“Will return”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Georgia
“Will return”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I booked this hotel through Priceline, so I only paid $99.00, of course with the additional "resort fee" they always stick you with, it added another $20.00 to bill. So be warned if you book through a third party. The hotel is clean and nice. Very quiet the entire trip, even with large functions going on. You have to ride the ferry boat to get to everything, which with only one running, can be time consuming. I would definitely recommend here and will return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
WestinSav, Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Thank you for recommending our resort! We have found it is more convenient for our guests to lump the resort fee costs together, instead of having a fee every time a guest would like to take advantage of what the resort fee includes which is; complimentary parking for all of our hotel guests, as well as use of the tennis facility, newspapers, high speed internet, local telephone calls, use of the putting & chipping green, driving range and more. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and truly look forward to having you return in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My family just visited Savannah for the frist time and stayed at the best hotel in city! This hotel is too beautiful for words, clean, friendly staff, awesome pool... the list goes on and on. It's a great hotel for families and couples. The ferry rides across the river into downtown is great and the view from across the river is beautiful. We had a wonderful time and will be back next summer!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! It is so great to hear you enjoyed your time in Savannah and at our resort so much! It is wonderful you enjoyed our recently renovated hotel and pool and our amazing staff! It is reviews such as yours that continues our determination to make each guests stay more memorable and enjoyable. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you back in the future!
NY Metro area
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Disclaimer: we were guest of the hotel as part of a 1200 mile road trip for TravelingMom.com so I cannot comment on value. However, I can tell you that my tweens & teen said staying there was a highlight of their summer. Both boys golfed. My 10 y/o and a friend were accompanied by the junior pro and my teen went out alone. My daughter and I enjoyed mom & me time at the spa. I got a Rollersage massage which I thought would be gimmicky but actually relieved the shoulder pain I had been having (too much driving). Food was great. We had space. Lots of it. Two rooms that connected with a living room - more extravagance than I would have bought on my own but so enjoyable. Complaint: Not enough time to look for Bob, the 3-legged alligator or any of the other kid programs. We will return!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your review- it is wonderful to hear that your stay with us was so pleasurable and the highlight of your children’s summer! I am also pleased to hear you were able to experience our brand new spa and the unique service, Rollerssage, found only in our Heavenly Spas! It is great the boy’s were able to experience the 18-Hole Robert Cupp / Sam Snead Championship Golf Course, which is also the Home of the PGA TOUR's Champions Tour Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf. Everyday we strive to make sure activities are available to all of our guests to make more memorable stays. We truly look forward to your next visit with us!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My family wanted to treat ourselves for the 4th of July holiday - It took me three attempts to successfully make my reservation – the first 2 attempts were over the phone. When I called the local hotel number, I barely understood the front desk’s opening comment. When I said was looking to book a room, all I heard was a click and I was transferred. After 15 minutes of being on hold, I was disconnected. I called back and was transferred in the same method again, but I did not wait for the reservation line to connect, I simply called back and asked if there were any rooms available and was informed that the hotel was booked 100%. I should have gotten the hint then...

I checked on line and was able to book 2 river view king sized rooms. I received a confirmation email immediately, however I felt the need to call and confirm 3 days prior to my trip. When I called, I spoke to a representative from reservations and she confirmed that we had 2 rooms with king sized beds and that she had made a note to add a portable crib and have the rooms adjacent to each other. I called the hotel the night before our trip to confirm that we had the portable crib and request a microwave – unfortunately no microwave was available, but we again received confirmation that our rooms were set and that a note was made about the adjacent request. We specifically asked and were informed by the hotel service desk that we could see the 4th of July fireworks from the river view rooms.

When my family arrived at the hotel, we were informed that we had a king size room and a double bed room. Apparently, the reservation was changed on our behalf due to the note to have the rooms adjacent. I was not informed nor asked to prioritize the size of the bed or the adjacent rooms. A supervisor credited us $100 and $20 or so off the golf view room and we continued on with our vacation.

The remaining of the trip was fine, except for the fact that on the big day, we COULD NOT see the fireworks from our room. This was a HUGE disappointment as we were unable to go outside (baby and post surgery recovering guest) – which was the reason we called to ensure that the room had a firework view.

All in all, the hotel is nice. However, for the price and customer service, I would rather spend my money elsewhere - like the Marriott or the Hyatt.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
WestinSav, Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Thank you for your generous and detailed feedback. In our pursuit to make every effort to ensure each guest has a memorable experience, it is always helpful to have feedback such as yours to assist us in pinpointing areas we may need to refocus on. We are confident on your next stay you will be impressed by the changes made due to you taking time to share your experience. Thank you again for your honest and useful comments.
tampa, florida
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I was a little nervous before checking in due to the negative reviews I had read. I was very critical about every experience. Fortunately, everything exceeded our expectations. After a long drive, we arrived at the hotel much earlier than the check-in time. We didn't expect to get a room, but they checked us in right away without any trouble. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and polite and did not seem to mind that we were both in our road trip attire. The room was very spacious and even the golf course view was lovely. I am definitely a hotel bed snob and this one was just as heavenly as advertised.

I was also nervous about its location on the other side of the river, but the water taxi was pleasant enough. It's a little frustrating to wait for when you're anxious to hit the town or grab a bite--and the alternative of driving and looking for parking is just as frustrating. But for a short wknd visit, it wasn't bad at all. Had I stayed in town for 4 or 5 days, I definitely think I would've been more frustrated with that.

Overall, it was a great price and a great experience. I hope to stay there next time we visit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to hear you were pleased with your stay with us. We are lucky to have wonderful staff that genuinely cares for our guests and their needs. It is wonderful to your hear your overall experience with us was great and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Savannah!
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2010

It was a pleasure to stay at this wonderful, recently renovated hotel. Both of our adjoining rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Service was first rate. The pool was on the river front allowing for a view of historical Savannah as the ships passed by. Convenient to all of the sites via the free ferry between the hotel and dock on River Street which is within walking distance of restaurants, shops, parks and old Savannah homes. During this vacation my family stayed at 3 different hotels in 3 different cities and this property was our favorite.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the recent hotel and pool renovations. The ferry is a wonderful convenience for our guests to get downtown easily and back to our beautiful resort. We look forward to having you back in the future!
Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Upon arrival to this hotel we were TOLD what we had to do and where we HAD to park our vehicle. Front desk was short staffed with just the manager and a line to check in. Then upon parking our vehicle the staff told us what the requirements were to take luggage up to the room. I didn't realize that my luggage was now the responsibility of the hotel staff. Had to contact the desk again due to the key machine not working to be able to park our car in their gated parking lot. The room is nice and the pool looks enjoyable with a great view of Savannah. Don't come here if you are looking for good service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel facility after its 10 million dollar renovation completed last year as well as the pool which was just recently renovated. I am truly sorry you experienced issues upon arrival to our resort. We always appreciate constructive feedback and we look forward to having you back in the future.