We stayed here for two nights in a party of six ( my husband and I, our 4 and 3 year old boys, and my parents).
We found this to be a perfect hotel for the children. We arrived after a 2.5 hour drive from our home in Jackonville, at around 7.30 at night. The valet were quick to help with bags and car, and check in was smooth.
We had two rooms , both with two double beds with river view- and we're very happy with the space / cleanliness and the view of the pool and town.
We went to the Aqua Star for breakfast at around 9.30 on the Saturday morning . There was a reasonable queue, and we had to wait to be seated for 20 minutes. Once inside the restaurant, we did not understand the wait as there were ample tables. But this really is our only gripe.
The ferry service was great. The children loved the boat ride, and you get a good view of the town as you cross the river .
Back at the hotel the pool and splash zone were a huge hit and kept the kids occupied for ages while us adults could enjoy a drink from the pool bar .
Upon check out, we saw on our itemised bill that valet parking was $23 - but we had already been charged for self parking in the automatically deducted resort fee. This was our fault for not reading the sign correctly on the valet desk outside the hotels main doors. When I spoke to Kellie on reception, I explained the mistake, and asked if we could pay the difference on the valet parking fee. She was extremely helpful, and very understanding, and waived the $46 valet fee.
We really liked this hotel overall. We think this great if you are traveling to Savannah with kids .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin