2,233 results
All reviewsacross the riverfree ferryresort feeaqua starferry rideferry servicemidnight sunwater ferryheavenly bedriver streetconvention centerbeautiful resortruns every minuteshutchinson islanda river view roomhigh floorself parking
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Truly enjoyed my three days at the Westin. First, the bed of course is exquisite! The "Heavenly Bed" certainly has earned its reputation for lusciousness. The staff were all wonderful. Pool area looked so inviting (though the weather did NOT cooperate for this trip). We did enjoy all of the amenities there: restaurant, spa, hot tub, etc. And it was fun taking the water taxi for a super fast trip across the water to the main tourist spots in Savannah. TRY IT!

Room Tip: Select one that faces the water so you can see the barges go by.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated to hear that we were able to make such a positive and memorable Five Star Experience. The Heavenly Bed and the free Savannah Belle's Ferry are certainly stellar features. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

On 28 Feb, I attended the wedding of a close friend and was appalled at the poor service and completely unsatisfactory manner in which the event was supported by the Westin Savannah staff. I have stayed at many Westin/Starwood properties and have always been impressed -- until last weekend. I have never seen them drop the ball on so many levels and on such a large scale. Many guests from out of town complained that they had confirmed reservations that were not honored. Their rooms were double booked and they had to stay at another hotel. It was a large wedding (140+ guests) and I was told that six months of planning went into the event. Despite the long months of prior detailed coordination, the Westin staff performed as if they were completely unprepared. There were not enough wait staff assigned to properly serve that many guests. Even worse, the wait staff seemed very inexperienced, disorganized, and were clearly inept at their duties. They served the dinner courses improperly, took up plates before many of the guests had finished their meals, removed new cocktails and beverages from the tables anytime a guest left their seat (guests would return from the restroom or dance floor only to find their place had been cleared), and ruined the bride's cake/dessert service by dumping hacked-up pieces of cake onto plates. There was a buffet brunch scheduled for the next morining that was scheduled to be open from 11:00-2:00. I arrived at noon only to find that there was no breakfast left on the buffet line! When I asked a waitress what was going on, she replied "Food's gone. They ate it all." I could go on but I'm tired of typing... Bottom line, I definitey DO NOT recommend this hotel for weddings!

Room Tip: Definitely reserve a room with a river view. It was the best part of my stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Frank J
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Frank,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to meet your service expectations and accommodate your groups requests. We will use your comments to improve by taking immediate action. We hope to welcome you back and restore your faith in our property.

Be Well,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at the Westin in Savannah. The room was well appointed, modern, and clean and checkin/check out was seamless. I was extended the "green" option of eschewing daily housekeeping and towel changes in exchange for 500 starwoods points per night which was lovely. The complimentary wifi was fast and reliable.

My girlfriend had a lovely exfoliating scrub at the heavenly spa, a wonderful experience which included complimentary mimosas. I also noticed the option of renting new balance workout clothes for my stay for only $5 which seems like a great way to cut down on packing if you intend to exercise.

The hotel also hosts a memorable jazz brunch on sundays which features an overwhelming array of hot, fresh, and delicious freshly prepared options from a highly renowned local chef.

The hotel PR manager, David Moses seems to have made it his personal mission to ensure my stay in not only the Westin, but the city of Savannah, a delight. He had invited me to the hotel a few months prior and even personally drove me to and from the airport and arranged to have chocolate covered strawberries and champagne delivered to my room.

I highly recommend staying at the Westin Savannah Harbor Gold Resort & Spa to anyone looking to visit the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Eli,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated to hear that I was able to make such a positive and memorable Five Star Experience. It was my pleasure to play host for such a lovely couple. The Heavenly Spa and the Sunday Jazz Brunch are indeed spectacular features of the Resort. The Heavenly Spa has its own Trip Advisor Page and would sure appreciate any kudos you provide. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We just spent our anniversary at the Westin on Hutchinson Island (across river from Savannah) and it was perfect to the last detail. The hotel is as ritzy or laid back as you want it to be with everything from valet parking and spa treatments to being able to bring your own bikes and park them in the room. We reserved a 16th floor room with balcony on the riverfront and it was outstanding. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, the room had good closet space and we’d called in advance for a small refrigerator to be placed in the room (no charge) for our snacks and juices. Coffee maker came with tea and Starbucks coffee; nice touch. Bathroom was pretty with a large and lovely showerhead that included a hosed wand. The view of the Savannah River and waterfront was spectacular. A special dividend was the massive ships and sassy tug boats traversing the river all day, a show unto itself. The local free ferry docks at the Westin and ferries passengers to and from the Savannah River district all day into the night so that made it convenient to take our bikes across the river and visit all the sites without parking fees, leaving our car in the free, covered, Westin parking garage for the stay. The hotel has a beautiful heated pool, a large spa, splash pad, cabanas for rent and pavilion at which several weddings were held, as well as banquet facilities and restaurants with excellent service and delicious food. The lobby has a piano with drink service that extends to the large patio area overlooking the river. The staff was exceptionally attentive and when we had any issue (people smoking on the balcony beside us, loud music late) security put it to end within minutes. This hotel also boasts an outstanding golf course with spa and workout facilities off site just a bit from the hotel. We had signed up as a Starwood Preferred Guest so we were able to check out late, extending our last day there. To top it all off, my husband left his wallet in the room, which he discovered 3 hours into our trip home. With one call Kiki at the desk, and Toni with Security found it, called back to let us know within 15 minutes, and within a few minutes more we had a FEDEX confirmation e-mailed to our phone for them to overnight it to him. This hotel, its amenities and staff are Five Star all the way and we’ll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony overlooking the river, outstanding view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Amy,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated to hear that we were able to make such a positive and memorable Five Star Experience. The Heavenly Bed and the view are two of my favorite features as well. Kiki and Toni are assets to the team and will be delighted to hear that their efforts are appreciated. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We spent 4 days at the Westin and had a glorious time. The shuttle running from the hotel to river street was always on time and available. The Midnight Sun bar on site had a great selection of bourbons, made a wonderful raspberry sling...they fired up the fires in the evening so my husband could smoke his cigar and we could stay warm. Gym is about a 1/4 mile away and not a bad walk as a warm up, however the shuttle runs constantly back and forth.. A little chilly one evening we decided to stay in for dinner the restaurant was decent as well. Overall, had a great stay, would highly recommend. Couple things wish they would improve on, for the price of the hotel, the business center could be complimentary and connecting to their wifi was cumbersome.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ickim

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide a positive experience for you. The Savannah Belle's Ferry and Midnight Sun are two of my favorite features. I appreciate your feedback in regard to the Business Center & wifi. We will use your comments to improve. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Be Well,