“Loved Shannon Scott!”

Bonaventure Cemetery Journeys w/ Shannon Scott
Ranked #15 of 163 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tour the South's most illustrious, Victorian Cemetery with 29 year, resident storyteller, Shannon Scott or one of his other premium story hosts! Bonaventure is home to poets, songwriters, actors, artists, industrialists, duelists, Confederates, and every life story under one sunny cemetery! Fans of Secret Societies like The Freemasons won't be disappointed either as Bonaventure is imprinted everywhere with their emblems! See Little Gracie, Johnny Mercer, Conrad Aiken, Noble Jones and more! Fans of "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil?" Get close to the characters! Talk about a personal & impacting day out! Inquire about Historic District Hotel Transportation!
Reviewed February 22, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I went to Savannah for the first time recently to celebrate our anniversary/my birthday. Went onto Groupon to get some ideas/discounts on some tours. I was able to purchase a tour with Shannon Scott for the After Hours Bonaventure Cemetery Tour, however I didn't read the small print which stated that I had to make reservations at least 7 days in advance. By the time I actually saw the small print it was 2 days away from the date that I wanted to book it. I quickly sent off an email (the only way to get in touch with him) hoping he'd respond. By the end of the night I had an email back from him letting me know that he was sold out for the After hour tour but that I could use my Groupon towards a regular 2 1/2 tour on Saturday.
Shannon showed up right on time and let me tell you, he never stopped from the beginning to the end ( which was closer to 3 hours). What a great historian and story teller! We would recommend booking any one of his tours- he is a great wealth of knowledge on anything Savannah!

1  Thank Beth C
"two hours"
in 30 reviews
"hour tour"
in 28 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 28 reviews
in 13 reviews
"walking tour"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed February 21, 2015

If you want to learn the history of a place, take a tour. If you want to learn the history of the individuals of that place, take a cemetery tour. But only if your tour guide is informed, entertaining, and loves what he does. Shannon Scott is just such a guide who loves to share his knowledge of the unique individuals of Savannah and their intriguing backgrounds. He has researched the 'residents' of Bonaventure Cemetary and imparts intriguing facts, often with humour. Be prepared to walk and stand for 2 1/2 hrs. No sitting. If taking the after hours tour bring a small flashlight. Our GPS couldn't find Bonaventure Cemetary for some reason but it could find the Bonaventure Funeral Home which is right by the cemetery. Others on the tour we took had taken it before and they said this tour was different from the last. Not sure if that's always the case but I wouldn't have a problem taking the tour again even if it was the same. Enjoy the life oaks dripping with moss before the sun sets and enjoy Shannon Scott and his stories as you walk these fascinating grounds. Btw, I wouldn't take young, impressionable children. Some facts are a bit gruesome.

Reviewed February 16, 2015

My wife and I have lived in Savannah for 10 years and have really tried to learn as much about the city as possible. We've read historical narratives, non-fiction and fictional novels and biographies. We've been on ghost tours and fort tours and all kinds of festivals throughout the city and surrounding counties. We've been to every museum and visited every square, park and house tour. I really thought we had become experts! I was wrong.
Shannon really opened our eyes to a different kind of history. One of success, wealth, passion, and murder. The families, secret societies and odd nature of Savannians in the 20th century. We really enjoyed the experience and the tour instantly rekindled a spark that we moved here with so many years ago after reading "The Book". Great tour!

2  Thank Sammer B