“Great Naan..but no consistency in the food they serve”

Pakwan Indian Cuisine
Ranked #163 of 904 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Indian
Description: We are a family-owned authentic north Indian restaurant in Savannah, GA. We have served thousands of clients over 7 years, refining our family based recipes to renowned Indian dishes. We serve organic, fresh food and have a diverse selection of Vegan, Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian options. Furthermore for those that are new to Indian Cuisine, we have a lunch buffet every day of the week that allows one to get acquainted to our food prior to coming in for a dinner experience. Our motto is "See you tomorrow!"
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place serves great fresh Naan. However they do not prepare consistent food. I understand that if you order the same dish twice in the same visit there might be a little different but not to the extent these guys serve. Do not order biryani, as they do not know how to cook it.

1  Thank ManasSingh

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great indian food. We have our favorite Indian restaurant at home and Pakwan is very close. The food was very tasty and fresh. And the service was great. Will certainly go back when I visit Savannah.

3  Thank MamaLisaB
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I ordered out from Pakwan on Easter Sunday during our stay in Savannah last week of March 2013. I ordered the simplest item on the menu as it is quicker to make and easier to eat in the hotel room with a plastic fork without making a mess. I ordered a vegetable biryani. Anyone who has tried Indian food, especially biryani, knows that it is the flavorful aroma, and an exquisite blend of dry fruits and vegetable (or meat) that defines a biryani. But to my disappointment, what I got from Pakwan was nothing more than an overpriced colored fried rice with no aroma, no taste and a few pieces of cashews, carrots and cauliflower packed in the container. Biryani is one of the easiest things to make these days for anyone as you can buy the Biryani spices (blended and ready to use) from any Indian store. So am not sure what was the complication here, or they were just playing cheap knowing most of the people eating in are tourists and will not visit again. I was hungry, tired and was looking forward to a warm Indian meal and as I said I was thoroughly dissappointed. My husband got a better deal by just picking up his dinner at McDonalds for less than half the price. It was a rip off and will suggest staying away. There are a lot of choices on Abercorn street where you will find better food and value for your money, whether it is a pickup or dine-in.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hi,
While traveling to Orlando, we were hungry and passing by Savannah. Just asked my wife to check in any Indian restaurant near by and Pakwan suprised me. I ordered for take out and Panner Makhani was great. Though I found it was bit costly but tasty too.
I would surely like to go back on my return trip.

3  Thank PranavBansal
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The only bad thing about this place is that they didnt have a child's menu. we asked a lot of questions and our server wasnt very knowledgeable, and seemingly nervous but over all he was good, and tried to help as much as possible. I am not a fan of spicy so when I explained that he brought someone else over to help me, what I order came before way before the rest of my tables food which was a bit upsetting to me because they had to sit there and watch me eat until they got their food. but it was pretty good over all for our 1st time. even low spice was pretty spicy for me. but they tried and that's all i cared about.

4  Thank VeroTheGoddess