“Awesome Hotel with a beautiful view”

Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lake Worth, Florida
“Awesome Hotel with a beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Westin during a stop on our way to North Carolina. I have stayed at lots of Westins throughout the Southeast and this was the best experience I have ever had!!!
From the time we pulled up at the front door where Marco in Valet Parking was the first great hotel associate. Extremely attentive and asked how our trip was and started to give suggestions on where to go in Savannah. Then onto the front desk team where the experience got better and better. Extremely genuine and friendly associates, everywhere we turned. The bell man spent about 5 minutes pointing out places from our hotel room and gave us 3 different reccomendations for dinners at all different prices. Overall all I can say about the Savannah Westin is WOW!!!!

Room Tip: There are great rooms that overlook the city of savannah and rooms that overlook the beautiful golf...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinDave, David Moses Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. We are proud to have Marco on our staff and he will be pleased to know that his efforts are appreciated. I am especially delighted that you found our other associates friendly too. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah and hope to WOW you again.

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I recently attended a Nurse Practitioner Conference held at the Westin. With respect to the conference, the audiovisuals were very good. There were no technical issues.
The setting was lovely and very relaxing. The location with its free ferry service into town was very convenient. The entire staff was very attentive. Excellent customer service. I had made a request at the front desk and had a message waiting for me to check if my request was granted.

I would highly recommend this Westin for both business and recreation.

MJT

Room Tip: Loved the view from the riverfront rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. We were incredibly lucky to host your conference and I am happy that our technical team was able to provide a positive and memorable experience. I am especially delighted that you found our customer service, setting and staff was able to impress. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah and hope your trip can be longer too.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at the Westin because I was there for a meeting for 1 night but I wish I could have stayed longer. The hotel is on the river and has a resort feel. Walking into the grand lobby you will see the Elliptigo bikes which you can use to explore the island. You will also notice the large and relaxing pool just through the main lobby at the hotel.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. My room was well maintained and had a small balcony overlooking the river. It was nice that you could take the free ferry across the river to the historic district and enjoy the restaurants and shops. I enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I'm elated that were able to enjoy the lobby, swimming pool and that the staff was were friendly and helpful during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah and hope your trip can be longer too.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at a different hotel but were told that Aqua Star at the Westin had a great breakfast so we went there. Sasha was our waiter and he was wonderful. We had a wonderful conversation about his home country of France and the food was excellent. Highly recommended and great service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am overjoyed to hear that you were able to enjoy the culinary offerings of our Executive Chef, Sir Roger Michel. Sasha is an asset to our team and he will also be happy to hear that his efforts are appreciated. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Best regards,

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I made reservations at the Westin in Savannah GA several days before my wife and left left for our return trip home from Florida. I reserved a waterfront room for two nights and the rate included breakfasts. When I arrived, the room reservation was for a golf view (much cheaper). After chatting with the registration clerk for a bit she reluctantly agreed to give me a waterfront view. She said the room wasn't quite ready yet and to come back a bit later for the key. When I returned I was looked after someone else. She pulled up my booking and guess what-golf view room. I had to go through the whole process again and got a water view room. The room was great. When we went for breakfast the next day I discovered I was not given my tickets for the complimentary breakfasts. Went back down to the front desk and retold my frustrating tale all over again to Ashley. She was wonderful. She was very apologetic and gave me tickets for our two breakfasts (as per our original reservation) and gave us tickets for a three course dinner at their restaurant for all of our trouble. Ashley, turned a very negative experience into a very positive experience just by listening and acknowledging the problems we had. By the way, the hotel and facilities are great. There is a swimming pool close to the Savannah River, with bar etc. and a fire pit where sticks, marshmallows, chocolates and graham crackers are provided. Very cool especially if you have kids. Loved staying there, if only Westin could improve on their reservation system.

Room Tip: Choose the water front rooms.
Green Features: Good job on their environment practices. Education for guests on green practices ENERGY STAR windows Leftover materials (e.g. food) donated or re-used Temperature set to save energy Energy-saving lighting controls Landscaping designed to minimize flooding
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that your stay was positive overall. I apologize our reservations system was unable meet your expectations, but happy to hear that Ashley was able to save the day. She is an invaluable member of our management team and she will be happy to hear that her efforts were appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The staff at this hotel are all fantastic. Quick with not only their smiles and greetings but to ask if there is anything they can do for you. We were here for the 2nd Annual Ranger Appreciation Golf Tournament that was held at the Savannah Harbor Golf Club, which is on premise and there is a free shuttle to take you and bring you back. We had a nice room on the 16th floor with a view of Historic Savannah and the river. Great view. This place is set up for couples, families, convention goers, families with dogs. The food was good here, but the burgers in the lounge were off the charts! If you are like myself and enjoy great American Bourbons, this is the place for you! I closed off my night one night with a great bourbon and a piece of outrageous chocolate. Trust me they go together. The pool area is designed with families in mind. There is a great area for the kids to frolic around in, get wet and be safe. In short this place has it all.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your glowing review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that your stay was fantastic! We were honored to host the 1/75th Ranger Battalion Golf Tournament ant we look forward to having you back for the 3rd. Our Midnight Sun Bourbon & Chocolate Lounge is also a great way to begin or close any evening. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. We were there for a conference so it was very convenient. It was right on the river so it was a great view. It had a ferry to take you to river walk. They let us check in early, let us check out late, and gave us a room with a view on the river. The hotel offered either 500 points a day if we did not do room service or a 5 dollar gift card. They gave us all the stuff we needed like towels, soap ect and left extras outside our door on the second day. The only thing that we thought was missing was many TV channels but when you have a view like we did its hard to complain.

The beds were comfy. We had a frig and coffee maker in the room. No microwave. They have a large pool, hot tub and nightly smores out by a fire. They also have ping pong and foosball table.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that your stay was positive and memorable. The riverside s'mores are truly a treat for kids of all ages and I'm glad you were able to appreciate them. I appreciate your feedback regarding our TV stations and will use it to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.