“Tour was good, but after Boston, we expected great.”

Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah
Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah
Ranked #27 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Do you believe in ghosts? Savannah, also known as America's Most Haunted City, is home to a spooky Ghosts & Gravestones tour aboard the Trolley of the Doomed! Join us for the ONLY ghost tour in Savannah to take you to the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace home for a tour of the parlor floor and to learn about some of the paranormal activity in the house. You'll also visit The Perkins & Son's Ships Chandlery. Come aboard if you dare, for an evening excursion through the darker side of America's Most Haunted City.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The real key to a good ghost tour is a guide who is really into it. There is an element of theater here and the guide is the star of the show. Well, Scarlett was a let down. For starters, she didn't give a hoot. If you do give a hoot, you don't stand up in front of the audience and talk about how you won't be doing this much longer and you can't wait to quit. It sort of ruins the show. Granted, she turned on the charm after that, but it was a bit late.

The driver was more entertaining than the guide.... LOL pretty sad. Still, the tour was good enough to rank a 3 star from the adults and a 5 star from the kids so, I gave it a four star here. In one sense, it was riding around in a trolley listening to Scarlett ramble. However, ghost tours are great ways to hear something new about a city. We heard some stories that were new to us and more detail about some that were familiar after our day time tour with the same company.

This brings up a key point. If you do the day and night tour with the same company, you get a discount. Also, we found that my 12 year old counted as a child here, which saved us money. The in person ticket booth met the online price, saving us a few bucks and, for whatever reason, they threw in the 2nd day of daytime trolley rides for free. I really can't complain about pricing.

Still, the ghost tour was not as interesting as our Boston tour with the same company. No night time walk through the cemetery.... a guide who really didn't care.....

Note, there was another guide involved. A guy masquerading as a ghost at a chandelry(?) did an excellent job of telling a few stories. I really enjoyed his little part of the show. He was into it and it showed.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Please don't waste your time and money $26 adult/$10 kid. This is the worst tour. They make you sit in trolley and take you around few blocks and tell you stories about this and that house. Then stop at their bus depot where they tell you story about 3 homicides happened with some mock-up created and ask you to take photos in dark ...some ghost photography ..believe me it is all fake and nothing you see in the photos. Then they take you one old house and tell you made up story and show you some light and sound show to make you feel like it is worth of $26...

Believe me it is not worth at all....
Don't waste time on this TOUR OR ANY OTHER TOUR ..IT IS TOURIST SCAM

SavannahTrolleyTours, General Manager at Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

I am was terribly sorry to read about your experience with our tour. We recently made some changes to the tour to include the Gribble House. I appreciate your feedback and will review your comments with our managers.

In the meantime, we do back all of our tours and attractions back with a 100% money back guarantee which you can easily access by visiting the customer service area of our website.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Choose another tour, this one was terrible! Tour guide was overly dramatic, bus was 17mins late leaving and speakers on the bus were so bad, you couldn't understand half of what was said!

1  Thank Coolgsak
SavannahTrolleyTours, General Manager at Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

I was most disappointed to hear about your experience with our tour but appreciate you letting me know about both the speakers and tardiness of the tour so they can be addressed immediately. We do have a 100% money back guarantee on all of our tours, which you can easily access by visiting the customer service area of our website.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was my first time to Savannah with my gf and I took her on this tour thinking its going to be one great haunted tour! To my surprise it was the crappiest haunted tours EVER! You board the bus and you have a guy talking your ear off for the whole 1 hr 20 minute ride. There is NOTHING haunted to see in this tour. All you have is a bunch of theatrics and who knows made up stories! Waste your money if you want to...id rather save it and do something else!

SavannahTrolleyTours, General Manager at Ghosts and Gravestones of Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I am sorry to hear about your tour experience with us. We do have a 100% money back guarantee on all of our tours and attractions which you can easily access by visiting the customer service area of our website.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was so disappointing. We went as a group from our conference, so we had 26 of us. First our tour guide, Scarlett, was obnoxious and not pleasant to listen to or look at. On the trolley, we kept going around the same things and when we stopped at a warehouse, they had a murder scene hung set up in a corner where Scarlett went through the whole story. Then we boarded for a place where there was a woman that cam out and told of us stories of the sea and she was good if you were intendng to go to the theater, which we were not. Then it was done and so not worth the $26 for each of us and we got a group rate. Save your $30 and go on the Creepy Crawl Pub Tour.

I was sorry to read about your experience on our Ghosts and Gravestones tour. I am sorry you felt it was not worth the money you paid. We do have a 100% money back guarantee on all of our tour products which you can easily access by visiting the customer service area of our website.