“Insiders view of Bonaventure Cemetary”

Bonaventure Cemetery Journeys w/ Shannon Scott
Bonaventure Cemetery After Hours Tour
Ranked #7 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tour the South's most illustrious, Victorian Cemetery with 29 year, resident storyteller, Shannon Scott or one of his other premium story hosts! Bonaventure is home to poets, songwriters, actors, artists, industrialists, duelists, Confederates, and every life story under one sunny cemetery! Fans of Secret Societies like The Freemasons won't be disappointed either as Bonaventure is imprinted everywhere with their emblems! See Little Gracie, Johnny Mercer, Conrad Aiken, Noble Jones and more! Fans of "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil?" Get close to the characters! Talk about a personal & impacting day out! Inquire about Historic District Hotel Transportation!
Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you are looking for your typical "ghost tour", this is not for you. This Shannon Scott shares an evening of tales about some of the more interesting residents of Bonaventure. These are not tales to spook you, but rather to give you an understanding of who they were while alive and what might be special about their resting place. Enjoy the many magnificent carved monuments on this leisurely two hour stroll- just beware of tree roots in the darkness. A flashlight is highly advisable.

SScottTours, Owner at Bonaventure Cemetery Journeys w/ Shannon Scott, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

What a nice surprise to read this today Eileen and thank you. I think I remember you catching that root in the path when you were next to me and sorry about that one! Appreciate you making it known that this isn't a ghost tour either as its easy for people to confuse it for one. Glad you had a good time and hope you'll continue to particpate in my events and other endeavors. Remember there is a Bonaventure Official page on Facebook and my Historic Savannah Tour App is out on the Google Play and Apple Stores. Always trying to make what I do interesting for people as time goes by!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Shannon Scott loves history and loves to share his knowledge of the Bonaventure Cemetery denizens. The tour is well organized, began on time and was chock full of information. It is a very full and entertaining two hours. The walking is not strenuous but there aren't many places to sit so be prepared to be on your feet the entire time. The stories are very interesting and it's obvious that Mr. Scott loves doing this work. He still continues to research the people and events and gives you tidbits that you won't hear on the usual tours in the historic district. Although this was an after-hours tour, it is not a ghost tour. It is just a different perspective to see the cemetery at night. I highly recommend this or any other tour by Shannon Scott. We will definitely be taking another one by him the next time we are in Savannah.

1  Thank Shaunda A

Awe, Shaunda, your words music to a storyteller's ear! I also think its the first time a reviewer has used the word denzien in all the years I've been doing this so thank you for being vocab impressive in your obviously heart felt review! I now feel rewarded twice by your presence! Hope to see you on the official Facebook page and that you might check out my Historic Savannah Tour App in Google and the Apple Stores!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Loved Bonaventure Afterhours tour. Shannon Scott is a great tour guide/story teller and has done his homework on the residents and history of the cemetery!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

May I start with, I adore Savannah GA. Every trip is a new adventure. This particular adventure was all about the movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil with alot of Johnny Mercer as a diversion. We booked a tour of the Bonaventure Cemetery after dark with a gentleman named Shannon Scott. I'm not a big fan of guided tours. I find they are either too short if it holds my interest or too long if it doesn't. This tour proved the too short, and with that I believe there would never be enough time spent with this wonderful storyteller. Shannon Scott is by far the most knowledgeable, interesting, entertaining and in my opinon advocate for headstones I've encountered. I tend to fall away from the crowd when touring, but, Shannon's descriptions and collections of "data' kept me close by. Shannon definitely left me more curious and wanting more by the end of the tour. If you are a lover of history, cemeteries and engaging storytelling, don't hestitate to book with Shannon Scott's tour of Bonaventure Cemetery.

3  Thank Yankeeb50
Reviewed February 12, 2013

A number of my family members are buried in Bonaventure, so I thought I knew a lot about the people's histories, but Shannon presented intrresting info that anyone would enjoy with a great voice. I loved it and the others with me did also. I will do the tour again when we go back to Savannah to visit. Love the fact that the cemetery is clean and still preserves the historical 'feel'. Would love to have the Bird Girl back.

1  Thank askdeanie