2,233 results
All reviewsacross the riverfree ferryresort feeaqua starferry rideferry servicemidnight sunwater ferryheavenly bedriver streetconvention centerbeautiful resortruns every minuteshutchinson islanda river view roomhigh floorself parking
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Came for a medical conference. Stay started nicely being given a riverfront room. The room seemed nice but had a few issues. There were black marks on both bed's white comforters. There were things on the ground in the hallway on the 10th floor. One was a white wire hanger that I watch two staff members walk by and not pick up. It was in the hall for 24 hours. We ran out of toilet paper so I called the front desk. After ONE hour I called again and said I really needed some paper it showed up 10 mins later. I understand being busy but over an hour wait when you have to go to the bathroom is way too long especially since I told the lady I was totally out and really needed some. Room service young man was very nice. Sorry I can't remember his name. African American working around 8 pm on March 25. My internet code stopped working on March 29. I went to the front desk and there was nobody working I waited for a few minutes and then walked across the lobby to the concierge desk. A nice young man tried to assist me and we walked back over to the front desk. He opened the door on the side of the front desk and I could hear him talking to the front desk clerk that was sitting back there. She was absolutely no help at all and did not even offer to come out and assist me. He was very apologetic and told me to check back in an hour and my conference should have a new Internet code. However this was not his job and the person the front desk should've been doing. Overall I think the property is lacking in detail especially when it comes to picking up in the halls. It's not pleasant to have to walk past the same trash in the halls especially when you've seen staff that could very easily picked up these halls. And aside from the lady that checked me in the front desk I think the front desk staff is lacking especially whoever was working Saturday morning around 6:45 AM on March 29.

Room Tip: Riverfront room!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I greatly appreciate your feedback in regard to Housekeeping, our Front Desk service and attention to detail. We will use your review to improve. We hope to welcome you back one day and restore your faith in our property.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our family of 4 spent a few days enjoying Savannah and staying at the Westin during Spring Break. We enjoyed the convenience of the water taxi, the friendly,efficient staff, and of course, the beautiful hotel. We had a great time by the pool with excellent views of the city and enjoyed seeing the huge ships going up and down the river.

Room Tip: We had a golf course view room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Joy,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated that you enjoyed the service, water ferry, pool and views. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Staff very professional and friendly from time you enter the door. Rooms clean spacious, great view over river. Beds very comfortable. My favorite is fact you can rent new balance shoes, socks, top and bottom for exercise for $5.00 a day. Gym is a walk away or if need with shuttle. Gym equipment is good but could use more treadmills etc very small gym in golf course club house. Ferry is very close to get to riverside where all shops restaurants etc etc are. Cassandra gives excellent service with making reservations for dinner etc.

Room Tip: Ask river front
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandikayeb

Dear Sandi,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that you were able to use our unique Westin Gear Lending Program! Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We traveled to Savannah for a conference my wife was attending at the Hyatt across the river. We choose to come a day earlier but the Hyatt's non conference Saturday night room rate was insane. It was'nt peak tourist season so we got a great deal. We booked one night here and would have loved to stay here for the duration of our visit. Both may be the simular star levels but there is no eqaul comparison. The Westin has such a beautiful lobby, the rooms were very nice and keep in good repair. Our room had a small refigerator for our store bought snacks. The rooms were quiet and we had a great view of the river, large pool and hot tub all along the river front. We had complementary white robes to ware down to the hot tub at night. Very cool. The water ferry that takes to the otherside of the river was prompt and comes with the additional room fees. I suggest you take advantage of it as you are going to pay for it anyway. All the staff was very nice. As a bonus while in downtown Savannah, you are able buy at their bar or mix a cocktail in your room and then take it in a plastic cup with you on the ferry and even anywhere in the downtown district. They do offer self parking just a short walk around the buildings corner or you can valet. Your wallet, your choice, however its also part of the fee so I self parked. We did not eat at the restraunt, or play golf but both looked very nice. Super classy hotel, you will feel like a rock star here.

Room Tip: We choose to overlook the river and pool vs. the golf course and were very happy
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Dave,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. The Savannah To-Go cup policy is indeed a unique feature to Savannah and I am delighted that you were able to partake! Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return and hopefully you can spend a little time in Aqua Star Seafood Kitchen and at our beautiful golf course.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel is really beautiful. The rooms were very nice, clean, and modern. The staff was pleasant and accomodating. You have a little fridge in the riverfront rooms, which is nice. We rented two adjoining rooms for St. Patrick's Day weekend. I was very pleased with the grounds and how easy it was to drive to the hotel on a busy weekend. The valet parking is not worth it, in my opinion, because the self parking is very close and is included in the hotel fee. We also ate at their restaurant, which was very good and not too badly priced. My only complaint is because of the water taxi that takes you across the river. It was St. Patrick's Day weekend, so lines are expected; however, the line for the water taxi was sometimes more than an hours wait. We had a large group, so this really hindered meeting up with folks who woke up at different times, etc. Also, we had read that the water taxi was going to continue to 2am because of the holiday weekend, which was not true. The water taxi stops at midnight, and the line at midnight to get on the boat is ridiculous. Instead, we had to take a regular taxi home and it cost 35$. I think that this is a lovely hotel for a family that isn't going to use the night life and/or for any other weekend than St. Patrick's Day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank uncwmel10

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide a positive experience for you during Savannah's St. Patty's Day Festivities. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.