“One of the Highlights of our Trip”

Bonaventure Cemetery Journeys w/ Shannon Scott
Bonaventure Cemetery After Hours Tour
Ranked #9 of 146 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tour the South's most illustrious, Victorian Cemetery with 29 year, resident storyteller, Shannon Scott or one of his other premium story hosts! Bonaventure is home to poets, songwriters, actors, artists, industrialists, duelists, Confederates, and every life story under one sunny cemetery! Fans of Secret Societies like The Freemasons won't be disappointed either as Bonaventure is imprinted everywhere with their emblems! See Little Gracie, Johnny Mercer, Conrad Aiken, Noble Jones and more! Fans of "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil?" Get close to the characters! Talk about a personal & impacting day out! Inquire about Historic District Hotel Transportation!
Reviewed June 20, 2013

So much fun. Informative and entertaining. Shannon shared great personal and historical stories about the cemetery and his life in Savannah. When I visit the city again, this tour will definitely be on my to do list!

1  Thank shelligo

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I absolutely LOVED this tour! Shannon knows his Savannah history and he truly is a storyteller. I love going through old cemeteries anyway, but having someone to tell you the stories behind the headstones made it so much better. I had so much fun listening to Shannon that I didn't want this tour to end. I came back home telling everyone about the interesting stories we heard.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I have different opinions about this tour. I have meet him in the middle and we decided on a three. We have been on may tours and we were very excited about this one because it was all about history, no ghosts. I will have to tell you that the guide does know about the history of this resting place, but reminded me of someone who was going to pull out a white rabbit at any time. My husband came home and started going behind him looking up some of the stories. Also, if you have a group, you should wait for everyone to get to the next site BEFORE you start telling the next story. If time is an issue than you should try to work that in when conducting a large group.

I believe the cemetery could have spoken for itself and the stories should flow without patting yourself on the back.It is not a bad tour and some of the stories were interesting, but it just was not for us. I have read similar reviews on here, but the last few were so good? The title of this tour company should just be " Bonaventure Journey's " the extra name just said it all.

SScottTours, Owner at Bonaventure Cemetery Journeys w/ Shannon Scott, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your candid, and very fair minded review of what I do. I'll meet you in the middle and say that I don't recollect everything about the evening you attended, but there are lots of variables to conducting the After Hours, and sometimes some of the behind-the-scenes affects the live show as it were. Hard to say. Sometimes as the tour is arriving to a spot, I will talk to guests, but not tell a whole story. If you felt I was leaving you out, I certainly didn't mean too. Not sure how to address your magician comments however. As to patting myself on the back? Well, I am the performer and the cemetery although speaks for itself, I don't think that's what people are paying me to do. As to your interpretation? Might just come down to me having an odd night or we just have differing artistic preferences. The company name incidentally, is about product confusion. I owned a company of a similar title, sold it, but they still operate and its a constant issue. Hope to nail it for you next time, or come out for one of my daytime private tours where there isn't so much pressure.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The tour, hosted by Shannon Scott, was extremely well done. His presentation of facts with personal details about the person or family and their place in history was great. He brought the people 'to life' in a thorough and entertaining fashion. Highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Did a tour with Scott (see other review) and it was fantastic. There is something about the history, layout, design and the many amazing people who are buried here that make it an incredible cemetery to visit and explore.