“Horrible”

Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah
Ranked #29 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Do you believe in ghosts? Savannah, also known as America's Most Haunted City, is home to a spooky Ghosts & Gravestones tour aboard the Trolley of the Doomed! Join us for the ONLY ghost tour in Savannah to take you to the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace home for a tour of the parlor floor and to learn about some of the paranormal activity in the house. You'll also visit The Perkins & Son's Ships Chandlery. Come aboard if you dare, for an evening excursion through the darker side of America's Most Haunted City.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This tour was horrible. We were expecting a good tour about factual ghost instead all we got was a overpriced spook house. I was extremely disappointed. Do not recommend and will never go again. Bad bad bad!!

1  Thank Brianndia
SavannahTrolleyTours, General Manager at Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

I am sorry that your with us fell short of your expectations. We do have a 100% money back guarantee on all of our tours and attractions which you can easily access in the customer service area of our website.

There are newer reviews for Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was disappointed.. extremely. This city has a lot of charm and old history that could be incredibly interesting for a ghost tour. However, this tour took us to a warehouse and handed out toys so people could measure the presence of spirits. Needless to say, I didn't take one; I just stood around and people watched as it was more fun seeing people's reactions to a beeping/blinking toy as it encountered the presence of ghosts... NOT! I am all about having a good time, but the last stop seemed so fake and cheap that it failed to entertain too. The best part of the tour was seeing the city in the dark. I recommend this company for the day tours, but don't waste your time on this after dark tour. On a positive note - I will say the tour guide sincerely tried his best to entertain us; he had a great personality and was upbeat.

1  Thank Marlo A

Thanks for taking the time to review our tour. I am sorry our tour did not measure up and I will be sure to share your comments with my team so we can improve our product. We do have a 100% money back guarantee which you can easily access from the customer service area of our website.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Loved that we could ride on the bus as I can't walk very far. And we were able to get off the bus at two different locations. The warehouse ghost hunt was incredible--wish I could have stayed for at least an hour. Also got an amazing photo of a spirit in there, which I submitted to their website. My husband--who is so not into this kind of stuff--really enjoyed himself on the tour, especially when we got responses on our K2 meter in the warehouse.

1  Thank WriterLynTampa
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Took a New Years Eve tour and is probably the biggest waste of money I have ever spent for my wife and myself. Tour guide looked the part but stories were scripted and nothing i hadn't read about before visiting Savannah. The warehouse was the ultimate waste of time as they did give a good overview of the murder committed there but the was told they had Infrared sensors at the warehouse and all they had was night vision, emf monitors and Infrared guns (about $30 at Lowes). Would strongly suggest one of the walking tours as this one does not live up to the title given and wish the people giving the tour had the same passion for teaching as the people that pay to be given the information? (BTW, there are no bathroom breaks on the tour)

SavannahTrolleyTours, General Manager at Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

i am terribly sorry to read that you did not enjoy your tour with us. We do back all of our tours and attractions up with a 100% money back guarantee that can be easily accessed from the customer service area of our website.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I know that you advertise a 100% money back guarantee; I am not interested in getting my money back. What I was interested in was taking a ghost tour-I can't get the time I spent refunded, and who knows if and when I will ever return to Savannah.

We did not read the TripAdvisor reviews prior to booking (we got the tickets at the Visitor Center upon arriving), but this writer does not believe that the true nature of this tour was represented accurately at the Visitor Center. Since the terrible reviews outnumber the excellent ones, I would like to make some suggestions.

Firstly, let me qualify this review that stating that I have been on numerous ghost tours, including one (1) in St. Augustine, two (2) in Gettysburg, one (1) in St. Francisville LA @ The Myrtles, one (1) in New Orleans, and three (3) in the midwest. Most of them, with the exception of the hokey one in St. Augustine, were as advertised. None, with the exception of the St. Augustine one, involved folks dressing up and carrying on like desperate actors in an off-off-off Broadway production that was getting ready to close.

1. Driving around after dark is a great idea. With that said, please fix the public address system. The poor guide did her best to communicate, but it was very difficult to understand her as the tour progressed.

2. Advertise this as a reenactment tour. IMHO, if folks know in advance that there will be theatrics and recreations, I think it will be more well received. I think that families with children would be interested in your tour (as the younger kids in our tour kept asking initially if they were going to see ghosts). For those who could suspend disbelief, the ghost finders and the special effects were immediate spirit proof that appealed to the kids. However, for those of us who were looking for something paranormal, these simulations and theatrics were not what we signed on for..

With so many ghost tours competing for tourist dollars, I don't see how you can constantly respond to reviews by informing folks that you will refund their money. Would it not make more business sense to let folks know in advance exactly what they were purchasing?

2  Thank Ann R

I appreciate all of your suggestions regarding our tour and will share it with our advertising team so we can do a better job marketing the tour.

As you know, we do have a 100% money back guarantee that can be found on our website. I do hope you will take advantage of it.