2,233 results
All reviewsacross the riverfree ferryresort feeaqua starferry rideferry servicemidnight sunwater ferryheavenly bedriver streetconvention centerbeautiful resortruns every minuteshutchinson islanda river view roomhigh floorself parking
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed at the Westin Savannah Harbor last week for a conference. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. The rooms were clean and the view of downtown Savannah was awesome. We were on the other side of the river and had to take a ferry across to reach the historic part. The Ferry would run about every 20 minutes and stopped running at midnight. If I went back to Savannah I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that we were able to make a positive and memorable service experience for you. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to our lovely city.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This place just falls slightly short of being a great place. The hotel is on an island that sits in the river across from the town. On the island is a golf course managed by Troon Golf, a convention center, a race course (where they were racing Lamborghinis), and a housing development in progress. To get into Savannah proper, ferries run every 30 minutes that stop at the Westin, Marriott and the Hyatt, free.
We rented a car and drove from the airport (20 minute drive), parked ourselves. There is valet parking which we did not use and they say that they charge for parking, but they didn't, which was very nice. The gate was always up and parking was no problem.
The golf course, spa and workout center is in another building away from the hotel. You must take a shuttle (free) to get there (or short walk, or free bike). We did not use the spa, but the workout center is typical hotel except for the universal machines, which although functional were old and clunky, rusty even. The golf course was in medium shape ... early season in March and after some rain ... fairways were a mess but the greens were really good.
The room was typical hotel, mostly clean except: slight ring around the sink drain, sink drain did not drain properly, fingerprints and dirt around the edges of the mirror, slight mold above the mirror on the wall, only one robe provided had a smudge, sheet had a smudge. Small stuff, but enough to be noticeable. Free coffee/tea provided, free one bottle of water provided. Ironing board and iron.
Inside hotel is a restaurant which was very good and a whiskey bar. Now, this one thing really bothered me: wife ordered Irish Coffee and cocktail was brought in a paper Starbucks cup!!? Staff training issue there.
Staff overall, friendly and helpful. All in all, a nice place, but not great.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator ... Savannah is a party town and folks piling in late are not quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Zed,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that we were able to make a positive and memorable experience for you. I greatly appreciate your feedback in regard to the WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio machines and the service in Midnight Sun Bourbon & Chocolate Lounge. We will use your feedback to improve. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to our lovely city.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Westin lives up to its name. The hotel and pool are perfect. View across the river to Savannah is great, but that is the only drawback. It is a boat ride across the river from the city itself. Not a bad ride, it is complimentary. It sits by itself on the other side of the river away from all the action. If that s what you are looking for or are a golfer, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: you want river/ city view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that we were able to make such a positive and memorable impression. We like to say that we are not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to our lovely city.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel/resort is a perfect place for a weekend away. You have a great view of the Savannah River and are only a complimentary ferry ride away from River Street and all of the Historic District of Savannah. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean and spacious. Would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated to hear that we were able to make such a positive and memorable Five Star impression. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to our lovely city.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stay in Savannah often for business. I have never had such a problem with reservations. I was constantly directed to the wrong personnel. I was told they would call me back urgently to make a reservation and did not receive a call until the following day. I went through 5 people before they informed me that my promised room was now unavailable. WOW. Every other Savannah hotel experience has been exceedingly better and I'm not even there yet.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Brooke,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to meet your service expectations and accommodate your requests. The experiences you describe are certainly out of character for the Resort and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We will use your comments to improve and take immediate action. We hope to welcome you back and restore your faith in our property.

Be Well,