“LOVE LOVE LOVE”

Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is my first review on trip advisor, I have stayed at the Westin in Savannah3 times now. And i absolutley love this property. My boiyfriend and myself on our last and most recent stay stayed in late august for our anniversary. We absolutley love the rocking chairs they are our favourite part of the hotel so you can see the views of river street at night the lights and boats are beautiful. Thank you to front desk and IRD for sending us champagne and strawberrys in the evening it made our trip memorable and special. Wish i remembered the ladies name who served us in aqua star the two times we have stayed there! great service and great food!
have highly recommened to all friends family! and definatley will be back! LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a higher floor river view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gilbertcharlotte
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that your stay was positive and memorable enough to warrant your public vote of confidence. Our new rocking chairs are a true treat and I am happy to hear that they are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Public Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,074)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I loved my stay at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I took my husband there for his birthday and we were not disappointed. Everything is just as posted on the website. The food was amazing. The ferry will take you across the river to walk along the river walk. Very beautiful!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinDave, David Moses Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was positive. Executive Chef, Roger Michel, is an asset to our team and I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear that his work is appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the Westin on the Savannah river and met some friends there. It was a very pleasant stay and such a lovely view across the river. We often watched huge container ships cruise up and down the river. The room was clean and comfortable and WIFI was free. The river shuttle made it very convenient staying there and the little ferry boats are fun to ride. My spouse enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi down by the river. So overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are the way to go.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated to hear that your overall stay was positive. The container ships are certainly a sight to see and the ferry is a great feature. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Westin in Savannah. And it was good but front desk had a few issues. The ferry's were great. About every 20 minutes they would shuttle you back and forth to river street. But if you wanted to drive you had to take the bridge to Savannah. A little bit of pain. The room for the price could have been cleaner. We found trash and some kind of powder on the floor by the curtains. Also someone had opened the water bottles and refilled them instead of trashing them. After 11pm only things opened is bar.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Robert O

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was positive. We will use your feedback to improve your offerings for the future. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice. The views of Savannah are wonderful. We enjoy the free river shuttle over to the city, and then the return to our peaceful hotel. The pool is lovely. The hotel staff are gracious and very helpful. Always enjoyable!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear you were able to enjoy the views, pool and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great hotel, since it does have to stay up with Westin standards. We had a room overlooking the golf course, didn't want to upgrade for the City view. The rooms were modern; the pool is amazing, especially at sunset overlooking the Savannah River with the city in as backdrop. The golf course was great, although remember bug spray as there were swarms of mosquitoes. There is a ferry that will take you to downtown Savannah within 15 min, but the downside is the service isn't available late night.
It is kind of pricey, but feels luxurious.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear you were able to enjoy the room, pool and golf course. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Lovely hotel, had the river side view which was great! Enjoyed the Starbucks coffee in the room. The room also had a fridge, robe, ironing board and iron that we made use of. We did hear a dog bark for about 2-3 minutes one night - but it was not that disruptive. The only negative is at check out we paid a resort fee ($20 something a day), which we knew about, but when we went to leave the parking garage it said we owed $36. I was kind of annoyed and put $20 into the meter, but then it would not accept the rest of my bills. I pressed the call button, then the gate lifted. We went back to the front desk to ask if parking is included in the resort fee and they said yes and that I just needed our room key to get our of the parking garage - but we had already turned in our keys. I requested the $20 be refunded to me - which it was. So that was just a little snag at the end of our trip, but I would tell everyone to stay here as it is very convenient.

Room Tip: I would say ask for a river view because the golf view is not much of a view in my opinion.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 386MeriB

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that the end of your trip included some frustration and we will use this feedback to improve. I am happy you were able to enjoy the room, view and Starbucks coffee in the room. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.