2,233 results
All reviewsacross the riverfree ferryresort feeaqua starferry rideferry servicemidnight sunwater ferryheavenly bedriver streetconvention centerbeautiful resortruns every minuteshutchinson islanda river view roomhigh floorself parking
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stay in Savannah often for business. I have never had such a problem with reservations. I was constantly directed to the wrong personnel. I was told they would call me back urgently to make a reservation and did not receive a call until the following day. I went through 5 people before they informed me that my promised room was now unavailable. WOW. Every other Savannah hotel experience has been exceedingly better and I'm not even there yet.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Brooke,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to meet your service expectations and accommodate your requests. The experiences you describe are certainly out of character for the Resort and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We will use your comments to improve and take immediate action. We hope to welcome you back and restore your faith in our property.

Be Well,

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

This is our second time staying at this hotel. We love it. Very nice, great atmosphere, and we live traveling across the river in the boat. Check in was the only downfall. This time and last we stood in line for almost 20 minutes to check in. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated to hear that we were able to make such a positive and memorable Five Star Experience. I appreciate your feedback in regard to the line at check in and we will use your comments to improve. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to our lovely city.

BE WELL,

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Don't let the ferry concept scare you.This location was perfect.We like
to walk and explore and had no issues.Purchased off Price Line for $109 per night (Thur.and Fri) The person checking us in gave us a water view on the 12th floor and waived the resort fee when I signed up for the rewards program.Would come back again.We did drink at the bar and had coffee at the Starbucks.Both were good experiences.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank randeeroma

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated to hear that we were able to make a Five Star Experience for you. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

BE
WELL,

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Truly enjoyed my three days at the Westin. First, the bed of course is exquisite! The "Heavenly Bed" certainly has earned its reputation for lusciousness. The staff were all wonderful. Pool area looked so inviting (though the weather did NOT cooperate for this trip). We did enjoy all of the amenities there: restaurant, spa, hot tub, etc. And it was fun taking the water taxi for a super fast trip across the water to the main tourist spots in Savannah. TRY IT!

Room Tip: Select one that faces the water so you can see the barges go by.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated to hear that we were able to make such a positive and memorable Five Star Experience. The Heavenly Bed and the free Savannah Belle's Ferry are certainly stellar features. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

BE WELL,

Reviewed March 7, 2014

On 28 Feb, I attended the wedding of a close friend and was appalled at the poor service and completely unsatisfactory manner in which the event was supported by the Westin Savannah staff. I have stayed at many Westin/Starwood properties and have always been impressed -- until last weekend. I have never seen them drop the ball on so many levels and on such a large scale. Many guests from out of town complained that they had confirmed reservations that were not honored. Their rooms were double booked and they had to stay at another hotel. It was a large wedding (140+ guests) and I was told that six months of planning went into the event. Despite the long months of prior detailed coordination, the Westin staff performed as if they were completely unprepared. There were not enough wait staff assigned to properly serve that many guests. Even worse, the wait staff seemed very inexperienced, disorganized, and were clearly inept at their duties. They served the dinner courses improperly, took up plates before many of the guests had finished their meals, removed new cocktails and beverages from the tables anytime a guest left their seat (guests would return from the restroom or dance floor only to find their place had been cleared), and ruined the bride's cake/dessert service by dumping hacked-up pieces of cake onto plates. There was a buffet brunch scheduled for the next morining that was scheduled to be open from 11:00-2:00. I arrived at noon only to find that there was no breakfast left on the buffet line! When I asked a waitress what was going on, she replied "Food's gone. They ate it all." I could go on but I'm tired of typing... Bottom line, I definitey DO NOT recommend this hotel for weddings!

Room Tip: Definitely reserve a room with a river view. It was the best part of my stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Frank J

Dear Frank,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to meet your service expectations and accommodate your groups requests. We will use your comments to improve by taking immediate action. We hope to welcome you back and restore your faith in our property.

Be Well,