband wheeled up all of our bags on the luggage cart himself! The front desk person actually suggested my husband bring up the bags himself(real nice). My husband was nice enough to wheel the cart back down to the valet & they didn't even say thank you.
-the bathroom was gross. MOLD all over the shower. It was disgusting. I wish I had brought flip flops to wear in the shower.
- The a/c was noisy
- the bed was uncomfortable & the headboard was worn
- the room had a terrible smell
- the lighting in the bathroom was dim
-on their website the claim they are located in the historic district. The location is really on the outskirts of the historic district not in the heart of it like i was expecting. This hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk from river st & city market where all of the bars & restaurants are located.
This hotel was a big disappointment & we will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea T, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide insight into your stay with us. Each and every response you provided is greatly appreciated for its constructiveness and for the assistance it provides to me and the staff to correct any weakness in our service. At the Courtyard Savannah Hotel, we are committed to providing the highest level of service to our guests. And, while we do many things well here, our failure to insure an immediate and friendly service at our valet, as well as the information that would have enhanced your stay in Savannah is inexcusable, but I assure you, is being urgently addressed. I know your next stay with us will reflect the daily improvements we are working diligently to implement. Once again, thank you for taking the time to help us improve!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have been training in Savannah's Historic District, particularly off of Bull Street, and the quality of your staff is excellent and genuine. From the first day I arrived, Sept. 11, 2012 and first meeting your valets, Henry and Damon made me feel extremely, welcomed. Then, Charles and Leonard checked me in. I have been staying here going on 3 weeks. Whether it's sincerely wishing me good morning when I leave, or good evening when I come back, your staff is just excellent, at giving awesome, customer focus and service.

On tonight, after working out a bit too much for two, days straight, I aggravated an over-use injury. I was only going to the front desk to get a snack to settle in for the evening since my evening out was ruined. Charles was not only concerned, but asked Ed if you all had an ice pack in the first aid kit. Ed responded that you all did not have an ice pack, but that he would make me one. I was only there to get a granola bar and turn in for the evening. This was above and beyond what I expected. After making the ice pack, Henry offered to help me up the stairs (I was limping pretty, bad, but it was fine since I was going on the elevator), and Damon offered a wheelchair.

You know, none of this had to happen. They could have just been kind and courteous and went on about their business. However, they "actively" pursued, making sure that as a guest that I was comfortable and ok, no matter what.

I will be here one more week through Oct. 5, 2012. I have only stayed in a couple of hotels in Savannah when I vacation here from Augusta, Georgia. However, I don't have to look any further. My stays in Savannah will be booked at this hotel, going forward, no matter when I stay.

Thanks for such an attentive and excellent staff. The wonderful thing about this is that although I felt appreciated as a customer....they treated all of your guests the same way:)

Your company is very, fortunate to have such a knowledgeable and excellent staff inviting your guests to your business.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. One week, I did stay in room 104. It was a nice, room with the suit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Andrea T, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Courtyard Savannah. We are delighted to learn that you enjoying our hotel’s location and all of the amenities that the Courtyard has to offer. I am also happy to read that our service team overly and above assisted you throughout your stay, especially Charles, Ed, Henry and Damon. We will look forward to your next opportunity to serve you when your travels next bring you to Savannah either on business or pleasure.
titusville
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just returned from a two-night stay at this Courtyard Marriott. I had called the hotel concierge (Diana) prior to my trip, and received excellent advice on tours and restaurants. The Old Savannah Tour Trolley is conveniently located across the street at the Visitor's Center. One of her recommendations (Vic's on the River) became the culinary highlight of our visit. Overall, the hotel staff was all helpful and friendly and we found our room overlooking the courtyard to be both quiet and clean. Either my husband and I were very tired, or the bed was uncharacteristcly comfortable. We both got a sound night's sleep which is not our typical hotel experience. The only negative about the hotel was that we did not receive extra towels as requested when booking the hotel online. (Savannah is still quite humid in Sept. and extra towels are not a luxury when you are showering twice a day!) Speaking of humidity, the lobby keeps fruit-infused ice water available all day, which provides a wonderful respite after being outdoors. Having said all these nice things, I will probably not be a repeat customer. Now that I am more familiar with Savannah, I will probably stay on the river next time as it is closer to the City Market and my favorite restaurants.

Room Tip: If you pay extra for a room overlooking the courtyard, do it for the quiet and not the view. Our roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank s k
DerrickGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments and taking the time to fill out a survey. We take a lot of pride in providing great service and I am glad you found that to be the case while you were here.
I am sorry for the extra towels not being in your room. That should have been taken care of prior to your arrival.
I am also sorry to hear that you will not be coming back to our location. There are options closer to the City Market and River Street but many are not as nice or as well priced as we are. The walk from the hotel is a nice one and pretty short.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope to see you again!
Derrick Pair