“Festival of Lights activities”

Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our entire family enjoyed the week at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. The festival of light activities are a great event for the entire family. The variety of Christmas displays are enjoyable and of course the close encounters with the animals are a great experience for young and old. Feeding the Camels, goats, pigs, kangaroos is truly a once in a lifetime experience for our grandchildren.
The Westin Hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating and the Ginger bread house display in the lobby is simply amazing. The Golf course is in fantastic condition and the staff made our experience superb. We will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: The river view rooms provide a great view of savannah and the boat traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dieter S
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted that we were able to provide a Five Star experience and that your overall experience was positive. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the Festival of Lights and Gingerbread Village. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We ended up at the Westin Savannah Harbor when trying to stay in the Historic District.
It's on the other side of the river but only a couple of minutes ferry ride (free) to the hustle and crowds of the Historic Area riverfront. This hotel is a resort quality hotel with the amenities you would expect. The doormen, front desk and Concierge folks were all very accommodating.

Our plans were pretty much last minute and weather played a big factor in our destination. We walked the area near the Hotel and Golf course in the mornings and felt safe and secure. The pool area is beautiful and given the temperature range of 40 at night to 60 during the day, the heated pool did not tempt us to try it. Only kids and a few brave folks were in the pool. We caught the Christmas Boat Parade on Saturday night and it was lovely. The constant large ships pass by and the sound of the horns and flavor to the waterway.

The breakfast buffet is a great place to start the day but it isn't cheap. We did not eat any other meals in the hotel because of other plans. I've stayed in the Historic District in the past but this was a pleasant and worthwhile change. As a Starwood member, we got upgraded to the river side on the 9th floor and we had a great view of the city.

Room Tip: A Starwoods membership may earn you an upgrade. If you have to pay more to be on the river side, pay...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Herm B

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted that we were able to provide a Five Star experience and that your overall experience was positive. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stop in at the Westin on our pilgrimage back from PA to Florida at Thanksgiving. We always meet friends to watch the boat parade and fireworks. Hotel is animal friendly and if you stay on the top 2 floors with a balcony and river view you can watch the boats and fireworks. Our friends had been there for 6 days and had complained to us about the standard of the restaurant as it was not what it used to be. We ended up ordering room service which was really disappointing, the hotel comped it for us. Professional hotel, nice grounds great views and remember to stop in to see Miguel in the bar for a cocktail. We will be back next year, hopefully the restaurant will have improved by then.

Room Tip: Definitely 15 or 16 floor with riverview and balcony. Fab views of Savannah from the other side of t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff D

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to meet your in-room dining expectation and will use your feedback to improve. I am encouraged that your overall experience was positive. We hope to welcome you back and restore your faith in our property.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I'm a pretty busy guy so when I get the chance to play a little golf I do. This one day I decided to try to get a round in at Savannah Harbor. It just so happen that my daughter had a little cold and had to stay home for the day. I went to the course anyway just to let the guys know that I couldn't play and take the little one back home. While at the bar waiting this wonderful bartender offered my daughter a hot chocolate, she than asked if we were going to play golf. I told her why we couldn't and she offered to watch her while I played. My daughter didn't want to leave so I took her up on it. I played 9 holes came back and my daughter was having a blast. She had everything she need arts and crafts which she loves and paper and crayons so she could draw pictures. This was the best treatment I have ever received at any golf course and urge everyone to go there. I will definitely be back...Thank you Mrs.Carol for make me and my daughter feel at home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sidlance83
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Sid,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am overjoyed that you were able to get a round in at The Club. Carol is definitely an asset to our team and will be happy to hear that her efforts are appreciated. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay at the Westin, but did enjoy the golf course and pro shop. All of the people working were so nice and accommodating! The weather turned out perfect and we were able to get in 18 holes. The carts are top notch with GPS on board, coolers, etc. Bathroom facilities were very nice out on the course, which is nice for a change. We'll definitely play here again on our next visit. And thanks for the cool bag tags! We collect them!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing to play golf at The Club at Savannah Harbor. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the course and appreciated the bag tags! The Club also has its own TripAdvisor page and would greatly appreciate your comments too. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah as a golfer or a Resort Guest!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I came here for my part of my birthday week and they upgraded our room to seond to top floor and we had a great view of the Savannah River and the city of savannah which is right on it. Thet have ferry boats to take you back and forth at no charge. This hotel was first class all the way. Restaurants were all great. Service was top notch. I'm planning to come back here soon. I felt like a movie star they way I was treated. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Face the river for best views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Creek1955

Happy Birthday!

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the ferry, views, and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is my first negative experience ever with Westin. As an SPG member I have been a loyal customer for years and usually opt for Westin whenever one is available as I travel. Sadly this property simply does not measure up.

It began with reception where the staff was efficient, but exuded none of the warmth or charm usually associated with lodgings in Georgia, especially Savannah. When asked about a AAA special advertised on the website regarding food and beverage discount, she indicated she knew nothing about it but "just ask the waiter" and turned away. Of course any such discount is not in the purview of waiters.

It went downhill from there. The rooms, except for the well advertised bedding, were a notch below any I have stayed in. The bathroom had no fan or vent so even cleaning odors remained. There was nowhere for toiletries and we had to use the limited space on the dresser next to the TV for everything from toothbrushes to cosmetics. There were no shelves, drawers or cabinets in the bath even tho there was plenty of space to accommodate all. There was a phone jack, but no phone. There were no racks to hang wet towels except one covering the toilet paper roll.

The mini bar was empty. When I called Express service to inquire I was advised that I could order from room service for delivery. The room service menu listed a fifth of Smirnoff vodka at $95, an item that can be purchased in any liquor store in the state for less than $20! A better bargain than Grey Goose at $140, but still. I realize room service and liquor is a profit center for a hotel, but c'mon!!

The property is well located next to the Convention Center and just a ferry ride across the river from the historic Waterfront. The grounds are pleasant enough and the pool area was nice, but the Spa is a shuttle ride to the Golf Club which is not very conducive to a relaxing experience. This is dubbed as a "resort" property, but it did not feel like it...except when you checked out and were hit with a $23 a day "resort fee" even if you used none of the resort related activities.

Unlike my other experiences at either a Westin or a Westin resort, this felt much more like a low end cookie cutter convention hotel shuttling people in and out with little concern for customer service. The only instance of outstanding customer service came from Alina K. in the Aqua restaurant. Alina was genuinely concerned about a problem we encountered and was proactive in addressing it.

If we return to Savannah for business or pleasure, we'll opt for another hotel as there are many fine establishments. I would recommend Westin management take a closer look at their competition or at their other properties and step up to the plate. An experience like this damages the brand.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to make a positive experience for you. I appreciate your feedback in regard to the rooms condition, amenities and pricing--we will use your comments to improve. Please contact me directly at david.moses@westin.com so that I may investigate further--your experience is deeply troubling and certainly not typical. We hope to welcome you back and restore your faith in the property.