New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great location | Be sure to Book their daytrip to Daufuskie Island” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa

Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #25 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location | Be sure to Book their daytrip to Daufuskie Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Easy check-in, nice rooms with comfortable beds. Beautiful pool area, easy access to River Street via the free Ferry. The staff at the hotel were fantastic. The Spa was nice and it was Renee who informed us about the amazing day trip the hotel offers.

The day trip through the hotel is a must! Cassandra and Sara (concierges at the hotel) helped us plan a quick 40 minute boat ride to Daufuskie Island. Once you arrive, you are greeted by their staff and treated like a VIP. Full access to a private pool, pristine beaches and the best staff I have ever met. It's called Bloody Point Golf Club and Resort, but do not let the name scare you. It is the most amazing place! It's so amazing that I actually joined 'tripadvisor' just so I could write a review for them.

We did have dinner at the Westin restaurant, Aqua Star, and it was wonderful. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning and it was terrible.

Other than never eating breakfast there again, I have no reservation about recommending this hotel and would not hesitate to stay again. Great location with easy access to all the activities in Savannah, without all the noise of the area.

Room Tip: If you can, splurge for the top floors with a balcony, the golf view was amazing
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted that you were able happy that you had the chance to take our Bloody Point Excursion! It is one of my favorite features here at the Resort. I apologize that your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations. Please contact me at david.moses@westin.com so that I can investigate further and make changes to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I love Westin's and this hotel did not disappoint. Great location, Ferry's take all over Savannah so you don't need to get into a car. The food at the hotel is outstanding and the service by the pool was maybe the best I have ever had at a hotel. Amazing!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank OHVA
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that you found our Resort's location convenient and that you found the pool and service outstanding. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Thompsons Station, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel but average for a Westin. I'm not sure about the resort description though. It has the golf course, which is really nice with a spa, but those are disconnected. As far as the hotel and amenities they are like any other Westin. The location is nice and its across the river from town so you are far more secluded than being in town. The water taxi is right out front and the free ride gets you into town in a few minutes. The common area is attractive and the rooms are nice enough. I can't speak to the food other than he bar menu. It is very light on selections and its very expensive. The taco chips & salsa are $10 and a burger is $13. - that is resort like. The quality is ok. You can't go wrong here but it won't blow you away.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Carl,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I appreciate your feedback about our culinary offerings and will use it to improve. I am happy that your overall experience was positive and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

kmac000
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked two nights at the Westin Savannah Harbor for a group of us that were looking for a golf getaway. I set up a reservation that was to include unlimited golf at the course by the hotel. Unfortunately two months after I made the reservation and one week until our scheduled stay I was informed the golf course was closed the second day of our reservation. I had to scramble and make several calls to several different people to get the issue resolved. I didn't want to pay for unlimited golf I couldn't play and was somewhat frustrated why I was booked for a reservation that couldn't be honored. I would not recommend the unlimited golf package.

Anyway, long story short they got it resolved and lowered my room rate to the standard charge and also were nice enough to get my group a tee time a a nearby private course that was very nice. After our round of golf Friday Dee, who had been helping me get the issue resolved, had left a nice tray of snacks and drinks in our room with a very nice note. It was a very nice gesture and much appreciated.

The hotel was very nice and both rooms were clean and ideal. We were very impressed with the showers. Check in was a breeze and we were put in rooms on the same floor and side by side. We also enjoyed the pool and the recreation tent that included ping pong and foos ball. The free ferry across the river is very convenient and was a great perk. This really is a nice property. The golf course is outstanding and the service and quality of the hotel is superb. Other than the initial snafu, I have no complaints and would not hesitate to book another stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kmac000
Dear Amy,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize for our inability to honor the unlimited golf package. Please contact me at david.moses@westin.com so I may investigate further and make changes to improve. I am happy that your overall experience was positive and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

McDonough, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you're looking for the perfect spot to relax and unwind, this hotel is the right place for you. Newly renovated, excellent staff with true Southern hospitality and a wonderful view of the Savannah River and short (free) ferry ride to River Street, all with a 4 star resort experience. The golf course is awesome and spa is pure bliss. My husband and I always love staying here and can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong here. River view is preferred but view of the golf course is pretty ni...
1 Thank Amy C
Dear Amy,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated that you were able to relax and unwind while you were with us in July. As you noted, our PGA Championship Golf Course is a sight to see and the Heavenly Spa aims to please. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a River view room, which was an unexpected wonderful surprise. Seeing the cargo ships right out your window was an awesome experience. Then we were directed to the concierge where even more wonderful service began. Merry quickly mapped out our entire itinerary, starting for later that evening and throughout our last day. Our first night was a pleasant dinner boat tour up the Savannah River, which had great entertainment, scenery, and food. The next day she lined up a city guided tour for my wife and me, taking the guess work out of how to see the best sites. I might also note the hotel valets and other staff we saw in passing were quick to answer any questions we had about the city or Westin amenities. Finally, Merry arranged for us to take the Westin exclusive Daufuskie Bloody Point excursion, which was the icing on the cake of our vacation. At such a reasonable price, we didn't begin to expect that day to be the highlight of our trip but it certainly was. A private beach for just us two; a golf cart tour of the island, where we saw turtles hatching, a monkey squirrel, and other wildlife we've never seen before; and a delightful Bloody Point resort staff, and yes, even the owner, who catered to our every need. We highly recommend the Westin and will look for it in other cities we visit in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the River are worth the upgrade cost.
2 Thank Cityhallpd1
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated Merry was able to assist in making your trip to Savannah positive and memorable. She is an asset to our team and will be delighted to hear that her efforts are appreciated. I am especially happy to hear that you enjoyed our new Daufuskie Island Beach Excursion to Bloody Point Golf Club. It is truly a magnificent feature. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Best Regards,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I would've preferred a hotel on the other side of the river, but the is a boat nearby that will take you across. The hotel was very nice and the bed was "heavenly." We spent most of or time indoors because of rain haha

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Asher,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that you found our Heavenly Beds comfy and that you found the property to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.